PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Parramatta [Round 10, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Considering Des watches training and would be more informed than you or I he clearly does not think there is better talent than what he is picking.

Not saying it is right (i have no idea) but there must be a method to the madness
I hope your right but when you have young Shuster and Hopoate in the wings who have had massive warps on them by some very keen & noted judges it just makes me wonder ????

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Ashley Klein
Referee

Peter Gough
Touch Judge

Matt Noyen
Touch Judge

Beau Scott
Video Referee

Steve Chiddy
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope your right but when you have young Shuster and Hopoate in the wings who have had massive warps on them by some very keen & noted judges it just makes me wonder ????

I think this is where a lack of reserve grade football really hurts. Young hoppa has not played against the big boys and is coming of serious injury
Schuster, whilst talented, again has minimal top grade experience.

My question for all is when do you remember Des taking a punt on a kid?

For me it was Foran or Will Hoppa...before that maybe Brett S?

There is absolutely no way that Dessie will only start with the one prop on the bench against the Eels. I can see Sipley coming onto the bench (about time too) in place of Gosiewski. Surely Garrick & Taufua are on their last chance as both are struggling. Reuben Garrick definitely as part of the reason he is in the starting side is because of his goal kicking. As he is struggling with that and he is doing too much sideways running , I would look at Abbas Miski as he at least just runs forward .
Hopefully Olakau’atu & Sipley in for Gosiewski & Croker!

We are going to get flogged. I'm making my peace with that fact now so I don't get angry on game day. Just hoping croker didn't play. He has had opportunity and failed. Someone else deserved a shot.

No Moses for the Eels thankfully.

It won't help the result, but will stop a major blow-out.

Squeels side - on current form they have just about got us covered at every position. We might tie for talent in spots 10 and 13 and we may just force a draw on the bench.

Eels: 1. Clinton Gutherson 2. Maika Sivo 3. Michael Jennings 4. Waqa Blake 5. Blake Ferguson 6. Dylan Brown 7. Jai Field 8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Junior Paulo 11. Shaun Lane 12. Ryan Matterson 13. Nathan Brown 14. David Gower 15. Stefano Utoikamanu 16. Marata Niukore 17. Brad Takairangi

Has anyone else noticed Jake doesn't have the same steel as last year - he's not hitting as hard in D etc. I'm assuming missing the whole off-season due to shoulder surgery recovery has left him a little weaker physically this year (though no one can doubt his ticker). I think this has had a huge effect on our pack in terms of energy and confidence. Thommo also having a serious head injury over the summer may have affected his physicality too.

When you lose Fainu (after just releasing Api), thereby losing our biggest attacking threat of 2019 (our dummy half rotation), all of a sudden you have a forward pack down in confidence, lacking mongrel, and with no one to take advantage of any possible momentum.

Also I think it's noteworthy that a lot of our players were off-contract last year - essentially you had a group of young men playing for their careers, trying real hard to impress the new coach. This year (without naming anyone specifically), some individuals seem to be a little too comfortable.

My only criticism of the coaching team would be that despite last year showing us just how reliant our great club is on Tommy, I would have thought that a whole off-season would have prepared us better for the inevitable situation every team finds themselves in with injuries to key players.

Go Manly. 2021 Premiers!

You cant fault Des for his loyalty. This surely has to be the last chance for a few of the guys who are just not cutting it.

I would hope for two things this week.

A spirited performance against our eternal enemy who were gifted a win by an errant touch judge at our last meeting.

That the team scores a try from a kick and breaks our season duck. Their defence is really strong so we have to try other things to get a result.

The only way i see us winning is that it is a dour struggle. We just do not have the troops to be too expansive at the moment.

The only way we can win this if we can make Parra extremely uncomfortable.

We all know they are flat track bullies, and if you can somehow turn them off their game then you're within a chance.

Even if its kicking every ball into touch on the last tackle. Even get under their skin like really getting up them when they make an error, creating a little push and shove in the middle. Really put them off their game.

Last edited:
The only way we can win this if we can make Parra extremely uncomfortable.

We all know they are flat track bullies, and if you can somehow turn them off their game then you're within a chance.

Even if its kicking every ball into touch on the last tackle. Even get under their skin like really getting up them when they make an error, creating a little push and shove in the middle. Really put them off their game.

Unfortunately our 2 best nigglers Walker and AFB are not playing, hopefully they can train the others to do so because I like your thinking.
Parra were not great last week and in fact there was a 10 minute period which was the worst football I have seen this year ( worse than us last week) from both Knights and Parra, a bit of niggle and putting them off may well work.

Unfortunately our 2 best nigglers Walker and AFB are not playing, hopefully they can train the others to do so because I like your thinking.
Parra were not great last week and in fact there was a 10 minute period which was the worst football I have seen this year ( worse than us last week) from both Knights and Parra, a bit of niggle and putting them off may well work.

I think Keppie has a bit of niggle in him, I really hope he starts.

MATCH OFFICIALS:

Ashley Klein
Referee

Peter Gough
Touch Judge

Matt Noyen
Touch Judge

Beau Scott
Video Referee

Steve Chiddy
Senior Review Official

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow. The video Ref is back from the dead!

Team for this week and God gives us strength!!

Sea Eagles team

1 Brendan Elliot

2 Jorge Taufua

3 Brad Parker

4 Moses Suli

5 Reuben Garrick

6 Cade Cust

7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c)

8 Taniela Paseka

9 Danny Levi

10 Martin Taupau

11 Joel Thompson

12 Curtis Sironen

13 Jake Trbojevic

Interchange

14 Lachlan Croker

15 Jack Gosiewski

16 Sean Keppie

17 Corey Waddell

18 Haumole Olakau’atu

19 Tevita Funa

20 Abbas Miski

21 Toafofoa Sipley
God gives us strength!! LOL . Thats was so funny feathered friend @The Wheel SA
GOD HAS GIVEN US SEA EAGLES STRENGTH AND THE SUPER POWER TO SOAR TOWARDS VICTORY HIGHER THAN ANY LIVING CREATURE
WE HAVE BEEN HUMBLED AND WE ARE WOUNDED
BUT ALWAYS BEWARE OF THE WOUNDED SEA EAGLES
AS THEY ALWAYS BOUNCE BACK
WATCH THIS SPACE !!!
6877fdbf92709bd01429cf8cd36d4475 (1).jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4