Poorly Prepared and underdone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
A shining example of a Rookie coach bringing his team into round one versus what a seasoned pro like Des brought last night.

The Dogs were fitter, better prepared and better drilled than us.

I don't know what the club was thinking putting basically a new team together and playing the A team for one trial against Ipswich.

My concern is not for what we put on the field last night, but he fact that we are weeks if not months behind a team like the Dogs in preparation.

Probably the best thing that could have happened last night.

The hard part is I don't see a quick fix. That team will struggle to beat anyone, in the first month, such is the lack of cohesion. I struggled to see any structures, or game plan, it looked like an unorganized rabble. I do think the coaches inexperience has been made visable. But you don't win the comp in the first month. But you can go some way towards not making finals.

The Dogs own us. Can't remember the last time we beat them.
Mid 2014 we beat them at Brookie and DCE had a blinder. They have beaten us 5 times in a row since then. Since des went there in 2012 they have absolutely dominated us. Something like 10-3 from my calcs.

That's what can happen when you rip out the coaching and support staff from one club, to bolster your own.

It's a passing phase.

Credit where it's due, that dog outfit was in pretty good shape last night. They look as if they've worked hard in the off season and dropped a mountain of weight. I bet the eels fans were fuming that Hoppa seems to be back to his old self. LOL!

I like to find solace wherever I can. Suck it Parra!!!

Credit where it's due, that dog outfit was in pretty good shape last night. They look as if they've worked hard in the off season and dropped a mountain of weight. I bet the eels fans were fuming that Hoppa seems to be back to his old self. LOL!

Way to find the positive mate :)

To be fair mozgrame, Manly were mentally prepared last night. It was inspirational to read in the offseason about how much Cherry relishes his new role, and the mateship he has with Myles, not to mention how much of a "natural five eighth" Dyland Walker is and how excited Brett Stewart is about this season and the happy new faces. Oh and lets not forget how positive the Manly players are about Trent Barrett and how he treats them like men and wants to keep the Manly culture.
I was so impressed and excited about this I was writing tickets for Manly to win 50-0!

I was doubly let down last night. I too was expecting a win after getting a little caught up in the preseason hype, and on top of that, Aunt Flow turned up yesterday afternoon and the Mrs dropped that bombshell on me just before kick off. Bad omen. Should have known I was in for a hard night. lol

To be fair mozgrame, Manly were mentally prepared last night. It was inspirational to read in the offseason about how much Cherry relishes his new role, and the mateship he has with Myles, not to mention how much of a "natural five eighth" Dyland Walker is and how excited Brett Stewart is about this season and the happy new faces. Oh and lets not forget how positive the Manly players are about Trent Barrett and how he treats them like men and wants to keep the Manly culture.
I was so impressed and excited about this I was writing tickets for Manly to win 50-0!

I did warn you all some time ago about the " charm offensive", well didn't it work a treat..........until about 830pm last night when it came crumbling down.

I was doubly let down last night. I too was expecting a win after getting a little caught up in the preseason hype, and on top of that, Aunt Flow turned up yesterday afternoon and the Mrs dropped that bombshell on me just before kick off. Bad omen. Should have known I was in for a hard night. lol
Bloody Aunt Flow...she's a pain

Well the money was on a Manly win so a lot of people blew some cash last night!
We have good players but I now accept it will take some time for them to become a good team.
Personally, I don't blame the coach for not achieving that instantly.

Hoppa truly showed how detrimental the Dalai is to talent - he played like he used to at Brookie :)

I believe that this huge loss is just what the Franchise needed.
Throwing money at new facilities, staff and players and the media blitz about the Sponsorship $$$, has taken focus off the actual business - playing in the strongest rugby league competition in the world @:cool:

Boz & Baz can now put the players back onto basic drills and drop the media hype of how much they can lift or how fast they can run, when there isn't a 109kg guy in their way :wondering:

Hopefully the Players' egos have been popped and they respond on the field ASAP :)

That was zorba writing fluff peices again.

Wonder what crap he will write this weeK?

Blame the reduced interchange rule? Brookvale oval? The hobo for stealing the game plan? Warringah council?

Imo that evil word rebuild is amongst us.
Credit to traitor and his dogs done well, hoppa with a coach who has a idea para do ruin careers.
I Went to game what a train wreck.
The hype talk up and wow what a gutless display. If we make 8 then I be happy.
The recruits
Api - slow service and crap, Dylan - not a 6 but Jamie untouchable, parcel - more game time, brown - a pointless signing no better than horo, green - crap, lussick - went okay put in 2nd row.
That performance unmanly needs to improve.

I did warn everyone about the " charm offensive" , remember my friends overhearing that conversation between TB & ZtH!!

The offensive ended about 830pm last night, but no doubt ZtH will find something glowing to say in this weeks Manly Daily.

It is hard though with trials, wasn't half the forum blowing up about Brett Stewart even playing in that trial game?
Good point. If you dont play trials you can't get match fit and build combinations. Last night 4 or 5 players didn't even play a trial and dce only half a game. Manly were scheduled to play the roosters but then they went to club challenge and we were given the jets to play.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4