PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Knights v Manly [Round 14, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So I guess we'll save him for 2025 I guess. He wont get experience until he plays. Its like having a top quality pair of running shoes, but you wont use them in case they wear out.

:rolleyes: not saying that. I'm just saying there are obviously reasons they aren't being picked. Reasons we don't know about.

The reason is that Des thinks they are not ready for first grade.There are no training issues or off field behaviour issues. Our approach is different to most other sides. I don’t agree with it , mainly because the guys in front of them aren’t up to it and we need to give them experience or another season will go by simply being uisance value ,but that is the approach the club is taking and we have to live with it.

Shuster and Metcalfe won’t be playing this year while we are mathematically a chance( and probably not at all ) and Hoppa is a rough hope.

The season depends on those doing the job now plus some returning stars. Will it be enough ? Highly unlikely in my books but we live in hope.
Newcastle in the dry will kill us off this weekend I’d say then the pressure really ratchets up.
Tommy won’t be risked early so there is a chance we may have seen the last of him if we are out of it.

Last edited:
I know we all want to see the next crop of youngsters but reality is Hoppa hasn't played 1st grade and is coming back from 2 Acls. Schuster also no 1st grade and Metcalf also coming back from acl and no 1st grade. I don't like it. I'd love to see them get a go but Des and the staff aren't prepared to risk them at this stage. BUT they've got this Sunday to justify the players who've been kept in otherwise this place is going to go nuclear.

And can we please stop with the “one win out of the eight “stuff. We are a basically 100 f/a points behind Sharks and Bunnies as well. We are two wins out of the eight for all intents and purposes.
Not sure if people realize it but If they both win which is extremely likely and we lose our season is 100 percent over. Three wins behind with six to play including Storm.People are talking as if we have a great chance of making the eight. We are extreme outsiders. A win is essential or it’s in all likelihood it’s Mad Monday come early this weekend.

I’m sure Des will be treating it like a grand final.

Last edited:
And can we please stop with the “one win out of the eight “stuff. We are a basically 100 f/a points behind Sharks and Bunnies as well. We are two wins out of the eight for all intents and purposes.
Not sure if people realize it but If they both win which is extremely likely and we lose our season is 100 percent over. Three wins behind with six to play including Storm.People are talking as if we have a great chance of making the eight. We are extreme outsiders. A win is essential or it’s in all likelihood it’s Mad Monday come early this weekend.

all true, but the counter-intuitive manly side will likely win against all the good teams now, having failed against the **** teams.

The reason is that Des thinks they are not ready for first grade.There are no training issues or off field behaviour issues. Our approach is different to most other sides. I don’t agree with it , mainly because the guys in front of them aren’t up to it and we need to give them experience or another season will go by simply being uisance value ,but that is the approach the club is taking and we have to live with it.

Shuster and Metcalfe won’t be playing this year while we are mathematically a chance( and probably not at all ) and Hoppa is a rough hope.

The season depends on those doing the job now plus some returning stars. Will it be enough ? Highly unlikely in my books but we live in hope.
Newcastle in the dry will kill us off this weekend I’d say then the pressure really ratchets up.
Tommy won’t be risked early so there is a chance we may have seen the last of him if we are out of it.
Great.
So when does the cricket season start?

I want to be optimistic but with the rabble that gets served up week in and week out. Makes this another flogging and the end of our season. I hope I'm wrong and we come out and ambush the Knight's. Turbo should be rested for the rest of the season. No point bringing him back early just to see him limp off after 5 minutes.

:rolleyes: not saying that. I'm just saying there are obviously reasons they aren't being picked. Reasons we don't know about.

I hope those reasons are justified. Certainly we aren't in the loop of behind the scenes decision making, so every thing we say is conjectural

Henrie Pereneum senior match official ... merde!

url9 (2019_07_20 23_30_09 UTC).jpg

I hope those reasons are justified. Certainly we aren't in the loop of behind the scenes decision making, so every thing we say is conjectural
There is no conjecture Bear. They are fit . They are available. I know they are highly regarded by the club and train like that.
Des is not picking them because he does not want them playing in the side at this stage. There are no ducks and drakes.

There is no conjecture Bear. They are fit . They are available. I know they are highly regarded by the club.
Des is not picking them because he does not want them playing in the side at this stage. There are no ducks and drakes.

My conjectural statement was in relation to our lack of knowledge regarding behind the scenes decision making. There are multiple variable comments coming from these forums regarding the reasons Schuster and Hopoate aren't there in the side. There is no doubt that Des is not choosing to select them, though I take it he came close with Hopoate against Newcastle it seems. Its not the fact of him not selecting that is the issue. Its the reasons such action is being made. And that is where the question of conjecture comes in. The 'why isnt he'.

You almost wish "too late Tommy" could come back early. Oh well, by the time he does it will be as his name suggests - too late.

I'm glad Manly are on a 9 day turnaround. I'm still bitter after the Warriors loss but maybe Manly will get over it and play well.

Up to them, I'm just a bitch with wings now,

NYEagle

My conjectural statement was in relation to our lack of knowledge regarding behind the scenes decision making. There are multiple variable comments coming from these forums regarding the reasons Schuster and Hopoate aren't there in the side. There is no doubt that Des is not choosing to select them, though I take it he came close with Hopoate against Newcastle it seems. Its not the fact of him not selecting that is the issue. Its the reasons such action is being made. And that is where the question of conjecture comes in. The 'why isnt he'.
What I’m saying is there are no reasons behind it other than they are not in Dessies best side right now. There are no issues either with them, their training or their fitness. It’s simply that they are not being selected.

So why are they in our top 30 & not the development squad? In the 30 means suitable to play 1st grade.....that’s what confuses me?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4