Postcards from BROOKIE.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
yellowriverwide_oli_2020298_lrg_v2_320x240.jpeg
Not 100% sure about of COE.

If Any of you diehards at the game can post a couple of photos from the ground this arvo ... I am sure a lot of us out of towners would appreciate views of the new brookie and playing surface.

Cheers
As technically challenged as I am, here's one of many photos I took tonight from the Lyons-Menzies Stand. Have to say, apart from the new stand the first conspicuous change was the superb new playing surface. It was stunning and so green it looked (almost) like it was artificial grass. In view of the recent weather, credit where credit's due! The hill, in comparison, looked like a quagmire.
The other photo is of the Bob Fulton Stand opening at half time.
PXL_20220327_080857228[1].jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20220327_081206826[1].jpg
    PXL_20220327_081206826[1].jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 49
I arrived early to get a good seat in the new stand. (Is it just me or do others find it ironic that you go to a stand to sit down?) We were kept at the gate 7-8 minutes later than the scheduled opening. When we asked an official why there was a delay one wag intoned :"They are just following the lead of our First Grade team -- always slow to start!"
And didn't that prove true. Our first few minutes of play was shambolic.
Anyway, the positives about the stand:
1. Very impressive.
2. Seats are comfortable
3. Toilets are are welcomed improvement from the ones that service the Hill
4. The roof kept us dry (a hearty congratulations to those on the Hill who braved the rain)
5. The video screen is clear and magical

the negatives (purely my opinion):
1. I've grown up watching matches from side on and I'm not sure I like watching it from one end. It's good when the action is close and the players are running towards you, but...
2. The lighting down the southern end of the ground is so poor you have to watch the screen to get a clear view of the action and an appreciation of how close the players are to the tryline.
3. It may be just me but I'm frustrated by how many spectators are more interested in food and drink than watching the match. I lost count of the number of times I had people squirming past me to get to and from their seats. It was very distracting, and something that is less noticeable when I'm watching from the Hill.

A query: The Manly Jersey Flegg team ran out from the COE. Will this happen in future with the First Grade team?

Thought the ground looked fantastic, seriously looked almost artificial, they did an excellent job. Sat in the new stand for a change, and it's everything it needs to be - angled upwards just enough that your view isn't blocked if you get a tall bloke in front, but also keeps the suburban-ground feel that I for one appreciate, not soulless with the likes of ANZ/Allianz at similar attendance figures. Would be perfectly happy if eventually, as has been rumoured in perpetuity, we get a similar design the whole way around the Oval, doesn't need to be anything like a Bank west, we just don't draw the same crowds, and likely never will operating off of a smaller catchment like the beaches.

Thought the ground looked fantastic, seriously looked almost artificial, they did an excellent job. Sat in the new stand for a change, and it's everything it needs to be - angled upwards just enough that your view isn't blocked if you get a tall bloke in front, but also keeps the suburban-ground feel that I for one appreciate, not soulless with the likes of ANZ/Allianz at similar attendance figures. Would be perfectly happy if eventually, as has been rumoured in perpetuity, we get a similar design the whole way around the Oval, doesn't need to be anything like a Bank west, we just don't draw the same crowds, and likely never will operating off of a smaller catchment like the beaches.
Ironically, Brookvale’s record attendance came against Parramatta back in 1986 - 27,655. Higher than any attendance at the Squeels’ previously gifted stadium, a paltry 27,243 set in the same year (Parramatta Stadium’s first) against Souths.

I sat in the new Bob Fulton stand after I got the tip off that was open to everyone yesterday. It’s never going to be as good a view as side on but it was comfortable and the rake is steep enough you aren’t obstructed by tall people sitting in front.
Food and beverage at the burger bar was terrible, slow service, pies not warm and burgers not cooked properly. My stomach is still paying the price today!!

I sat in the new Bob Fulton stand after I got the tip off that was open to everyone yesterday. It’s never going to be as good a view as side on but it was comfortable and the rake is steep enough you aren’t obstructed by tall people sitting in front.
Food and beverage at the burger bar was terrible, slow service, pies not warm and burgers not cooked properly. My stomach is still paying the price today!!

The telly said the crowd was 13,000 .. they may not have expected that many fans would turn up in the rain.

Not enough staff or defrosted pies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8