[poll] Has Corso Pete joined the dark side?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Has Corso Pete joined the dark side?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Matabele

Journey Man
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by media

Snoz - you have a lot of posts but it doesn't mean you are informed.Your sarcastic posts lack authority and respect.The heading is typical of your posts.
And your claim that Steve Matai and Paul Stephenson are off to other clubs is without basis.They may well decide to leave but how can you say Manly haven't made them offers.On what basis do you make such a claim?
As of yesterday there were offers on the table from Manly to BOTH players.That doesn't mean they will stay but if you can't be fair go elsewhere! Please.
I rarely reply to posts like the one you have posted but rather than delete it I have replied this time. - Media

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is not my job to moderate this site and I have a great deal of sympathy for those that do, it must be a thankless job.

But has a passionate Manly fan, football club member, season ticket holder and generally a Manly tragic I am so dissapointed to see this response. Whether the original post was right or wrong, sarcasistic or otherwise Snoz at least deserved a more civilised reply. I have never met Snoz so my comments are not based on any friendship, network or conga line mentality.

Sometimes it just seems to me that the supporters do not receive the respect that they should be entitled to. As a supporter and customer of this club I spend in excess of $1300 each year on season tickets, M&W Membership, ordinary memebership, merchandise and ground entry tickets for my children for when they attend matches. It may not be much in the big scheme of things for our club but I can assure you it is a signifigant proportion of the money that we spend on recreation. I could add air fares, hotel accomodation costs etc when we travel inter & intrastate but that would be unfair as that money doesn't go the club, but for me it is money spent in supporting this club.

I guess what I am trying to say in a rather long winded way is that all supporters deserve respect, we are after all your customers, treat us poorly and we may find other ways to spend those dollars, doesn't mean that we wont watch from the comforts of our loungeroom and still support the team, but our money may just stay in our pockets.

Far be it for me to suggest a response but wouldn't the following just as capably covered the matter. Admin, whatever you think this is only my view, as the rules of the forum indicate constructive posts are welcome, it is only meant to be constructive, nothing more, nothing less.

The facts of the matter are that both Mattai and Stephenson have both received offers from Manly for season 2006. This does not mean they will stay, but we have made the best possible offer to them that we can. I hope this clears up the matter for you.

I have not, will not, ever join the dark side. However that does not mean that I do not have to agree with everything that the club management does. You have obvioulsy not seen my other posts where I have been critical of management, particulary in relation to the increase in costs of season of tickets.

Like many of the Eagle Rockers that you love to hate and be critical of we are not all blinded by the maroon & white rhetoric handed out by management. In this instance I was astounded by the attack on a supporter, I thought it was wrong and I said so. Not all the Rockers are stuck in the conga line.

Ask any political party who the most important voter is and they will all tell you it the swinging or uncommitted voter. They need to earn that vote. Not much point for them to commit time and money to the fools that are committed to one of the major parties & will vote for them regardless of their leader or agenda.

This team & our management will always have to earn my respect. If the team play crap, I will say so, if they management perform crap I will say so.

So if you think that means I am converting to the dark side you are so so wrong, if you do believe you have absolultley no precisence at all.

Thy presciense doth forsake thee too my good fellow.

For 'tis not I that hate the Rockers but them that doth hate me. "tis I that extended the hand of frienship only to be cruelly shunned.

Pete,

"This team & our management will always have to earn my respect. If the team play crap, I will say so, if they management perform crap I will say so."

Thats all the dark side is, sorry to dissapoint but most people here just give an honest, sometimes harsh opinion as stakeholders in this great club.

Never judge a book by its cover, open it up, the first chapter or two may not be to your liking but perserve and you will find a book that whilst you may not totally agree with, you may find a book that simply has an alternate opinion to those that you choose to expunge.

Oh, did I say alternate, how phrophetic.

Pete,

\"This team & our management will always have to earn my respect. If the team play crap, I will say so, if they management perform crap I will say so.\"

Thats all the dark side is, sorry to dissapoint but most people here just give an honest, sometimes harsh opinion as stakeholders in this great club.
Bang on the money there Fluffy. Probably your best post ever! ;)

UP, I'm just hung like a black man. 8D

Pete,

\"This team & our management will always have to earn my respect. If the team play crap, I will say so, if they management perform crap I will say so.\"

I refuse to accept the label. I live in a world of happiness, laughter and sunshine. It is all washed down with maroon & white ferver. But I still have the right to speak my mind. That is not dark, that is democracy.

to be honest the arrogance of "media" has driven me away from MSE for good.

I see oldboy is continuing the two man campaign against silvertails.

Now THERE'S a repetitive and boring routine.

BTW \"democracy\" is a sham.

Clearly the reason you choose to continue to live in this democracy we call home as opposed to the "democracy" available in your homeland courtesy of Robert Mugambe.

Give me a break, I don't care what you description of democracy is but I will take the version we have any day over that offered by that thug,

ps: vote 1 Corso Pete, not a dark invader.

Pete, you're not seriously suggesting that your vote counts are you?

(BTW, I'm an exile so your last post represents something of a low blow)

Why shouldn't my vote count, surely you are not suggesting in the democracy of the Silvertails that any voting or poll would be rigged! I am simply asking other punters to consider my views before lodging their vote. You have however set the poll up as a gerry mander with the way in which you have framed the question, my right of reply is only given after the punters have already lodged their vote.

Apolgies offered for the Zimbabwe reference, however my original point remains in relation to the democracy that we enjoy which you remain dismissive of.

Let's not forget that Fraser was one of the champions of "democracy" for Zimbabwe in the 1970s. The entire country still awaits his apology for his maniacal meddling. Anyway, that's enough about the country of my birth - it's too depressing and distressing.

I refer to Australian democracy when I refer to the vote. Seems as though you have just confirmed my case for me.

My confirmation of your comment was unintentional, but alas your point is well made.

If you were true to democracy you would re word this poll. But that may not suit your agenda, so I will not be holding my breath.

I voted no.

But what is the dark side?

The Rocker? Media? Ppl on this site?

But I like Corso Pete's opinions just like I like Matas opionions (even though you both seem to be wrong a lot (i.e. disagreeing with me = wrong :) ))

I found Corso's comments to Snoz @ the end of the thread quite blunt. Actually, Corso seems to disagree with any of our ideals or methodoligy:-

(Examples)

Mata being a hypocrite;
Hating Ryans YARTS;
Not agreeing with Snoz;
Stand on site hosting;
etc etc.

There seems to be some non descript line that there is factions out there between sites, and for some reason, I feel this is how Corso feels. I think you will find this completely untrue. I find Cliffy, Bernie & all the guys great people to the last, and rather enjoyed our touch footy day that Byso was nice enough to arrange.

Corso, I'm sure your image will not be tarnished by being seen to agree with any of us on a subject mate.

So I can assume you voted NO then Ryan? My defence of the Rockers is bought about by Matebele's continued derogratory comments of my group, I accept that there may be issues with individuals but no more so than what appears on this site. My contention is that as a group the rockers are a great bunch of people, something that you have confirmed.

Ads, the dark side is this forum, don't be drawn in by their views on the Manly world, stand back and resist & fight for the Manly cause, unless you think they (manly) suck then you are free to say so here. (ps thanks for the vote)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4