Post-Game Discussion Post-Game Discussion - Titans V Manly [Round 7, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Titans
Vs
Sea Eagles
30 Cbus Super Stadium
20 Apr 2024 17:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Nevertheless, they’ve been gifted an additional 2 points.

To be honest I don’t even know why they do it , bye , no points , a fairer system.
The system is 100% fair as all teams receive the same amount of byes and the same amount of points for them. Whether we give 2 points per bye, zero, or 100… it all evens out in the end.

The issue is skewing the table throughout the season until the end (which is what you’re probably alluding to). I tend to agree with you and would prefer zero points awarded for them personally, but it won’t stop the skewed table throughout the season.

Foran proving he’s better than DCE for the 1000th time.
Any club that sells their better halfback & keep the worst one, and then grotesquely overpay the worse halve, which imbalances your team to make them uncompetitive… is destined for failure.

Liked our final 15min when the gsme was well and truely on the line, we defenfed well controlled the game and with no errors. Good thing to start with against the Slime next Friday night.
If we can get that online defence working, then we could actually start winning some games purely off the back of our D.

Any club that sells their better halfback & keep the worst one, and then grotesquely overpay the worse halve, which imbalances your team to make them uncompetitive… is destined for failure.
I love Foran but he’s past his best. He’s played his entire career since leaving Manly at underperforming clubs. He’s got no long kicking game and has never closed out a game with a field goal. He’s also lost most of his acceleration which was a key asset in his first stint at Manly.

DCE is better in all those areas and has been recognised by Qld and Australian selectors as one of the top halves in the game.

If we can get that online defence working, then we could actually start winning some games purely off the back of our D.
Agree dh, the way we defended our 4pt lead in the last 15m was our "draw a line in the sand" moment, they will not pass. Don't you find, the way you finish your last game has an impact on the way you start your next game.

He still played on a losing team. In his second coming at manly he wasn’t the answer, only performing well in a handful of games. He lacks the factor to take a team to top 4. I see him as a solid mid-tier 6 (not a 7).

DCE’s best is at least twice as good as Foran’s best.

Watching the replay and the highlights what stood out was Garrick's defence. 3 tries scored from either poor reads or soft first contact. Not sure what is going on there however fix that and the scoreline would have been a lot more comfortable. Also as some have said turbo doesn't jump for bombs anymore (must be related to his ongoing hamstring issues). Eels will target these areas and as we saw first game they like to offload. These will be the key areas to control.

He still played on a losing team. In his second coming at manly he wasn’t the answer, only performing well in a handful of games. He lacks the factor to take a team to top 4. I see him as a solid mid-tier 6 (not a 7).

Agreed. Foran is a better ball player at the line than DCE, in every other area DCE is better than Foran.

This wasn't true back when Foran left us for the first time, back then he was a top shelf half.

Think that you might have some considerable disagreement on the value of Foz "s 2 nd stint with Manly and as the 6 . A bit down on the speed and elusive level but pretty effective in the other important areas ,
Even on the weekend , has not really lost much of his good direction in attack and set up ability .
Shame again that the D C E - Foz halves combo could not have continued longer in the i st stanza but guess also who was to say if some of Foz 's on going injury issues would have occurred similarly at Manly from say 2016 onwards .
At least things did settle down a bit for Foz in recent seasons
No question however , better to have retained D C E over time despite some reservations about his high pay grade and performance related on a not irregular basis

Watching the replay and the highlights what stood out was Garrick's defence. 3 tries scored from either poor reads or soft first contact. Not sure what is going on there however fix that and the scoreline would have been a lot more comfortable. Also as some have said turbo doesn't jump for bombs anymore (must be related to his ongoing hamstring issues). Eels will target these areas and as we saw first game they like to offload. These will be the key areas to control.
Has been good enough defence in the centres with Garrick when there is a bit less pressure reading the defence but on his side of the ruck ,also seems to be a particular problem with nominating which players to commit to and to try and shut down the attack .
Be very surprised if there is some condition in his contract to only exclusively play as a centre , maybe to be given some serious consideration there but an assured position .
Would be surely unprecedented if was the case
Still seems appealing with the prospect of giving him { Garrick ] that opportunity to kick clear of defences and one of his strengths is still being a really good open field runner and always a true competitor .
Just those now not infrequent tackling lapses and if targeted relentlessly and still can not adjust , obviously is going to create problems .
Talau has been now consistently going quite well on a wing and may be a logical switch with Garrick to the centres if things don 't change or improve in the tackling department for Garrick

I love Foran but he’s past his best. He’s played his entire career since leaving Manly at underperforming clubs. He’s got no long kicking game and has never closed out a game with a field goal. He’s also lost most of his acceleration which was a key asset in his first stint at Manly.

DCE is better in all those areas and has been recognised by Qld and Australian selectors as one of the top halves in the game.
Love Foz, but these days Foz is having every third game off through injury or busted up and can't complete a game.

IMG_6745.jpeg

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8