PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Knights v Manly [Round 14, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Taufua getting dropped is the best news in weeks - shows at least some positive direction... at least a glimmer of hope.

After a week or two ago, with half a seasons worth of persisting with Jorge + Croker + Elliott, my hopes truly died. Any positive selection change is a complete bonus for me. This season is a write off unless Tom somehow comes back early and gives us a miracle string of form.

To be fair, I'm not even sure if I would like the scenario of sneaking into the 8 play out off the back of Tom too much. It would just mask up our issues again and Des clearly wouldn't change. Heck, it'd probably result in new contracts for Elliott and Croker.

Long term it is probably best we get flogged for a few weeks so that we are (hopefully) forced to at least clear out some deadwood... and then try win the comp next year with a injury-free season.

Funa seems like a great centre, I am not sold as a winger he struggled on the wing against Broncos.

Agree with all that.
The best part about his overall game so far was recognising the failures in the first half against the Broncs, and changing the plan for the 2nd half, with success.

Might be better for the team to slot in on the wing right now, but will end up as a very, very good centre imo.

Young props to run hard all game with Jake having an absolute blinder leading the pack. Our halves and backs to benefit from the hard running and go forward with a few tries, a double to Funa. Most importantly our defensive line speed and effort areas to get us the win. Manly 32-14.
DCE MOM.

Taufua dropped but Elliot and Croker still there. Seriously Des you can't go half hearted at trying to shake things up. Funa to fullback, Miski to wing and Schuster on the bench. There'll be no attacking change while the plodder remains at fullback and Funa on the wing won't change our inability to defend out wide.

Taufua dropped but Elliot and Croker still there. Seriously Des you can't go half hearted at trying to shake things up. Funa to fullback, Miski to wing and Schuster on the bench. There'll be no attacking change while the plodder remains at fullback and Funa on the wing won't change our inability to defend out wide.
Lube up boys! Lube up now. On the bright side all the tries won't be scored on our left side .... Should be equal side shafting today. Knights by at least 30.

Crusher coming on Sky radio after 9am news, may explain hoppa and ins and outs for today.
Crusher interview was only about the good old days, Dean Richie the superscoop didn’t ask anything about current Manly or recruitment.

Crusher interview was only about the good old days, Dean Richie the superscoop didn’t ask anything about current Manly or recruitment.
The “journalists “ are just morons would never think to ask about his current role as a recruiter for Manly,hopeless

Zorba said on sky this morning, Elliot out, Funa to Fullback and Tafua recalled. Jake to prop and Wadell to lock.
Jake to prop and Duck to lock I can understand. Just not sure where we use Guaca though with 80 minute backrowers. Does Thommo get pushed into middle rotation at lock and Guac play some minutes on left edge ?

Jake to prop and Duck to lock I can understand. Just not sure where we use Guaca though with 80 minute backrowers. Does Thommo get pushed into middle rotation at lock and Guac play some minutes on left edge ?
Thought you could only change 19 for late injury with no one in 19 to cover to get exemption. Miski is in 19 so how does Jorge get a run. Brendon must be injured in last couple of days but strange Jorge allowed in

I like Jake to prop and Waddell to lock. I reckon Waddell is a better lock than prop and Des had a fascination using him as a prop. Team looks better balanced this way. A massive slap in the face to Hoppa but maybe if he wasn't so impatient he just may have got a late call up this week.

Thought you could only change 19 for late injury with no one in 19 to cover to get exemption. Miski is in 19 so how does Jorge get a run. Brendon must be injured in last couple of days.but strange Jorge allowed in
Does that not make the Hoppa loan to Warriors decision all the more curious Sue old girl ?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2