Pool tables at the leagues club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eelcatcher

Reserve Grader
G'day all,

Its been a while since I've been in the leagues club (not since we beat warriors at Brookie earlier this season). I'm wanting to take some mates over to play a game of pool and I enver noticed this when I was at the league club. But are there any pool tables at the club, if so how much does it cost to play a game?

Not 100% certain but I was told by someone who went to the club recently that the pool tables are no longer at the leagues club since Penn took over the whole of the first floor of the club.

I think that the old pool room is now a meeting room?

Walk in, past the fish tank (horrid looking thing !) straight ahead, up the stairs and continue on...they are there - red ones.

$3 bucks a pop.

I got turfed one night coz I beat a bloke who hadn't sunk one ball, so he dropped his drawers, did a lap of the table like your supposed to, an bammo.

Actually, maybe that was me who dropped the drawers. I forget???

kingyfan link said:
Not 100% certain but I was told by someone who went to the club recently that the pool tables are no longer at the leagues club since Penn took over the whole of the first floor of the club.

Bugger, I'm going to call tommorow to confirm that. 3$ a game sounds average though.

eelcatcher link said:
[quote author=kingyfan link=topic=186010.msg307152#msg307152 date=1290504168]

Bugger, I'm going to call tommorow to confirm that. 3$ a game sounds average though.
[/quote]

Plus youve gotta bring your own balls :)

Blame Graham Lowe for this debacle. Would never have happened on Grant Mayer's watch

Nah it was all Max,trying to MAXimise time on the tables
Thank god our lord and saviour has gone *Obvious sarcasm is obvious*

Well on the weekend, I saw a pool table that had a massive set of balls, bigger than mine, so I just kept walking.

The club is a dive with moron coconut headed bouncers .I was there on the grand final night and got turfed for being intoxicated,all because I was having fun talking to people in the smoking area.Had a bloke say"you have had enough to drink", then stood behind me for two hours.I had consumed four beers and was nowhere near pissed.As for the layout and decor....The bistro is the worst around(enough room for the lucky few who can get a seat) and overpriced.the upstairs tab/sports bar looks like something out of the 1970`s complete with lame deflated football in a disply case.

You can have it...Im off to a club that at least gives a **** about its members and does not have the patients running the asylum..oh and the only employees that smile are the ones hoping for a tip.FAIL.

Rambofan link said:
The club is a dive with moron coconut headed bouncers .I was there on the grand final night and got turfed for being intoxicated,all because I was having fun talking to people in the smoking area.Had a bloke say\"you have had enough to drink\", then stood behind me for two hours.I had consumed four beers and was nowhere near pissed.As for the layout and decor....The bistro is the worst around(enough room for the lucky few who can get a seat) and overpriced.the upstairs tab/sports bar looks like something out of the 1970`s complete with lame deflated football in a disply case.

You can have it...Im off to a club that at least gives a s**t about its members and does not have the patients running the asylum..oh and the only employees that smile are the ones hoping for a tip.FAIL.

Myself and a few others can sympathise with you on the bouncer issue.Several of us have been "red carded".Some of it has been warranted,but mostly they're looking for something to do,I think.Ask JonesyV2 about it.He was turfed and was quite OK.Standing around with some supporters having a few beers.Thought that's what a footy club was for!

You guys must be obnoxious drunks. The club is good, it has pool tables, my young kids are welcome there, the bistro is ok and ordering the roast of the day won't disappoint. Go to a restaurant if you want gourmet, let's face it, it is a club, and it is no better or worse than most. Ps kids love the fishtank, and the display of merchandise is cool, and the premiership cup was displayed well in 2009, close enough to touch it.

Shoe1,

You must not get out much.Note,Forster servicemens,Panthers,batemens Bay RSL.Now these clubs have decent decor and facilities.The old girl at Brookie looks VERY tired and the staff very emotional.The merchandise "Glass cabinet" is pathetic at best.Take a look at some of the other clubs around and you will see what I mean.And by all means ,compare the food and the attitude of staff.I love the club,but despise the clubhouse.

Enjoy.

I've found the League's club to be a very poorly opererated club during my visits.
Don't expect to be able to play a game of pool to late Eelcatcher,as the sports bar closes early,the lights turned off and the patrons hearded towards the poker machine area...

The bistro food leaves alot to be desired..

The attitude of some staff is pathetic.These sad employee's have as much personality as the empty schooner glasses they're paid to collect...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4