PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Knights v Manly [Round 14, 2020]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
People tend to forget that don't they. We all call for players like Hopoate to be given a go, but the reality is that he hasn't even played a game in what, well over 12 months? And in the 12 months before that he'd only played a handful of games, both times because he did his ACL. And at no time has he even played a game of senior football. I think at best he played a couple of games in the U/20s.

Its easy for us to sit here and say give these kids a go, but it must be remembered that through no fault of theirs or the clubs, they have hardly played a game this year and in some cases longer. Des is going with known quantities which when it comes down to it I can't really blame him for. If players like Hopoate, Schuster, Metcalf etc were all playing NSW Cup right now then maybe they would have got a run in first grade by now. But circumstances are a bit different this year because of the pandemic.

One thing also to remember ... Des kinda got burned by playing youngsters when he was at the Dogs. Kids like Michael Lichaa who were touted as having big futures, just like the likes of Hopoate and Schuster, turned out to be flops. Good in the juniors, not so good in first grade. So maybe Des is a bit gun shy about bringing these kids on too soon. I mean, not everyone is a Brett Stewart or Tom Trbojevic. For every one of them there are scores who were thought would make it big, but never even got close.
hear what you're saying but I feel Funa & Guac should be starting.

I can’t imagine a young player who’s dream it is too play 1st grade not putting in. Yes always a possibility but not putting in would be stupid then & against why they’re playing the sport. I’m not privy to training sessions & who’s performing & who’s not but hey most other clubs youngsters are getting a go due to injury & players form....& guess what many have become stars!
True enough! I do wish we’d take a punt occasionally, but there is the big hurdle about no lower or younger grades playing. I’d hazard a guess that the young guys have been told they’re unlikely to play for us, or any team, until they can get a few games under their respective belts, and not be chucked in the deep end in a struggling side when experienced (but lesser) players are available. Cust and Olakau’atu both had a crack in NSW Cup last year, and they’re getting a Look-in. Captain Sensible (AKA Des) will be managing them and their expectations behind the scenes I’m sure.

I hate the words “ true supporter” but if you are a true football fan you have to learn to take the good , the bad and the downright ugly.
Word. I’ll watch any game right to the bitter end, even if we are down by 40 - just in the hope of seeing a glimmer of promise, or a new player make a small mark on the game. All teams go through hard times occasionally, even champion sides like us. Gotta take it on the chin. CRaig Field days, anyone?

Disappointing to see some not renewing membership because of a team list...it’s been only three rounds since we beat Parra who were first at the time, and two since our last win. I know the past couple of weeks have been embarrassing the amount of points conceded but I really don’t see why you’d cancel your membership over it? Broncos fans would do anything to be where we are right now lol

Disappointing to see some not renewing membership because of a team list...it’s been only three rounds since we beat Parra who were first at the time, and two since our last win. I know the past couple of weeks have been embarrassing the amount of points conceded but I really don’t see why you’d cancel your membership over it? Broncos fans would do anything to be where we are right now lol
They say things Ella but in the light of day it’s like an addiction , you keep going back !!

Emotions are high Ella, people will get over it. A win this week will change that. As I said earlier we are in 9th spot one win frm the 8 (maybe 2 with our awful f/a). There have been much darker times for this club that’s for sure. I think we will win on Sunday and surprise a few.

Emotions are high Ella, people will get over it. A win this week will change that. As I said earlier we are in 9th spot one win frm the 8 (maybe 2 with our awful f/a). There have been much darker times for this club that’s for sure. I think we will win on Sunday and surprise a few.

I remember what it was like on here after we got smashed by Parra the week before the finals last year. Then we beat Cronulla against the odds and it turned into a big hypocritical circle jerk on here.

Manly fans are a cracker of a fan base sometimes

I remember what it was like on here after we got smashed by Parra the week before the finals last year. Then we beat Cronulla against the odds and it turned into a big hypocritical circle jerk on here.

Manly fans are a cracker of a fan base sometimes

Let’s hope we put on a v Cronulla 2019 finals performance this weekend!

hear what you're saying but I feel Funa & Guac should be starting.

That I won't argue with. But at the same time they have played this year where Hopoate hasn't and Schuster only played a couple of NSW Cup games for Blacktown (I think) before that season was shut down. Training is one thing, but they would be short of any match fitness.

Word. I’ll watch any game right to the bitter end, even if we are down by 40 - just in the hope of seeing a glimmer of promise, or a new player make a small mark on the game. All teams go through hard times occasionally, even champion sides like us. Gotta take it on the chin. CRaig Field days, anyone?
Mate I'll be watching the game just placed a bet winning margin 30+ at $9

That I won't argue with. But at the same time they have played this year where Hopoate hasn't and Schuster only played a couple of NSW Cup games for Blacktown (I think) before that season was shut down. Training is one thing, but they would be short of any match fitness.

So I guess we'll save him for 2025 I guess. He wont get experience until he plays. Its like having a top quality pair of running shoes, but you wont use them in case they wear out.

Im at a point where gameplans to attack certain edges, big kick and chase ect are not on thr agenda.
Its simple for this week imo - compete - compete hard....find something more by adding 5% extra in every play for the 80 minutes and there will be a chance to snatch an unlikely win and resuscitate the 2020 season

Blacktown Sea Eagles only played one game, got smashed 44-30 by Mounties.
Our side featured Metcalf at fullback, Miski, Funa, Jade Anderson, Cust, Saddler, Docker-Clay, Sipley, Izzard, Titmus.
No Schuster. Our star was Brendan Elliott with 3 tries!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4