[poll] Biggest liability in 2005 team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Which player is the biggest liability in the 2005 team?

• Scott Donald

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Paul Stephenson

• Terry Hill

• Scott Donald

• Michael Witt

• Michael Monaghan

• Jason King

• Chad Randall

• Sam Harris

• Other

• Total voters
Mata, so if it says for example Manly made 273 tackles to which King made 24 of those, they only really made 262 tackles, cause the others were Kings 2nd and 3rd man flops?

Vegas, I'm not here to put a positve spin on King. Atm, I'l like Hecks to come back asap and leave Bryant in there for Kings spot until he finds some form. That's all I need to say about him......i don;t get anything out of attacking him

You have the stats, and you may be right, where was he in taking the ball up - but you won't give me possession stats cause it's too hard to do in "milliseconds"? I'll have a look this weekend and give them to you in approx minutes champ.

i am far from upset, i just cant believe a guy is hopeless every week and people accept it,however i am coming to learn the majority of sea eagles fans not only accept mediocrity, but embrace it.i would still like an explanation for the hitup figure by the way,not having a crack at u i would just like someone to give a \"positive\" spin on that.

Where have I accepted it or embraced it. Your veering off the point, that is constructive criticism is fine. Whining like a sook on a keyboard attacking a player and calling people who don't think like you "herds" tells me all i need to know about you. When you have no idea, you start getting personal to back up your debate.

Considering I'm on my own here in this current debate, I don't see no herd.

look maybe your right,he may at 25 become a great front rower but at the end of the day we have been paying this guy a lot of money for nothing,money that could be better spent.but i have my opinion and rarely do players come from the clouds at 25 to be good.so lets leave it at that and see if king can make 4 hitups this week, obviously depending on posession flows because it couldnt be his fault.

pretty much agree, I thought a few years ago he would kick on, but he and Randall probably haven't kicked on to show what us supporters wanted to see.

When is he contracted to? Unless he finds something next year, you'd think he may be the next player not re-signed.

There is no doubt he can play well, and I'm not sure how he "apparently" got all out of proportion, but I hope he finds something next year.

If not......

when has clearly stating the obvious (which is he is terrible at the moment) become whining like a sook dude. in your life have u not bagged a player somewhere,surely someone has riled u enough thru poor performance.i called u herds because a lot of people agree with u (which is their right) but i dont, i will defend my right to call this guy a hoax.

constructive criticism from a coachs point of view is very important, i wouldnt think any coach would speak of king the way i do but at the end of it i am a punter talking some ****e with fellow eagles on a website.

Barks - you have argued your point well. All may have to agree to disagree. King has disappointed me this year tho there may be reasons why his play is poor (as he is injured, doesn't train and refuses to rest.) I have it on good authority that Paul Bloomfield wants to rest King but he continues to play.

As you are judged by what happens on the field King is not playing up to NRL standard.

Add to this that King himself called for 8 Manly players to be picked in Rep sides (probably including himself, that he played for City, that Gould and others rate him highly, that he has been called the next big thing and that high expectations have accompanied him, it all adds up to the fact that he is grossly underperforming.

He has become a cult 'anti-hero' here but not without cause. It does not look as if he is having a dig. I note that even on the sanitised MSE forums that numerous threads pertaining to the lack of form of our King are also prevalent!!

If he is injured he should rest, especially as all our props are fit again and there is no crisis. I am worried that Webcke and co will walk through him the way average props at every club in the last six weeks have done! :wall: :wall: :wall:

CW i think barks is agreeing about his poor performance but only wants to hear constructive criticism.this is a website for normal punters to talk footy so we dont have to be constructive , we can speak our mind as our opinion has no relevance on the palyers performance.

Constructive criticism is this - King is not up to standard. Period. That's nothing new and most agree with it.

So to be constructive, from a team perspective, he should be dropped until he finds something that resembles form of a first grade standard, or cut.

That would be very constructive from a club point of view.

I think were expected to come out with a training regeme including game day tactics so he can pick up his performance.

Matabele can you get onto that? :)

thats what i am saying , we are a bunch of mates with a common interest talking ****,its irrelevant just entertainment.

when has clearly stating the obvious (which is he is terrible at the moment) become whining like a sook dude. in your life have u not bagged a player somewhere,surely someone has riled u enough thru poor performance.i called u herds because a lot of people agree with u (which is their right) but i dont, i will defend my right to call this guy a hoax.

constructive criticism from a coachs point of view is very important, i wouldnt think any coach would speak of king the way i do but at the end of it i am a punter talking some ****e with fellow eagles on a website.

you prolly just remind me of a mate too much who is the perfect armchair sportsman. He is constantly on Ryles back as one of many examples, and I agree at times he doesn't live up to the hype, but when he starts attacking him, then I stop him and ask him what did he acheive in his 1 year of footy in under 8's - cause while I’ll understand his thoughts on why Ryles isn’t playing well, his attacks on Ryles toughness/heart etc makes me wonder what’s lacking in his life. I’d like to see him simply run down the shop and back and not be absolutely stuffed. It’s easy to knock someone when they are down in form. That's not to say he can't have thoughts on the game, say who's playing well and who is not and so on, but to hear him attacking a 1st grade player who may be having a rough period (in kings case a year - fair enough)), it's something i don't understand. He’s like you, thinking that because a club pays him x amount of dollars, he can go to games and forums and call them hoaxes.

He’d never actually approach Ryles…would he….

I’m not saying King is playing well. King needs to lift, but he can only respond on the field – he has nowhere to hide, like in a crowd of 15 thousand or in a forum under a false name calling him a hoax.

Of course players have pissed me off but I’m glad my work doesn’t have a forum, for fair enough they can discuss my performance, but also believe they have the right to call me a hoax - considering they posted under a name like…..Las Vegas

Canteen Worker – I understand the frustration - I can’t believe Manly are treading a thin line on making the 8 after looking fairly strong without being world beaters! All I hoped this year was to make the 8 and bow out in the 1st week. Anything more than that is a bonus

So are you saying that knowone can critisize a player unless he's played rep or NRL Rugby league?

We are punters who watch endless amounts of footy who know a player who's up to standard when we see one.

You also realise that King is one of those. Who isnt currently up to standard. Are you concerned he's playing ....again this weekend with the apparent "chicken legs" condition.

dont take this the wrong mate but i would find it boring as **** down the boozer with you,players get payed to perform.if they dont even they would expect to be bagged.but lets move on and agree to disagree.they have signed him for an extra 3 yrs so time will tell.however with your current line of thinking 99% of people who hang out with there mates and talk who's good/bad have just had their weekend ruined.

what a classic condition for the casulaty ward..........

no another 3 weeks boys,sorry chicken legs

wonder if we put some honey soy on them he would slide out of a tackle.

King is on a six figure sum to perform for a public franchise. I am a shareholder in the franchise.

I'm allowed to have an opinion, regardless of whether I played NRL or not. I may not have but I played enough high level football to know when a player is being targetted as a weak link.

In the first two sets last Sunday the Cowboys ran their little men straight at King a minimum of 4 times. Don't tell me the coach hadn't instructed them to do that?

And I never said you had to play grade to have an opinion. It's just a way of saying what have you done?
Just the way you can harshly criticise makes me wonder if you could do better. You don't have to drink with me Las Vegas, cause i sure couldn't stand hearing all your baggins of players, while your on your 12th schooner.

You ever seen those types at pubs...........my "do not make eye contact and get sucked into chatting with this guy" alarm starts ringing....

But fair enough, if this is a site that you mates made up for yourselves cause you didn't like the Conga line that was growing at ME, i should accept what is garbage and what may be interesting.
Thankyou all for making my Friday go fast.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4