Poll: Does official forum access affect your membership decision?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Does official forum access affect your membership decision?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
What they have done is dumb PR, especially amongst those who the most avid supporters. In the end, much selliing of this sort of thing comes from the encouragement of those in the community to also belong.

However, it isn't a big issue for me as I have this forum - and it has been like it for a long while.

There are other reasons I'm considering not renewing for the 1st time in a long while. It's sad, but management have me losing passion for the game (not Manly)...plus, all these players going here there and everywhere....

It's just not as exciting as it used to be.

The club used to make you feel like you were part of a community.
The club now make you feel like your a burden.

There is no loyalty from top to bottom.

It's support for the team we love, how many of you remember the Northern Beagles??

So it's my little bit of help to ensure that does not happen again, the forum is a bonus and should not be the main reason people chose to join or not to renew.

Manly is only one of a few NRL clubs that actually have a forum, the rest (Such as Melbourne's Bai Stand) is exactly like Dan's.

As I have said constantly, there's room for both, the official (far more moderated version), and this one where you can say what you want without fear of banning.

Mark from Brisbane link said:
It's support for the team we love, how many of you remember the Northern Beagles??

So it's my little bit of help to ensure that does not happen again, the forum is a bonus and should not be the main reason people chose to join or not to renew.

Manly is only one of a few NRL clubs that actually have a forum, the rest (Such as Melbourne's Bai Stand) is exactly like Dan's.

As I have said constantly, there's room for both, the official (far more moderated version), and this one where you can say what you want without fear of banning.
The reality is that the Manly Web Site is the most visited site in the league, primarily because of that Forum. What the Club Management have yet to grasp is how savagely their visitors numbers will fall after their changes. That will directly impact on the clubs income both in advertising revenue and in merchandise sales.

Ryan link said:
There are other reasons I'm considering not renewing for the 1st time in a long while. It's sad, but management have me losing passion for the game (not Manly)...plus, all these players going here there and everywhere....

It's just not as exciting as it used to be.

The club used to make you feel like you were part of a community.
The club now make you feel like your a burden.

There is no loyalty from top to bottom.

You cannot keep them all.  You are such a drama queen.

Membership supports the team, saves me money and is an important aspect in ensuring that we are able to attract and retain players and support staff.

The forum is an additional benefit and the fact that very few of the thousands of members actually post on the mwse forum would tend to suggest that there are others that are of a similar mindset.

The main benefit to me of the official site is the access to things such as mwtv and event info/bookings

vidmar link said:
Membership supports the team, saves me money and is an important aspect in ensuring that we are able to attract and retain players and support staff.

The forum is an additional benefit and the fact that very few of the thousands of members actually post on the mwse forum would tend to suggest that there are others that are of a similar mindset.

The main benefit to me of the official site is the access to things such as mwtv and event info/bookings
Thousands of members?  How many members are there exactly?  I was under the impression we're struggling to hit 2000.

According mwse ticketed members sits at just over 3000, and all members at about 5000. Still a long way from what other clubs have achieved but the peninsula has always been slack at putting up their hand for joining.

A lot of people have always visited and read the forums both here and on MWSE without ever posting. I am surprised what some people know about Manly just from surfing the forums on the sites.

Exactly right CW, in fact I'd say (over at MWSE) that it might only be 1% or 2% of members that actually post something, so I think the comment that people won't renew because of the forum is a little lame...HOWEVER I do agree 100% that without the forum the website becomes a bit lame itself, it is what drives people to look, even if they don't post.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183429.msg264544#msg264544 date=1275219007]
5000-3000 = 2000 then.
I hope you are not Dan's volunteer bookie. :) Jokes aside, it means we have 5000 members, 3000 who also hold ticketed memberships.
[/quote]  Assuming we accept the semantics that season ticket holders are also "members".  I'd suggest they get the value of their seat, but they're not contributing the $70-120 that you'll get from chumps like me who donate the cash for a cap and a lanyard. 

I have packed the membership packages as a volunteer for years. All ticketed memberships include the full membership entitlements of cap, lanyard etc. Part of the cost of ticketed membership includes being a full member with all the rights and entitlements and this is costed into the package. They are definitely contributing as part of their overall package, even though you don't want to believe it.

ManlyBacker link said:
I have packed the membership packages as a volunteer for years. All ticketed memberships include the full membership entitlements of cap, lanyard etc. Part of the cost of ticketed membership includes being a full member with all the rights and entitlements and this is costed into the package. They are definitely contributing as part of their overall package, even though you don't want to believe it.
  Actually, I'm entirely open to it being demonstrated.  So you're saying the $70-120 has been dumped on top of the normal season ticket package?  I've been vaguely aware of bleating over price rises, maybe the impost of the cap and lanyard charge wasn't adeuately conveyed? 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=183429.msg264606#msg264606 date=1275270474]
  Actually, I'm entirely open to it being demonstrated.  So you're saying the $70-120 has been dumped on top of the normal season ticket package?  I've been vaguely aware of bleating over price rises, maybe the impost of the cap and lanyard charge wasn't adeuately conveyed? 
[/quote]
THe bird of Prey membership is a good example. It gives membership PLUS 2 home games and an away function for $135. The games and function are valued about $85 (games x 2 @ $20 + $45 function) so the membership is about $49. Maroon is $69 for one game ticket (say $20) so membership is $49. It looks reasonably consistent across the board depending on how you value the admission ticket.

ManlyBacker link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=183429.msg264618#msg264618 date=1275272265]
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=183429.msg264606#msg264606 date=1275270474]
[/quote]
THe bird of Prey membership is a good example. It gives membership PLUS 2 home games and an away function for $135. The games and function are valued about $85 (games x 2 @ $20 + $45 function) so the membership is about $49. Maroon is $69 for one game ticket (say $20) so membership is $49. It looks reasonably consistent across the board depending on how you value the admission ticket.
[/quote] Bird of PRey is a recent addission, arguably it came about because of the memberships, and it is for out of twon people.  I want to know if Joe Blow who sits in Jane Try stand, and has done for 30 years, is paying $69 for a cap to be included in "membership" data.  Wheel?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4