PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Knights v Manly [Round 14, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You realise Parker has been knocked out 2-3 times just this season yet is back this week?
I can remember 2 - one against raiders when he tripped and the last one (can’t remember the third but I haven’t watched every game). Obviously any concussion is of concern, but ultimately we don’t know the results of the post concussion testing that was done and how long symptoms presented.

From my perspective, if Marty is not playing in a must win game 9 days after the event (and rule him out prior to game day), that suggests to me they care about player welfare. As they should.

I am hoping we don't get pinned on our line with kick returns from Mitchell and Green, Jorge has his shortcomings but he was the only back 3 making strong runs on those first few tackles. Last time he was out for a coupe of games we missed those returns.
Good luck to Funa though hope he continues and improves as he goes.
It’ll be interesting to see how the left side defends because Jorge does have his shortcomings,but the defensive side of it has more to do with how they defend than Jorge misreading.The centre defends closer to the centre of the field than the touch line

It’ll be interesting to see how the left side defends because Jorge does have his shortcomings,but the defensive side of it has more to do with how they defend than Jorge misreading.The centre defends closer to the centre of the field than the touch line
Agreed and it also comes back to Elliot as well, I do not think he talks to the line which compounds teh problem whether Jorge or Funa is there, and has an uncanny ability to slip when trying to provide cover of he is there at all. I like Funa but when he last subbed for Jorge, defense and kick diffusion was very poor between him and Elliot.

A week off is minimum for someone that has been knocked out/concussed once in his career,not someone that goes to Disneyland a few times every year just from the slightest of slaps to the melon

Thank you Dr. Nordburg.

Although, I can't really disagree with you. I mean, the one he copped 2 weeks ago wouldn't have hurt a fly, yet Parker got KO'd from it. Its a worrying sign that he's getting concussed so easily and it shows to me that no way should he ever be considered for a move to the forwards.

Last edited:
Des including both Funa & Miski in the 18-21 gave me an idea he was going to spell Horhay this week.

How do you spell "Horhay"?

J-O-R-G-E.

No Marty. The pillowseka starting and pudding next to him.. klemmer is going to feast on them and leave them boneless!
Ponga v future immortal Brendan Elliot..
Im predicting we will get 1 repeat set and they will force about 5 between green, pearce and ponga. After last week there will be some gusto but like always it wont last. Knights 13+ unless it rains. Then Knights 20+
And yes i have no hope in the side selected

With AFB and Paseka out why in the hell are we running with only 3 props? Is he gonna play Olakau-atu in the middle? I think he would definitely handle it

I really don’t want to see Funa again, he is ****.

much prefer to see Miski who was great on the wing last year.

this whole year is so sad.

NYEagle
Funa is ok, better than Slowfua the slow. Miski is too small they will bomb him all day long. Agree though this year has been **** house. Football and the real world. #****2020

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4