Pre-Game discussion: Manly v Souths [Finals week 2, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree, maybe this is the way Des has them playing. Compressed defence, stop the opposition going through the middle and give them a chance to get through out wide.

The Storm, Eels and Sharks all worked this out and I fear that Souths will work this out too. Put an extra man out wide and Manly does not adjust. Saw a replay of the first try last night and the commentators were saying that Gosiewski did not adjust due to his injury but I'm not so sure it was entirely his fault. This all coincides with Tom not playing so maybe he does a lot more talking than Elliot. Surely they would train for this before a game and you would think that DCE with his experience would work better with the guys around him to adjust.
DCE might spot the overlap before it happens but it's usually the fullback who does the counting in defence. You'd confuse the team if you had more than one person calling the structures from the back. DCE can use his experience in deciding when to slide across in support and when to stay on his man.

Capture+_2019-09-18-14-44-15.png

Hey, when I was 15 at least there was some coverage ;) bring back ‘Ella’s Eagle Eye’ hahaha

Ella, there’s 15 year olds and then there’s 15 year olds , you are far far more special ( and yes I know you are no longer 15).

You have a very natural gift, a gift most teenagers don’t get.

What you were writing at that age was way beyond your years.

Ella, there’s 15 year olds and then there’s 15 year olds , you are far far more special ( and yes I know you are no longer 15).

You have a very natural gift, a gift most teenagers don’t get.

What you were writing at that age was way beyond your years.

Hahaha aw you’re too kind! I have read some back and cringe at my writing...but I guess I should expect a difference from being in year 9 vs being in my second year at uni hahaha!!

Is this really happening?
Manly is 80 minutes away from a grand final qualifier. Despite missing key players for significant periods, including having to field debutants in a finals match (which we won, and won well!)
To be in this position is great. To be doing it with talents like Keppie, Olakau’atu, Waddell, Fainu, Suli, Parker, Gosiewski, & Garrick all playing a part is massive.
Realistically all of them will probably be better players over the next year or two. Just shows what a genuinely good spot we are in now.
Plus we’ll beat Souths anyway!

Is this really happening?
Manly is 80 minutes away from a grand final qualifier. Despite missing key players for significant periods, including having to field debutants in a finals match (which we won, and won well!)
To be in this position is great. To be doing it with talents like Keppie, Olakau’atu, Waddell, Fainu, Suli, Parker, Gosiewski, & Garrick all playing a part is massive.
Realistically all of them will probably be better players over the next year or two. Just shows what a genuinely good spot we are in now.
Plus we’ll beat Souths anyway!
upload_2019-9-18_23-21-43.gif

Speaks for us all!

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7