PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Tigers [Round 17, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The team has no self belief, because it is aware of there own ability to score points
Leadership is showy but lacks substance. Do we really think the team isnt rolling its eyes when cherry lays down the law in huddles, demanding buy in.

Forwards have laid a platform for years only to see it amount to jack ****
Now they just dont bother after 20 minutes

The refs hurts us because we need the ref to turn us around but they dont like us , so we have to hope the other team implodes

ivementioned it a few times our attacking game is based on the opposition missing basic tackles or falling over

• 👍
Reactions: Kez
Hi John, I like the concept of looking forward into 2021, one question I have is I have seen it from a few people is Saddler before Titmuss to get a crack. I have seen them both play and I rated Titmuss over Saddler, curious to understand other people’s thoughts on picking Saddler before Titmuss.

I think I have seen Titmuss play, however he couldn't have been too outstanding to make an impression.
Saddler is in the memory bank however, for his power, strength and (sometimes excess) aggression.
That is not something we have much of and need right now.

This is the perfect match for both Manly and Wests to select their rookies.
Wests don't need to see Marshall, Mbye, Brookes etc and we don't need to see Tafua, Parker, Thommo, Sir Loin, Kapow, Jake, Jetski, Duck and Aladdin. Both clubs know what these players are capable of, and quite a few won't be there next season.
The result is immaterial. There is no difference coming 11th, 12th or 13th in the comp.
What would be exciting is unearthing a young player who shows he is going to be part of our 2021 re-build.

This is the perfect match for both Manly and Wests to select their rookies.
Wests don't need to see Marshall, Mbye, Brookes etc and we don't need to see Tafua, Parker, Thommo, Sir Loin, Kapow, Jake, Jetski, Duck and Aladdin. Both clubs know what these players are capable of, and quite a few won't be there next season.
The result is immaterial. There is no difference coming 11th, 12th or 13th in the comp.
What would be exciting is unearthing a young player who shows he is going to be part of our 2021 re-build.
Not Wests, they need to shop players (brookes’in particular) therefore need them on display in the shopfront window (playing) At least that was according to 360 last night. Until we are mathematically no chance of the finals. I only see Des making the minimal change to cover our injuries. Hope I’m wrong.

Think I heard Maguire may give a few of their new guys a run, not sure. Brooks will be on display, they reckon he is only on about 800k so quite a bargain for a half. Although he can't organise a team, of course.
I look forward to watching Hoppa after that run under his belt, and Funa is good to watch too, although you never know what you'll get. Hopefully he soon settles into a more consistent performer as he has plenty of class.
If Haumole and Schuster get picked but we lose, I'll be most interested to see the the comments of all those who reckon they won't mind losing as long as the youngsters get a run :)

SE8, if they are selected and they lose, it will be just as much a plus to me as if they win. We're out of this season. Its time to test. Its time to give the youngsters a chance to get experience. This is not about the Tigers game. Its about 2021 and giving some of these kids a taste so they can prepare knowing what to expect, over the off season. I don't care if Manly lose now as long as we get to see some of the young talent get a chance to show their wares, because the season is gone. All gain in my opinion, whether Manly win or lose, if the kids get their chance to play. These next four games are like trials, or should be used that way

Mind you if they play and win comfortably, that would suggest something, wouldn't it.

SE8, if they are selected and they lose, it will be just as much a plus to me as if they win. We're out of this season. Its time to test. Its time to give the youngsters a chance to get experience. This is not about the Tigers game. Its about 2021 and giving some of these kids a taste so they can prepare knowing what to expect, over the off season. I don't care if Manly lose now as long as we get to see some of the young talent get a chance to show their wares, because the season is gone. All gain in my opinion, whether Manly win or lose, if the kids get their chance to play. These next four games are like trials, or should be used that way

Mind you if they play and win comfortably, that would suggest something, wouldn't it.
I agree give them a chance nothing to lose in my opinion.

I would just say though as well even just one I would like to see us win one game before the season is out, not lose all 4.

Are the whispers of another rookie getting a gig Saturday true ?
Could be exciting but will see come 4 this arvo

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8