PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Hasn't been that injury prone???
He got the staggers in our trial after taking his first hit-up.
In fact if he played for the Roosters (which obviously he wouldn't because he's not a test star) he'd probably be stood down for 3 months.
Sorry , did n 't see the trial , only a few highlights , but has got through the i st two games this season relatively unscathed and the end part of last season seemed O K for him injury wise . At least he is a competitor and will always have a dig .

Ok, I wasn't aware of that. I still don't know if throwing an 18 year old is the right choice. If Des thought he was even close to ready he'd be playing fullback at Blacktown and not playing in a kids comp.
I understand; however, do you honestly believe, that either Tuipulotu or Koula will be worse than Garrick?

Also, what message does it send if a player who was poor all of last year and again has started the way he has in these first two games; keeps his spot?

That trial was one game and Tui wouldn't have played for ages given no reserve grade last year, so I wouldn't label him definitely not a winger on one game.

I understand; however, do you honestly believe, that either Tuipulotu or Koula will be worse than Garrick?

Also, what message does it send if a player who was poor all of last year and again has started the way he has in these first two games; keeps his spot?

That trial was one game and Tui wouldn't have played for ages given no reserve grade last year, so I wouldn't label him definitely not a winger on one game.
Tuipulotu over Garrick for sure. He killed it on the wing against the Storm. I know he didn't have a good game in the trial, but he's signed for four years and offers way more upside than Garrick.

Haven’t seen the dragons play. Are they any good? Do we have any hope?

Only saw some highlights but Dragons seemed to be playing with a lot of confidence . As is obvious , need D C E and Foz to step up and give some necessary direction and especially give the outside backs some decent opportunities . If they stay relatively starved of the ball , can hardly expect them to be troubling the opposition and scoring points . Our attack outside of our Halves would be probably the worst or one of the worst in the comp by lack of decent set up play and service and opportunities . You could probably do a better job getting the back line going better and providing a lot more opportunities then the way things are going at present . .

I'm a Foran fan ,but it's apparent he is playing injured .I agree with Ryan ,He was playing harder for Dogs in the games I saw last year.
I think he was playing harder because that was his team. He is new here and coming off an injury those 2 games were the 1st he'd played in months. Looked better than our 1.3 million dollar half. What's Foran on anyway??

That or he was playing hard for a new contract... if he wants another year he will step up. Only time we look good is when foran was controlling things.. then dce gets it and its headless chook stuff

I think he was playing harder because that was his team. He is new here and coming off an injury those 2 games were the 1st he'd played in months. Looked better than our 1.3 million dollar half. What's Foran on anyway??

That or he was playing hard for a new contract... if he wants another year he will step up. Only time we look good is when foran was controlling things.. then dce gets it and its headless chook stuff
Trust me ,I'm not pumpin the tyres up on Chez's trike.

Hopefully Desmond goes this way

Harper or funa
Saab
Walker
Suli
Garrick
Foran
Dce
Paseka
Croker
Marty
Schuster
Gowieski
Jake

Cust
Keppie
Aloiai
Sipley
Des won't drop Parker. Said how well he played. Think Suli might be the one to go with Walker in the centres and Funa or Harper at the back.
How long is Boyle out for?

Toss a coin - it's legitimate 50/50 game....
The problem is, even when Manly had the golden era 2007 - 2013, Illawarra always had the wood on us and often a bogey side....then again most sides are bogey's these day's.....

The fact that this thread was even created is a sad indictment or our season and where our club is at. Just think back four weeks and the hope that we all had for a reasonable season ...... and look where we are ..... same as last year (if not worse than last year) .... injuries, **** defence, boring attack, no decent replacements...

The fact that this thread was even created is a sad indictment or our season and where our club is at. Just think back four weeks and the hope that we all had for a reasonable season ...... and look where we are ..... same as last year (if not worse than last year) .... injuries, **** defence, boring attack, no decent replacements...
The consolation is that it is only round 3 and the night is still young feathered friend

For what it’s worth , it was always going to be hard to beat 2 of the competition favourites in our first 2 games even if we had a fully fit team.
Dragons away has always been bad for us , so 0 and 3 is certainly on the cards.
After watching the first 2 games and bearing in mind who is available and that there must be changes, would go with the following for Week 3 ( but I know Des won’t) -
Harper, Saab, Walker, Suli, Funa, Schuster, Foran, Jake., Aloia, Keppie, Paseka, DCE and Tapau
Bench - Sipley, Cust, Parker and Gojetski
A lot of positional changes but doing the same old thing will get you the same old results which currently is - getting thrashed.
This is a very physical pack and will suit conditions which will most likely be wet again.
Croker and Garrick would not even make a NSW Cup team , but for some reason Des will pick them and we will be smashed again !!!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10