PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
We have the worst centre pairing in the comp by far
I am not going argue with you BUT our real problem is that we have the worst spine in the NRL. (Based on current form and the fact that we have a reserve grade standard half as our hooker, an out of form centre as our fullback, and our halves look like they have never played together before .........)

Just to keep the ball rolling, as well as Parker and Suli’s lovely stats,I think Garrick scored two tries in the whole season last year.

Watching Olam , Fox, Toto , Staines, Creighton tonight -their power and speed is the blueprint of the modern game -it really does show what a farce our backline is. The fact that Des sees it as remotely adequate week after week is just bewildering.

You can throw in our backrowers as well. Ours are just so damn ordinary in comparison to the beasts out there tonight.Those Panther boys in particular are scary.

And our answer apparently after a couple of injuries is to throw Parker , who will otherwise get smashed anyway by their outside backs next week,into the FORWARDS against those giants! Fisher Harris Kikau Capewell Yeow and co. Yeah right.Des won’t do it thank god.

Long way to go to dig ourselves out of this.

Honestly , years.

Not sure how many but a long long time and I’m convinced we won’t succeed again with the current set up from top to bottom.

We had Destructive Dominant Back line players who Devoured the opposition
and Glorified our Legendary club
Of all the glorious and talented players who have represented our club, I still have a soft spot for the wonderful Russel Gartner. I was fortunate to watch Garts play a few games as a kid, including a great semi-final replay win over Parra at the SCG in 1978 if I recall correctly.

Of all the glorious and talented players who have represented our club, I still have a soft spot for the wonderful Russel Gartner. I was fortunate to watch Garts play a few games as a kid, including a great semi-final replay win over Parra at the SCG in 1978 if I recall correctly.
RG had Killer Speed . He was Lethal

they obviously miss Cleary however their attack has been pretty average and haven’t looked like scoring.
They must be missing the attack coach from last season who received so many plaudits for their success. Fair dinkum, old Baz has a dynamite PR team. He'd want to be paying them plenty.

He beat Peter Sterling - who was playing fullback (!) in an amazing 60 to 70 metre run to the line. One of my best Manly memories.

I am tipping the Dragons, but honestly, this 17 is good enough to win this game. The Dragons forward pack is trash. If we execute inside 20m (which is a huge if) we will win this game. For large parts of the game against the Bunnies, we were winning the arm wrestle, we just need to step up and convert it to points tonight.

I am tipping the Dragons, but honestly, this 17 is good enough to win this game. The Dragons forward pack is trash. If we execute inside 20m (which is a huge if) we will win this game. For large parts of the game against the Bunnies, we were winning the arm wrestle, we just need to step up and convert it to points tonight.
Under Des, our forwards often win in the middle for long periods. The forwards aren't usually the problem. Everywhere else is the issue.

Honestly , years.

Not sure how many but a long long time and I’m convinced we won’t succeed again with the current set up from top to bottom.
Yep. It's deflating isn't it?
I thought the club was on the right track when it started playing matches in Christchurch and trying to form a link with the talent of NZ's South Island. I could see this working, and picking up some new supporters in the South Island which would help our Bozo's demeanour. But then nothing happened. The good early work done has been wasted.
It seems some of our 'smart' operators thought linking with Blacktown was a better option. Do we really expect residents in the Penrith region will forego their west-Sydney allegiances and support Manly? Will we recruit any players from this area except those that have been discarded by Penrith?
Can anyone tell me why the club dropped its pathway with Christchurch?

Exactly. I thought we outplayed bunnies last week for a lot of the game but just lacked polish and composure. If Chez can even have a "decent" game then we are a big chance. I've tipped us for the upset.
Cust back in is a big inclusion aswell.
Remember we didn't really trial any of our big guns where most teams had 2 trials, it was always gonna take a couple weeks to get up and going.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12