[poll] Silvertails Site design, layout. we need your feedback

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What do you think of the site design and Layout?

• Love the whole thing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Like the front page but not the rest of the site

• I only use the forums and love their layout

• I hate the front page

• Overall the design is clunky and disorganised

• I like some parts but hate others (Please specify)

• I dislike the entire design

• Too many ads

• The ads are unobtrusive

• Total voters

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
We need your feedback for this site and its layout. If you could please vote in the poll and offer any comments they would be much appreciated. We want to provide a good quality site for you with a layout that gives you all you need and basically makes you want to keep visiting the site :)

If you have any design ideas or want to have a go at a design also let me know. Over the summer break we will start work on the 07 release of the site

a few votes but no further comments?

come on guys I want to make the site everything it can be for you all

I find the site quite easy to navigate around and easy to use.

The google ads at the top of this thread are a bit big, that would be my only complaint.

too many ad's imo.

between the search bars, the links between posts, the advert threads, the stuff at the top of the page and the stuff on the left.

but i guess it is whatever works

The ads are fairly unobtrusive I feel. But they are a neccesary evil. The site needs to cover costs and the time I put into it. At the moment it doesnt do that which is why there are ads.

I am working on a few new designs that will cut out some of the ads because they will be better positioned

Gday Dan. My feedback is as follows :

1) the 3 column (left middle, right) layout is good.

2) Google ad box above middle column to be either made landscape to fit wholly within that area or maybe a pic placed either side which identifies the left & right columns as being for "football info" and "member info" (see below)

3) Make each of the left and right hand columns be for related information, which are those boxes for particular info. I will simply call them info boxes.

In other words make the left hand side column "Football Info" orientated, by having the topic boxes arranged in descending order a) Season Draw b) NRL ladder c) Silvertails. net articles d) Silvertails Gallery e) Poll. All these topic boxes are directly related to Footy

And then the right hand column could be "Member Info" orientated, by having the topic boxes arranged in descending order : a) Online Info b) Private Message c) Chatbox d) RSS feeds. All these topic boxes are directly related to members.

4) Dont know if this is feasible but you might also consider making the left & right columns different background colours or their banner heading a diff colour to each other. You could then contemplate matching up these colours to the various applicable or related topics in the strip directly below the main site banner. IE, locate (left and right side) and colour those topics: Home, Forum, Silvertails Articles,
Ex Player Profiles, Photo galleries, etc etc to be arranged and coloured according to which category they fit into in either the left and right hand columns. IE Football orientated or member orientated. Hope that makes sense ?

Advertising boxes would of course be placed in and amongst the above according to commercial realities and maybe they have a different coloured banner to differentiate them from the sites standard topic boxes that we all use everyday.

I am a tech dufus but i hope this makes sense and these are suggestions that are workable !pray:

NOTE: i wrote all this while looking at the layout whilst in the forum section

Jatz some good informatin there and suggestions.

I will have to see what else I can come up with

I like it the way it is , but have no objections to improvement. Im a member of a few other boards and they have nothing on this place. :clap:

this is just one of Dans periodic cries for affirmation :)

seriously Dan, it all works for me

no it isnt.

I am in the process of re-designing all of my sites.
Current trends in internet design have gone toward more simplistic designs and layouts. I want to perhaps bring something similar to the site.

eventually mate. But given recent events in my life I think cutting me some slack would be a more appropriate course of action, don't you?

I know mate. just in one of those moods

I know. I will be sweet, it is Drae that is the most upsetting

if you want to read about it go to http://www.brokenheartedproductions.com

Only suggestion I got is to update the banner at the top. Having last years jumpers on with previous sponsors etc is a little old looking.
Besides that , keep up the good work.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4