PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Knights [Round 8, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ponga goes left nine times out of ten.Thats a big part of why Ramien left. And he will target Moses. Sirro will be a busy man.But yes .. any coach worth his salt saw Crokers tactics last week.
Ponga used to go left 9/10, something has changed in the last 2 weeks, Mann is taking much more of the ball when they go left. Seems like Ponga is being told to focus more on the middle or the open right side. I watch him very closely because he is in my SuperCoach team.

Practicing defence when we are about to face up against Ponga isn't such a bad plan actually!
They can defend SE8. Other than Funa every bloke there was involved in back end of last year.
With Fainu gone they need to focus on scoring points.I think that’s what was behind Garrick at fullback. Seems only possible reason anyway, even if it failed badly.

True, true.
I have a feeling that Des wants to set a strong mentality in defence, and re-set it anew each season.
Then after that, get into more attacking stuff once that foundation is set. Could be wrong.

True, true.
I have a feeling that Des wants to set a strong mentality in defence, and re-set it anew each season.
Then after that, get into more attacking stuff once that foundation is set. Could be wrong.
Yep That’s Des mantra. And who are we mere mortals to question it. He gets most things right and has done for twenty years.Keeps the forum
humming though

Yep That’s Des mantra. And who are we mere mortals to question it. He gets most things right and has done for twenty years.Keeps the forum
humming though
Haha yes indeed. I distinctly recall, may have been the old club forum or here, or both, but many posters slamming Des for his inadequate coaching of our attack in 2008. Once the semis started that year some of those posters were never heard of again :)

Without Tom / Dylan top 4 is a pipe dream. Too many gun sides with no injury issues playing good footy. We win 1 in every 3 without Tom starting .We need to lift that 33% to 50 % to just compete for seventh or eighth spot.

Can be done for sure but will be a real tough grind.
If the other sides that are at the top stay fully fit I think even top 8 might be a stretch BUT ( for example) would the Roosters have won last night if they had Radley /Verrils??

Very possibly.

So a lot depends on what happens injury wise from here.

Top 4 is already gone I feel but we might get lucky and finish about the same as 2019.

I like garrick at fullback simply because Elliott doesnt cut it. Elliott is a short term fill option. We are without tom for minimum 10 weeks, the only chance we have of making top 4 is by having someone with potential really star at 1 in toms absence. The right decision for the long term of the season is to give it to garrick, it that fails, give it to metcalf. IMO i would chuck metcalf in there now but just am happy its not elliott.

I would also think about starting croker at 9, he is better than levi, levi has been found wanting more than was hoped, doesn’t seem to have the passion as you have seen in the manly victory song videos when all the players are singing and levi is just sitting on his phone in which AFB and jake then give him stick for it.

Wow that backline stinks. I dare say that's the worst backline in the competition behind one of the best packs (bar Levi). I feel sorry for our forwards doing the hard stuff only to see that paltry backline fail to capitalize and create any points. The pressure is well and truely on myth boy to produce a commanding game management performance this week. If I see anymore last tackle kicks dribbling straight into Ponga's hands I'll fuking throw a six pack through the TV.

Wow that backline stinks. I dare say that's the worst backline in the competition behind one of the best packs (bar Levi). I feel sorry for our forwards doing the hard stuff only to see that paltry backline fail to capitalize and create any points. The pressure is well and truely on myth boy to produce a commanding game management performance this week. If I see anymore last tackle kicks dribbling straight into Ponga's hands I'll fuking throw a six pack through the TV.
Knights by plenty then Mick??

The tipsters and the non believers can tip who they like .
Our players have the final say
unnamed.png

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6