Positive vibes up Manly way - Haig

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
This is the latest offering by Haig who has a sportsnews website

Positive vibes up Manly way - Haig on MSE
http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/message-board-detail.asp?mbid=2837&s=0

To be honest I needed a bucket while reading it. But it's a worthy piece of work still.

What do you chaps think?

it glosses over the situation totally and is full of sugar and sweetener.

There are lots of positives out of 2005 but if we overlook the deficiencies we fool ourselves.

The article lost credibility when it mentioned Rep Players and put King and Matai in the same sentence. Whilst he is a good young talent Bullet is hardly rep class yet either!

Sounds all nice and comfortable. Pity the real situation with the club is far from it as there will always be factions and in fighting in a football club.

Does anyone know if the club provides a cash flow forecast to members on how it is going to fund itself for the next 12 months? How about what is happening with junior development?

it is good to look at the positives every now and then instead of focusing on the negatives all the time.

Sounds all nice and comfortable. Pity the real situation with the club is far from it as there will always be factions and in fighting in a football club.

Does anyone know if the club provides a cash flow forecast to members on how it is going to fund itself for the next 12 months? How about what is happening with junior development?
I am not sure where we stand as far as companies go. We are not publically listed so I don't think we have to make a public statement of our financial situation etc. It would be fascinating to know the streams of revenue against what we paying players, expenses etc. To see 2005 against the previous years would also be fascinating.

A ethics based quuestion for all - should haig declare his hand as the site admin? For the person who stumbles accross the post they would have no idea that he is the one who is the admin....

Haig is not sire admin - Aaron is.

I would say that is Haig's audition for a more pemanent gig with MSE.

Whilst I agree with Byso that a bucket would come in handy, in fairness the official club web-site is hardly going to post a "matabele" special bagging the crap out of the place.

I can't think of one corporation that would do that.

On balalnce, whilst it's nauseatingly positive, at least it is a step in the right direction with regard to getting some original content on MSE that will draw a crowd.

would the club allow the article to point out all the things wrong within the organisation and have it posted on the official website, if you think they should well :stupid:

it would be like the company I work for posting a update under the news section on our website which highlights all our flaws and internal problems. it is not going to happen, they are going to focus on the positives within the organisation. as they should!!!

Whilst I agree with Byso that a bucket would come in handy, in fairness the official club web-site is hardly going to post a \"matabele\" special bagging the crap out of the place.

And you wonder why they neglected your offer.........

Todd may be having a dig but sadly I am sure he is close to the money. No way particular personalities at our club would sanction certain posters on this site who say what they think, rather than what they would like to hear.

Haig's article, whilst basically factual, is a spin on the 'True Supporter" debate that a few prominent and hardened supporters have used over the years on the club forum to deflect any perceived critical analysis of Manly and its operation. It seems very much intended for that audience and will have those few 'dinosaurs' clapping their hands :clap: and have some congratulating themselves that it is just how they think and feel.

That is:

to be a proper supporter of Manly you must:

a) never say bad things about any of the players (leave that to the bad and horrible media who hate us). They all try very hard.

b)must never question any management decision (cause they bleed for Manly so they must be right)

c) must never get upset, even after record losses substandard play and pathetic performance (as we lucky to have a club and if you don't like it go and find another team.)

It finishes with the old chestnut: "Why don't you support the team? - your negative talk doesn't support." despite the fact that the very people making the "often constructive' criticism go to games week by week, buy the merchandise and have followed Manly since Noah slipped on the ramp of the Ark.

It's the ability to stop holes being created on the ship before they happen that would lead to success, and continuation of the ship. We aren't supposed to be a marooned vessel lamenting in the water. We are supposed to be a speed boat, with trained mechanics always looking for ways to improve the engine, and get an edge over its rivals.

In my opinion, this write up was in a way asking the fans to accept and celebrate mediocrity.

By only determining one's faults, can one fix those faults, and ensure that misdirection does not occur going forward.

Like the movie "Meet The Fockers" - Gaylords parents have a shrine dedicated to him with all his 8th & 9th place ribbons. Going on what was written in this piece by Haig, maybe he is asking for us to do the same with Manly?

Mata - my post was more about the 'possible' view of some in the club rather than about you. It wouldn't surprise me though.

Just to read a couple of the responses on MSE is pretty interesting - 'it almost made me cry' etc

To use Ryan's boat metaphor I just hope we aren't driving a tinny with a 25hp motor on unleaded, thinking that we have secured the JetCat.

[quote author=Matabele]
Whilst I agree with Byso that a bucket would come in handy, in fairness the official club web-site is hardly going to post a \"matabele\" special bagging the crap out of the place.

And you wonder why they neglected your offer.........
[/quote]

How funny.....Todd Haig was the main driving force behind our proposal.

Matabele, Haig and myself worked on it and haig was positioning himself as the content director of the site. You would probably be interested to know that Haig, matabele and myself often converse on such matters.

The irony in your statement will probably be lost on you, but it si funny

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4