[poll] Do you click our adverts? some market research

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Do you click our adverts?

• yes - everywhere on the site

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes - on the front and news pages

• yes - in the full news posts

• yes - on the forum pages

• No

• Total voters

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all,

You may have noticed some changes I have made with advertising and placement.

I am trying to increase revenue ont eh site to see if I can break even rather than just pouring cash into the site.

Essentially i want to identify whether you click on adverts on this site or not. Also whether you notice where they are and why or why not you do or dont click on them.

Please help me improve this so we have some more money to put towards advertising and making the site better for you.

So let me know, vote in the poll and leave a post!

whomever voted no. would you care to leave a comment?

I would like to know what would make you want to click the links more etc?

cool. Is there anything that would interest you more, or any specifics that you can give me that you usually click on?

I clicked No as the google adds are blocked and some of the others (like the gambling sites) by the company I work for. Not sure why the google adds would be blocked though.

yeah that google ad blocking is a bit weird if you ask me, sometimes there is great content in them. I can not click them as I will get banned as a publisher if I did

I clicked NO... i never click on any banners.

I have clicked on that byronimages to have a look at byso's photo's but not really anything else. If it caught my interest i would click on it

I have had a good look too Byron, even voting for some of them. Great stuff.

As for the banner ads I just about never click. You had earlier ones for eagle statues which I did go and look at and I used to do it to give you revenue but I must have got lazy. What do I want to click on them? - about 10c a looksee :)

I only really lurk around the forums on the site and occasionally I click on something that interests me. There was one today that was offering $10 to do a survey - I clicked through but then had to take a phone call so didn't read it much.

thanks for the feedback. I would like to get an idea of what might interest each of you. money making adverts etc or things like the statues that MB mentioned. Any more feedback as to what you may click on would be great.

Cheers
Daniel

I clicked on one a while back that was for RL merchandise and it took me to a site in the UK with prices in UKP. I just clicked on one for vanns.com advertising plasma tvs and it is based in the US in USD. Somehow you need the ads to be aussie based to make them useful unless it is one-off stuff available nowhere else.

Yeha I wish I could find some purely Aussie stuff to put in there but unfortunately it all tends to be US products.

I will continue my search though

I clicked on the sportsbet one yesterday as I wanted to start an account and get the free bet etc that was offered a month or soback but I needed to enter a promo code I think so I didnt get any further.

I often click on the links as I assume it helps the site with advertising. I assume the company can track when someone does click on a link.

You dont need to put in the code to get the free offer they track the link so if you sign up you will get the freebie bet. If not let me know and I will let them know and get it all fixed up

Cheers.

Just as well I didnt on Saturday anyways as I was going to a put a Multi on the Hurricanes/Broncos/Liverpool. I would have missed out on Liverpool as it went to extra time.

I have had a good look too Byron, even voting for some of them. Great stuff.

As for the banner ads I just about never click. You had earlier ones for eagle statues which I did go and look at and I used to do it to give you revenue but I must have got lazy. What do I want to click on them? - about 10c a looksee :)

Cheers MB, glad you like the site, I hope its easy enough to navigate around the galleries. I will add some more soon.

Dan, I like the merchandising sites I saw a good one earlier. I'm surprised Rebel sport or Peter Wynn score wouldn't want to have adds here.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4