PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Storm [Round 24, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Incidentally, I've had the Manly rain jacket on this week - geez it keeps a person dry. So if it's raining ....

MD today

‘I want to make dad proud’
image.ashx

Sea Eagle Taniela Paseka has a special motivation in today’s game with the Storm. Picture: AAP

RISING Sea Eagle prop Taniela Paseka hopes to celebrate Father’s Day early in this evening’s big showdown with the Storm at Lottoland.

His dad and biggest supporter Leone is travelling from Sydney’s west to attend his first Sea Eagles game this season and that has provided Paseka with extra motivation.

“I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for him and my step mum Carmel,” the 21-yearold told Blindside.

“Both of them did everything for me, I owe it to those two.

“I want to make him proud and do good in front of him.”

Leone usually likes to watch his son playing on TV sitting on his lounge and he couldn’t have picked a better game to see live.

“The history between Manly and the Storm at Lottoland is huge, it’s a mad feud and for everyone it is personal across the whole paddock,” Paseka said.

He said to come up against the team on top of the ladder was a good chance to see where his game is at.

“For me I am going to come out with everything I have to beat the best team in the NRL,” he said.

RING OF CONFIDENCE

THE young man mountain who weighs about 121kg and stands 197cm is another of coach Des Hasler’s success stories who continues to improve and grow in confidence the more time he spends on the field.

Teammate Curtis Sironen has known Paseka since they were together at Wests Tigers and said he has always had the talent and size and now he is starting to realise that.

He revealed fellow Sea Eagles front-rowers Marty Taupau and Addin Fonua-Blake have been mentors helping Paseka fulfil his undoubted potential.

“He is throwing them around at training, he should be doing it on the field,” Sironen said.

CRYING GAME

RUGBY league fans often complain about the lack of real characters in the NRL.

So wasn’t it refreshing to see Fonua-Blake show some personality after last Sunday’s win over Canberra when he gestured that Raiders supporters should have a good cry.

But it was all too much for Raiders boss Don Furner who said it was a “childish act” and that the in-form prop should “grow up”.

No mention of the constant sledging that Canberra supporters hurled at the Manly players throughout game nor of Canberra forward Joey Leilua dropping his knees into Reuben Garrick after the Manly winger scored a try.

Fonua-Blake’s cheeky prank was Blindside’s play of the week.

No worries at all hope Parker plays though we need him back.

It was here:
Round 24 NRL team announcements
Sea Eagles: The loss of back-rower Joel Thompson to a broken arm has been tempered by the return of Curtis Sironen from a hamstring injury. That means Jack Gosiewski keeps his place in the starting line-up. Brad Parker (knee) was omitted from the extended squad on Friday along with Tevita Funa.

14 Manase Fainu

15 Corey Waddell

16 Morgan Boyle

17 Taniela Paseka

20 Brad Parker

21 Lloyd Perrett

Out:
Lachlan Croker, Tevita Funa

From manly website which I trust

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14