PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Storm [Round 24, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagles Nest 78

Reserve Grader

Manly vs Storm – Brookie Sat 31st Aug/Round 24 – Big Game & Crowd

Already it’s starting to build-up nicely for our last home game (regular season) against the Storm where it seems all of the Reserve Seating might be sold out in the next 48 hours.

A crowd of 18,000+ is hopefully on the cards for this Lottoland (Brookie Oval) clash.

I’m sure lots of the locals might be attending a game for the first time this year (all getting on the band wagon!) … all good & welcome for this big game.

Our last 18,000+ crowd was in 2014 the last round vs Panthers (31st Aug 2014). Therefore it will be 5 years ago to the day if we can crack 18k again. That crowd was 18,654 & Jason King’s last home game; Sea Eagles 26 d Panthers 25 and that try right on the bell to win!

Also it will 8 years since the “Battle of Brookie” which was on 26th Aug 2011 with a 20,414 (bumper) crowd that night!

So whose coming to the Round 24 game (Sat 31st Aug @ 5.30pm) that hasn’t been to a Brookie Home Game this year? … and where are you travelling from?

Last edited:
I am on night shift . What a game !!! . Every one will come to see us smash the Storm . It will be a sell out

Just a thought .. everybody at the ground should take a photo of the sea of maroon and white ... and send the photos to GreenTurd .... show him what a full stadium looks like and the atmosphere fans can generate ... the real experience that makes kids become lifelong supporters ...and what they really think of suburban grounds ...

Chez_FG_201919_small-min.gif

With love from Brookie :*

Just a thought .. everybody at the ground should take a photo of the sea of maroon and white ... and send the photos to GreenTurd .... show him what a full stadium looks like and the atmosphere fans can generate ... the real experience that makes kids become lifelong supporters ...and what they really think of suburban grounds ...

He's such a

giphy.gif

Travelling from Mona Vale to Brookie.

This will be only my second attendance at Brookie this season.

I had the best of intentions to go to more home games but it's just too easy to pop 50 meters up the road to Pittwater RSL to watch the games live in the sports bar.

Travelling from Mona Vale to Brookie.

This will be only my second attendance at Brookie this season.

I had the best of intentions to go to more home games but it's just too easy to pop 50 meters up the road to Pittwater RSL to watch the games live in the sports bar.

I have a pub just 100m from me, however I still choose to do the 1 hour drive each way to every home game this year.

Did you go Forest High Ella? I did ... I left 30 years before you were born !!! .... Class of 69 ...50 years this year !!!

Haha yes I did!!! I was class of 2017 @:p

Mum also went to Forest & was class of 86 (I think lol) - although she left in yr 10

Travelling from Frenchs Forest to Brookvale...

A very strenuous trip @:D

I have to walk all the way to the end of my street to get the bus from North Manly ...

After more than 20 years in China, 5 years in Brisbane (when the Broncos entered the comp), 3 in Canberra (when the Raiders were winning comps), gee its nice to be back. I go to every game and its just great.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6