[Resurrected] Poll: Would you support a Full Time Move to Rat Park?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Would you support a Full Time Move to Rat Park?

• Yes

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • No

Votes: 39 70.9%

• Total voters

ManlyArmy

Bencher
After yesterdays trial, I would support a full time move to Rat Park. Plenty of room out there for a world-class stadium and a big carpark. In my own opinion it would be a good move if the Brookie Upgrade doesn't get the council approval

With the beach quite close to the ground, it's a new draw card that could be used, along with targeting new supporters in the St Ives area.

The area at Rat Park could easily hold a 30,000 seat stadium and a 2-3,000 space carpark. The L90 stops basically right out the front as well and it doesn't seem that there would be massive traffic jams like the ones you can get near Brookie.

Last edited:
A big no!. Limited public transport. Too far away from fans outside of the northern beaches, Traffic hassles one road in and out. If the club is not able to re-build Brooky we need to look at different options that allow the club to show their brand beyond our local areas.

Yes, purely on the basis of the away team travel -remember Todd Lowrie's dummy spit last season about having to travel all that way to Brookie.... No on every other facet, and it's way to far for the pre and post match beers at the Sands or MV Hotel...

I want to stay at Brookvale as much as anyone. But if the council knocks back the upgrades, the only two choices are the Penns find another $20M+ to buy Brookie and then upgrade it with more funds. Or sell the land and build another Ground on the Beaches

Would prefer all games played at the SFS, people say that we will lose support going to the SFS but we have seen in the big games Manly supporters will attend the SFS in big numbers.

Same at Brookie people pick the big games to attend in numbers the same will happen at the SFS along with broaden the appeal to attend games from supporters outside the hard to get to district----membership package variation and opportunities are also an advantage.

One road in one road out in incorrect for Rat Park because you can come from the west via Mona Vale Road and anywhere else via Spit/Wakehurt Parkway or Warringgah Road/WHPW.

There is plenty of ground out here to make Rat Park something special but I don't think you'd make locals happy ripping up the kids AFL park and baseball diamonds for that. If it incorporated the Pirates now... My one year old almost copped a ball in the head yesterday!

The only way more Manly fans would travel to the SFS would be a direct train line from the beaches to the SFS.
I recall a poll during the late 90's when Manly were considering a joint venture with Nth Sydney that showed there was a 60/40 split in relation to local supporters and people who have travelled to attend games at Brookie.

In a way Manly is more a class team that smarter individuals from all areas in Sydney gravitate to as their chosen team to differentiate themselves from the boring masses.

I know Manly supporters who have never attended Brookie due to the location who live in Sydney and watch Manly at other grounds.

One of the worst things you can do to a football club is strip it of it's rightful home; our culture, our history, and our memories are part of the greater whole. Take a look at our win/loss record at Brookvale; it's a genuine home ground advantage. Opposition teams hate playing there, and our guys love it! I don't care if I have to watch the game knee deep in horse **** if it means we win on our very own sacred soil!

I want to stay at Brookvale as much as anyone. But if the council knocks back the upgrades, the only two choices are the Penns find another $20M+ to buy Brookie and then upgrade it with more funds. Or sell the land and build another Ground on the Beaches

No way will the council be able to sell the ground,as it was donated to the council on the basis that it is used as a park of somehat.
Even if the coucil was able to sell the ground, there is no way the Penns would be pouring something like $70+ million to buy and develope and only get around $500,000 a year return.

I live in the West too it'd make no difference in travel time. If they built a new stadium there I'd happily go. I think it'd be easier to start again than to rebuild brookvale unless they knock it down and rebuild it from scratch, even then traffic, locals etc are still going to be an issue.

Would prefer all games played at the SFS, people say that we will lose support going to the SFS but we have seen in the big games Manly supporters will attend the SFS in big numbers.

Same at Brookie people pick the big games to attend in numbers the same will happen at the SFS along with broaden the appeal to attend games from supporters outside the hard to get to district----membership package variation and opportunities are also an advantage.

True we get about 2/3 at SFS for one off big games compared to brookie but they are finals games, which we essentially sell out brookie and the NRL have already moved.

That would be the best you could ask for as SFS, we would be fodder for the NRL with an average crowd of less than 10 thousand and no local home base.

Best case scenario following a move to the SFS would see us moving to Perth, worst case and most likely is to follow the bears

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4