PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Manly v Broncos [Round 10, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I’m sadly not going on Friday a long standing catch up with some old mates happening and we will be up in the Ballandean wine region ( yeah don’t think they are great they’re not , good red wine is only made in South Australia ) for the weekend.

Hopefully it’s another win.
Had some nice dessert wines from there. Not much else though

I think this will be similar to last year except the mules will win. I can see our tissue defense reappearing and the donkeys running out to a 20pt lead. We will comeback but any more than 16 behind will be too much. Mules by 28-20.

Happened regularly back then didn’t it !!
I loved it when we had a cpl come from behind wins, and even though they had most of the Manly travelling supporter fans stuck in the corner of the ground, we couldn’t be silenced. The Cherry on top was when the players came over and joined the celebrations. I swear the daughter nearly broke Foz’ neck when she hugged him that hard, I had to pry her off him.

23 wins a piece in the head-to-head, with a single draw. Been close like this the last few years. Hopefully a win and start to break away. One of the few teams we don't have a positive H2H against (Storm, Saints.... )

Memories, anyone there that night?

One of the best, giving it back to the bronks fans at the end was Gold.
Wolfman did his hammy on that play too.
Pretty sure we had a member function after too!

I loved it when we had a cpl come from behind wins, and even though they had most of the Manly travelling supporter fans stuck in the corner of the ground, we couldn’t be silenced. The Cherry on top was when the players came over and joined the celebrations. I swear the daughter nearly broke Foz’ neck when she hugged him that hard, I had to pry her off him.
One of the first games I went to up there was on a mother's Day (2009?) and thaiday was captain for some reason.
We toweled them up that day.

This is what will happen if we are complacent

The Broncos can strike like lethal Cobras from anywhere on the field

They are young , full of speed and high testosterone

if this has been touched on already then pls ignore but i wonder if the Reynolds signing and to a lesser extent Coats going will have either a positive or negative effect on them?

Look at Gamble for instance. been playing really well but now has no chance starting with AR arriving next year. will he continue the rise or fall back? Milford looks a shot duck at the broncs now so will he step up looking for a new contract elsewhere or slide off in form? danger game this one.

if this has been touched on already then pls ignore but i wonder if the Reynolds signing and to a lesser extent Coats going will have either a positive or negative effect on them?

Look at Gamble for instance. been playing really well but now has no chance starting with AR arriving next year. will he continue the rise or fall back? Milford looks a shot duck at the broncs now so will he step up looking for a new contract elsewhere or slide off in form? danger game this one.
It's got to eat at them, that and the losses.

Have been thinking the same thing the past 24hrs. Who knows we’ll see in 24hrs time.

Have been thinking the same thing the past 24hrs. Who knows we’ll see in 24hrs time.
It's got to eat at them, that and the losses.
Danger game this one for sure, dangerous for us, I think AR‘s signature will work the other way, both Gamble and Milf need a job, if not at the Bronx then elsewhere, kind of means they need to step up and someone has to partner AR next year (maybe it’s Staggs, maybe it’s not) both have plenty to play for in any case.

The recent losses also worry me because its been the Bronx that have let themselves down, they have been playing well enough to be winning games, they have just failed to play out the full 80, we all saw what they did attack wise to the Tits, if they get it right and I‘m pretty sure they will be motivated to get it right, they will be hard to beat.
I’m sure they have heard and read the hype and I’m sure they want to prove a point and take it to Manly, beat us and the hype shifts in their favour.

Coates has vowed to give his best even though leaving and I believe he will, don’t think that will be a negative in anyway, pretty sure he is well liked and respected amongst the group.

l hate the fact we give up our home game to play Brisbane in the magic Rd, why on earth is it not one of their home games to begin with, games are hard enough to win without giving any advantage and I’m sure it is a plus for them.

Its pretty much a must win for us if we have any ambitions to go on with things this year, lose and we drift from the 8 and the pressure and momentum swings, win and we probably end up in the 8, build on our recent run and stay in the hunt to cause some damage, then who knows. Hope the lads play like they know what it means and treat the Bronx with the respect they deserve, it’s not a gift 2 points, that I’m sure of, if we want it and we work hard for it, its ours, if we on the other hand dont play a strong 80, it will be taken off us, danger game indeed, losing is not an option, do us proud and do the job lads, Manly to win in a tuff encounter.

Last edited:
l hate the fact we give up our home game to play Brisbane in the magic Rd, why on earth is it not one of their home games to begin with, games are hard enough to win without giving any advantage and I’m sure it is a plus for them.
I imagine it’s a financial thing... our club makes the least of any with gameday gate takings so getting a slice of the magic round buzz must be incentivised.

Memories, anyone there that night?

Thanks for the memories @The Wheel

What a Great win . What a Great Manly team

We need to make Manly Great again !

I imagine it’s a financial thing... our club makes the least of any with gameday gate takings so getting a slice of the magic round buzz must be incentivised.
I get that part, but I guess it just doesn’t sit well that the money comes first, it kind of feels like taking the cash is the priority, where as, as a supporter all that comes into my mind is winning and what ever it takes to win, not selling out the advantage for cash.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4