[poll] Worst manly half back in the last 30 years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who is the worst Half Back in recent manly history

• Ben Walker

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Adam Brown

Votes: 23 39.0%
  • Micheal Moaninghan

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Craig Field

Votes: 32 54.2%

• Total voters
You forgot Jye Mullane.

just like the last wallies who tried a gem like this.

Obviously originality is a bit beyond our northern neighbours :)

Fro Fro Fro, as an avid Mullaniac how could you forget that young Jye was throwing passes into the Jane Try Stand from the 5/8 position rather than half-back? :)

Ben Walker wasn't the greatest half, but he definitely wasn't the worst either.

And he was easily the best goal kicker we've had since Matthew Ridge.

I do remember Manly playing a GF with Craig Field as the half. But then, that was more the players around him than any great influence by him. He did join the reigning premiers.

However, since Field did play in a GF with Manly I went for Brown as our worst. But I agree with others here, there were worse than the 4 in the poll.

Chris Bailey was another. Sure he won the World Chub Challenge with us, but even Mike Stevenson said during that game (or before it actually), we'd have been better off still playing Killer in the halves. Bailey didn't turn out to be one of Des' better recruits.

Fro Fro Fro, as an avid Mullaniac how could you forget that young Jye was throwing passes into the Jane Try Stand from the 5/8 position rather than half-back? :)

wow its back to the future day today, outstanding resurrected thread from the days of yore.

and your point is well made SDS.

he was the gift that kept on giving, and even gave @Canteen Worker his name if memory serves.

Hasn't Craig Field been awarded Manly's worst ever signing on multiple occasions?
Bozo has signed many great players over the years but it must have been a big weekend on the piss when he decided to sign this bloke up.

I thought Ferris was pretty good. He was the only bloke with any ticker in that side.
Im good mates with jason ( snags ) Ferris. He was born in Glen innes my old town, his grandfather bob coached me in my early minor league years .Snagsy was our ball boy and went on to become a school boy star . He went on to play with the might of the Canberra raiders in a star studded side . He mainly was understudy to ricky stuart and played quite a few games when Stuart was injured. Played for the cronulla sharks , Cowboys , Northern Eagles and one year with Manly on our return as a stand alone club . Watching him play for us i cant be to critical because he always gave 100% and got quite a few best on ground awards . He played up here in Tamworth for the N eagles against roosters in a trial match and killed them , the roosters went on to win the comp . Id pick him over any of those halves mentioned in a heart beat. A little bit bias..

Lol mark Tramby told me about this thread.

I'm still around just not into footy enough to get on forums anymore.
Glad this place is still up and running. @Dan has put a lot of hard work in to this page over what would have to be over a decade now.

My only request is could we bring back the I want to root Brett Stewart thread on last time.

Maybe a kinder and more subtle reference would be least appealing half back but if i was to nominate my most disliked half back , it would be Craig Field . When he transferred to the Tigers in the early season stage in 1999 , there were quite a few very pleased Manly supporters up my way , including myself, and i will never forgive him for his vicious and shocking high shot on Jack Elesgood in the mid ninties , as Jack never seemed the same player after that . Personally would definitely not include Monaghan on this list , thought he was a very whole hearted and well performed player and probably was more consistent and had a better kicking game then the OX . Adam Brown and Ben Walker were fair players [ but Ben was lazy ] and both played behind quite average packs , Jason Ferris was competitive but gee , injuries seemed to very adversely affect his career and his playing ability after he started as a real young gun for the Raiders .

Lol mark Tramby told me about this thread.

I'm still around just not into footy enough to get on forums anymore.
Glad this place is still up and running. @Dan has put a lot of hard work in to this page over what would have to be over a decade now.

My only request is could we bring back the I want to root Brett Stewart thread on last time.
i thought you lived the "i want to root brett stewart" lifestyle man!

its been 15 years I think......i have grey hair now, all thanks to Silvertails

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7