Poor little Storm boys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
www.foxsports.com.au

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy has expressed disappointment about his players being treated like lepers by away fans, saying they deserve better.

Storm players were under attack last Friday night from a vocal band of Parramatta supporters who branded them cheats following the exposure of their club's salary cap rorting.

Some called for the visitors to hand over the NRL premiership trophy to the Eels, who they beat in last year's grand final.

While Melbourne players said after Friday's 24-10 loss they weren't upset by the taunts, Bellamy was determined to stick up for his men.

"Our guys are a bit frustrated from what we copped from the crowd as soon as we got there but we can't control what the crowd do,'' he told radio station SEN.

"The players felt a little bit unloved at times, we are treated like lepers at most of our away games.''

Investigators from Deloitte, employed by the NRL to audit the club and unravel the extent of the salary cap scandal, have allegedly found that Storm skipper Cameron Smith had three contracts, while other players also had multiple deals.

There are also claims some Melbourne players almost certainly knew that some of their payments came from third parties in ways that would not be counted towards the salary cap.

Players, including Smith, and officials are refusing to comment until the investigation is complete, with the matter also before the courts.

Storm chairman Rob Moodie and the club's three other independent directors have taken legal action against the NRL, claiming the league's chief executive David Gallop broke NRL rules and denied the Storm due process in stripping premierships and points.

The matter will return to the Victorian Supreme Court for a further directions hearing on Wednesday.

Bellamy said he felt his players deserved better from away fans, but conceded it was a situation that they would have to accept.

"At the end of day everybody left at our club are good people and we probably don't deserve that,'' he said.

"But we can't control what the crowd do, they pay their money and they can go along and do what they like.

"We have to get used to that because we're obviously going to cop more of it.''

The Storm have won four or their six matches since they were ruled ineligible to win points this season and Bellamy said they would continue to be a force regardless of the lack of reward.

I am just waiting for the document that shows Bellamy knew, or even better was involved with, the multiple contracts and the players duplicity of this fraud on the RL community. I guess it is hard to go out and be abused each week but hey, you get what ye sow.

Well,what did he expect..sympathy? Fair dinkum,remember all the others that have copped it over the years..dogs,us,easts,souths...piss off with the whining,'fess up and cop your lumps.

[img=400x267]http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/2009+NRL+Grand+Final+Eels+v+Storm+hLs2CGXKfkJl.jpg[/img]

Respect? Even his players hate him, fancy tipping urine on your coach.....

"The players felt a little bit unloved at times, we are treated like lepers at most of our away games.''

Oh no, poor diddums - hand out the tissues.

They had no idea that the opposition fans didn't like them. The poor Melbourne Storm have never been subjected to taunts when playing away games before the scandal.

::)

Wish I could live under the mass delusion that everyone loved me all of the time LOL

ConcernedSupporter link said:
\"The players felt a little bit unloved at times, we are treated like lepers at most of our away games.''

Oh no, poor diddums - hand out the tissues.

They had no idea that the opposition fans didn't like them. The poor Melbourne Storm have never been subjected to taunts when playing away games before the scandal.

::)

Wish I could live under the mass delusion that everyone loved me all of the time LOL

I love you concerned.  Have done your years.

By the way how is little Jon boy jnr?

The Storm players & coach need to take a dose of cement and harden the F**k up.  Manly has been copping **** from opposition fans for 30 to 40 years and you don't see them having a whinge.

Fro link said:
and we didnt cheat

Agreed but there are a lot out there who think that we did by buying players from other clubs to help us win.  The funny thing is that now everyone does it but Manly still get branded with "trying to buy a premiership" still when we buy players.

Jethro I suspect most people forget why they boo Manly or else they just do it because they have been brought up that way and don't actually know why!

As for Storm, they are going to be villains from this point onwards. A smart move for them would be to dump Smith Slater Inglis and Bellamy and try to make a fresh start with a new image. Cronk is the only one of their top guns who would not automtically generate hostility from opposing fans.

On the other hand, maybe from a marketing viewpoint being the villain might have some advantages! The players can't complain, and certainly Bellamy shouldn't complain, what does he expect?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6