Post Ratings?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi All,

I have lost track of the post ratings that everyone wanted added. I am going to look at these over the coming days as well as increasing the size of the buttons :)

upload_2016-2-4_8-39-12.jpeg

U talk sh1t

Whoah, that's much easier to see. All this time I thought the "winner" button was a medal, it's actually a trophy now that I can see properly.

Whoah, that's much easier to see. All this time I thought the "winner" button was a medal, it's actually a trophy now that I can see properly.
It was a medal, I just couldn't find one 24 * 24px :) so I switched to the trophy as it represents the same thing just at a better size. How do they look on mobile?

Ok I will start looking to add new ones over the next few days these sizes should now be better and we should have less inadvertent incorrect presses

Bigger !! They take up two lines now and a fair chunk of the post, but definitely easier to use
I may have to work on adjustments to get the right size. I may take them down to 20px with 2px spacing will just have to see how this sits for a day or two

Ok I will start looking to add new ones over the next few days these sizes should now be better and we should have less inadvertent incorrect presses

Yes.....because it's so much easier to give you extra work as opposed to many posters having to work out you can change the rating!!!!!!111111oneoneoneoneone1111!!!!!!!

edit: I do get it....just when people type 'oh oops I meant to press this not not that one....and don't change it...because...tek-nol-oh gee and reasons

• 🤝
Reactions: Dan
Labelling the poster (rather than the post) risks a less friendly tone. The ironstine rating labels the poster. The "troll" may be the single useful poster rating?

Also there is a tradeoff between number of icons and icon size for a given space. And we want to increase icon size without wasting space for those of us with fat fingers. So maybe rationalise some?

Maybe:
* Merge yarttastic into like
* Ironstine becomes dreaming (a bit less hostile)
* Optimistic becomes dreaming
* Merge agree into like and disagree into dislike
* Merge useful/creative into useful

Base icons then become:
Dislike
Funny
Winner
Informative
Friendly
Useful
Dreaming
Dummy spit
Troll

Another thought looking at this, maybe informative & useful could be merged.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6