Post Match Analysis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
castle eagle said:
the speed of the play the ball was a huge advantage for the rabbids.
when we tackled them most of the time we had 2 players involved & they got a quick play the ball.
when they tackled us it was done with 3 or 4 defenders which allowed them to control the speed with which we could play the ball. also their wrestling was much better, not often were manly players tackled on their stomach, they had to turn over before getting up.
that only changed in the last 15 - 20 minutes when we were allowed quick play the balls & although souffs had switched off a little, the difference in our our attack was obvious.

You are right, but it is also why NRL league is rubbish to watch. Games can be lost inside the first 10 minutes if your opposition has all the momentum. There's no contest and no way to fight back in a game. If you get behind and try to slow down the opposition the referees will penalise.

The game is stuffed as a contest imo.

Brissie Kid said:
castle eagle said:
when we tackled them most of the time we had 2 players involved & they got a quick play the ball.
when they tackled us it was done with 3 or 4 defenders which allowed them to control the speed with which we could play the ball. also their wrestling was much better, not often were manly players tackled on their stomach, they had to turn over before getting up.
that only changed in the last 15 - 20 minutes when we were allowed quick play the balls & although souffs had switched off a little, the difference in our our attack was obvious.

You are right, but it is also why NRL league is rubbish to watch. Games can be lost inside the first 10 minutes if your opposition has all the momentum. There's no contest and no way to fight back in a game. If you get behind and try to slow down the opposition the referees will penalise.

Yep the ruck is ****ing ridiculous!!!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Brissie Kid said:
castle eagle said:

Yep the ruck is ... ridiculous!!!!
We did not deserve or earn the right for a quick play the ball or dominate in defence to slow it down.

At the game it felt like the old Northern Eagles and going back to being Manly days lol, gaps everywhere falling off tackles.

Made me feel young again--- a pity I was analysing the game in the best seat at the SFS though.

The first 60 minutes of last night's game was as bad as I can recall seeing Manly play since I started supporting the club in 1982. It even out did how bad we were in the 2012 Prelim Final loss to the scum.

And I am not sure how much stock can be taken from the last 20 considering that the Vermin had switched off by then.

Yes we are missing our first, second and third choice hookers to injury. Its a similar story at lock as our first and second choices are also out through injury. And while that does have a major bearing on things, the biggest problem is our attitude. Joey said in Nein's pre-game that at training this week we looked sharper and more focused than we have in weeks. Where was that last night though?

I still believe we can win the premiership this year.....but to state the bleedin' obvious its going to take a major turn around in form and attitude to do it.

Yes agree there's still life BUT based on what we have seen, and who we will probably lose it's more than a big ask, so just being realistic !!

HoldenV8 said:
The first 60 minutes of last night's game was as bad as I can recall seeing Manly play since I started supporting the club in 1982.
I can recall Manly playing worse plenty of times but I can't recall the last time we were dominated that badly. Souths were simply amazing.

(Doesn't mean they will win their next match though)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4