PRE-GAME DISCUSSION: Dragons v Manly [Round 3, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
In all 22 visits to the Gong since 1982, Manly have won 7 games plus 2 drawn.

In Gong games Manly vs the joint venture franchise (1999 + 2003 onwards) there have been 9 games.

In these 9 games Manly has won once which was 2003 with a 38-12 result.

Notably remembered for a try bound Hoppa running to the try line backwards and also for a slap.

92df05fc08c6b30b0d002c379c17c01adbfe7392

Stats Rugby League Tables / Manly / All Games
I've been to the gong the last 5 times Manly have have played there and have been utterly disappointed. With the squad that's been announced and Des's reluctance to change anything that tradition will continue tomorrow night unfortunately.

Manly are no hope at the Gong. Can't remember last win there.

All I know is given both teams are likely wooden spoon candidates. Whoever wins get the 2 points and that's 2 points their opponent doesn't get. This game is a 4 point turnaround.

Hopefully DCE finds some Maroons form for the Maroon and Whites.
Speaking of the QLD Maroon spirit/ form

Last Season on paper the NSW team were far more superior and were expected by all the punters to make a clean strike 3 sweep of the series

Their coach Bennet lifted and inspired the QLD patched up team to win the series

We all look up to Des to do the same and lift our players this Friday

Speaking of the QLD Maroon spirit/ form

Last Season on paper the NSW team were far more superior and were expected by all the punters to make a clean strike 3 sweep of the series

Their coach Bennet lifted and inspired the QLD patched up team to win the series

We all look up to Des to do the same and lift our players this Friday

Bozo I liked your passionate posts until you started talking about Qld

Yep - that is not a good stat
Just to keep the ball rolling, as well as Parker and Suli’s lovely stats,I think Garrick scored two tries in the whole season last year.

Watching Olam , Fox, Toto , Staines, Creighton tonight -their power and speed is the blueprint of the modern game -it really does show what a farce our backline is. The fact that Des sees it as remotely adequate week after week is just bewildering.

You can throw in our backrowers as well. Ours are just so damn ordinary in comparison to the beasts out there tonight.Those Panther boys in particular are scary.

And our answer apparently after a couple of injuries is to throw Parker , who will otherwise get smashed anyway by their outside backs next week,into the FORWARDS against those giants! Fisher Harris Kikau Capewell Yeow and co. Yeah right.Des won’t do it thank god.

Long way to go to dig ourselves out of this.

Last edited:
Just to keep the ball rolling, as well as Parker and Suli’s lovely stats,I think Garrick scored two tries in the whole season last year.

Watching Olam , Fox, Toto , Staines, Creighton tonight -their power and speed is the blueprint of the modern game -it really does show what a farce our backline is. The fact that Des sees it as remotely adequate week after week is just bewildering.

You can throw in our backrowers as well. Ours are just so damn ordinary in comparison to the beasts out there tonight.Long way to go to dig ourselves out of this.
Nothing like watching an exciting backline

You can throw in our backrowers as well. Ours are just so damn ordinary in comparison to the beasts out there tonight.Long way to go to dig ourselves out of this.
Completely agree our backline is 3rd grade

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10