[poll] From Monas to Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will Manly be a better team with Ballin at hooker in 2008'?

• I'd prefer Heath Lestrange

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • About the same

• Never!

• Maybe after a year under his belt

• I'd prefer Heath Lestrange

• Total voters

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Will Manly be a better side having Ballin take over the hooking roll next season?

Ballin for mine, he's outshone monaghan in every game he's played this season.

Sure, Monaghan has had a great year and been good for us but you don't pick up a MOM in your first 1st grade game for no reason.

Ballin is a superstar in the making and the only criticism of Des this season should be that he's held Ballin back for far too long.

Ballin for mine, he's outshone monaghan in every game he's played this season.

Sure, Monaghan has had a great year and been good for us but you don't pick up a MOM in your first 1st grade game for no reason.

Ballin is a superstar in the making and the only criticism of Des this season should be that he's held Ballin back for far too long.

I agree. I know the 7. Orford and 6. Monaghan combination was tried a couple of times and wasn't highly successful, but surely it was worth pursuing for atleast a bit longer. I mean 5/8 is our biggest problem. We had a great center in Lyon doing nothing at 5/8, Monaghan playing very well at hooker but also comfortable in the halves, and a very classy young hooker in Ballin not even playing 1st grade.

Lyon has no kicking game what so ever, while Ballin is quite a handy kicker out of dummy half, so had this experiment worked, we could have had 3 go to men on the last tackle.

Doesn't matter now though, looks like we are stuck with Lyon at 5/8, lets hope he proves us wrong next year.

I think Ballin will suit us better than Monaghan did. Orford plays best when his forwards do well and he has plenty of room to move around in. Monaghan was a halfback playing hooker and his ball distribution wasn't great, which restricted Orford as he had less time with the ball in hand. Ballin, on the other hand, has great distribution and will constantly have the defence on the back foot if he gets some quick play-the-balls. Our forward pack will dominate with him there next year and Orford and the rest of our backs have enough class to put on points if we get a roll on.

IMO, the main reason Monaghan was more of a success this year at halfback compared to 2005 was the difference in ball he was getting - Ballin compared to Randall and Dunley. If Ballin has an injury free year next year there's no way we can't go all the way.

Hasler's team selections are the problem. Bryant instead of Hall, Lyon at 5/8, an injured Hicks instead of Bani, etc etc.

65% reckon we'll eventually be a better team with Ballin at hooker.

That some big wraps considering Concentric Circle's season.

monas was an individually better player, however he wasnt as fast, smooth or creative team wise coming out of hooker

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6