Poll added - Sea Eagles Everyone in League jersey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

how does this play out?

• the religious 7 ride into the sunset and never play for Manly again

Votes: 12 6.3%
  • the religious 7 are all reinstated next week with no hard feelings

Votes: 132 69.1%
  • Vlandys goes ahead with his Pride Round next year

Votes: 36 18.8%
  • Manly use the Everyone in League jersey forever more

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • one or 2 of the 7 are sacked as ringleaders

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • all or most accept some enlightenment on the issue and will wear the jersey in future

Votes: 27 14.1%
  • Manly never mention Everyone in League again...

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • Several players sek immediate release from Manly

Votes: 23 12.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for these guys. They are and will cop a relentless media bollocking in the next few days that will be quite hateful. They signed up to play footy, not to be pawns in a PR media game.
I know, right? They'll be hated simply for trying to stand up for their right to hate others. The nerve of some people…

And if they signed up to play footy and not be pawns in a PR media game, why aren't they just playing footy instead of choosing (but, but, but… the club FORCED them into it by not consulting them!) to make themselves pawns in a PR game? They have taken the opportunity to express their outage over a ****ing rainbow and made a non-issue into an issue, hurting the club and their teammates in the process.

You would think 7 blokes would be trying to earn a place in finals. Do I understand correctly that instead 7 blokes are so offended by *ing rainbows and the thought of unicorns that they refuse to play. Well * me drunk and call be dusty. Whats this world come too. Sad Sad state of affairs.
F’ckin oath! Footy and the finals should be all they care about and focus on if they have any real passion for the game

Sexual pride in the context of people who are marginalised, with little to no legitimate influence or consideration beyond economic exploitation for something that is not a choice and stigmatized to a level that produces numerous negative impacts to society and the individual, including but not limited to increased antisocial behaviour and increased suicide rates - must just be they're inclined to being unalive because they're gay, not the fact they're treated like **** for it.

Being a psuedo-intellectual pretend coach on an internet forum is nothing to be proud of, yet here you are all these years later pretending to be an authority on anything. I've got to give it to you an as observer TC, you've had a real knack of making some absolute howler comments over the years, with consistency.
So apply your logic to all, even religious pride.

Pride is over-rated and i never once stated i was proud, i am opinionated and state my views that is all.

None of my "howlers" match the level of your last reply, you appear to be more in love with advertising your well rounded vocabulary and education levels in an opportunistic manner.

I have a real issue with some of these blokes from these South Pacific cultures. There parents and grand parents come here to Australia to give them a great life and the opportunities they get to earn good money playing league. They are born in australia which means their Australians their get their opportunity to be professional athletes because they grew up here but then they want to represent another country.

Time to get the fatigue back in to the game and weed out these fakes and bring back the small men like the indigenous fellas and the small kids that leave the game at junior level because of these clowns.
Also poking remarks at the fact they choose to represent their heritage.

Australia has been one of the best Rugby League teams for over 60 years. To make this game a truely “world wide” game there needs to be some challenge to the tier one teams. Good on them for wanting to represent minnow nations. You’re just a goose.

You def must’ve been one of those chubby little under 9 kids that got trampled and mummy decided enough was enough. Pull your head in goose.

If I can stick up for Technical Coach on the pride issue. Pride is seen as a sin in Christian teaching. The old saying "Pride comes before a fall" reflects the view that people shouldn't boast. Pride has probably changed in definition a bit these days. Someone can be a proud Yorta Yorta man or a proud gay man. It reflects comfort in your culture rather than boastfulness. Having said that I find it hard to describe anything to do with who I am as being "proud". Christians boast in the kindness of God shown to an undeserving humanity. I am certainly undeserving. Sermon over.

I am a proud gay man and have loved Manly since I was a kid.

The initiative from the club is a good one, not consulting the playing group is another example of the dysfunction at the head of the club.

We have a season defining game where focus and attention is vital now sidetracked by the players who choose not to play.

We need to be together as a club and respectful of peoples rights and beliefs.

Every year St Kilda and the Sydney swans wear a pride jersey and it's a well respected event. Im disappointed that what should be a positive message is now soured and tainted.

Growing up on the northern beaches in the 80s, I got a taste of feeling excluded as being gay at the time was against the public narrative.

Fortunately we live in a more tolerant world and one of our greatest players , Ian Roberts explains in his book how tough life was back then for a gay kid.

The 7 players who allegedly have decided not to participate in this game due to wearing a jersey to support this initiative, it might be a suggestion to read his book.

Oh well it's a shame that our club again deals with this and splits the playing group at a time when they need to pull together!!

Whatever happens I love this club and the guys who pull on the maroon and white regardless of their skin colour, race, religion or sexuality!

Aren't we all Sea Eagles?

GO MANLY!!
Good on you mate
Yes we are all Sea Eagles
Wish the players showed more unity..I see more unity in the fans. Perhaps most of us have a connection because we grew up around the area or our families did at least.
Must support the whole community, that’s what a team is all about

I know, right? They'll be hated simply for trying to stand up for their right to hate others. The nerve of some people…

And if they signed up to play footy and not be pawns in a PR media game, why aren't they just playing footy instead of choosing (but, but, but… the club FORCED them into it by not consulting them!) to make themselves pawns in a PR game? They have taken the opportunity to express their outage over a ****ing rainbow and made a non-issue into an issue, hurting the club and their teammates in the process.
"They'll be hated simply for trying to stand up for their right to hate others. The nerve of some people…"

Do you really think they see what they may be doing in the way you misrepresent them?
You do them no service by slandering them. Can someone disagree with someone without hating them? We are about to see what the media will do to them. That is when you see real hate and intolerance.

If I can stick up for Technical Coach on the pride issue. Pride is seen as a sin in Christian teaching. The old saying "Pride comes before a fall" reflects the view that people shouldn't boast. Pride has probably changed in definition a bit these days. Someone can be a proud Yorta Yorta man or a proud gay man. It reflects comfort in your culture rather than boastfulness. Having said that I find it hard to describe anything to do with who I am as being "proud". Christians boast in the kindness of God shown to an undeserving humanity. I am certainly undeserving. Sermon over.
I think that most times, somebody saying they’re a proud gay man etc means they’re just owning it and not ashamed of who they are. Which is fair enough

You know maybe this issue is bigger than winning or losing a football game.
The bravest thing could be to play without the seven. Put bodies on the line regardless. Give some up and coming kids or second tier players a run.
Show that the club believes in something bigger. If it helps any kid feel better about himself/herself for something that’s not a choice I’m all for it.
Interesting times.

I am a proud gay man and have loved Manly since I was a kid.

The initiative from the club is a good one, not consulting the playing group is another example of the dysfunction at the head of the club.

We have a season defining game where focus and attention is vital now sidetracked by the players who choose not to play.

We need to be together as a club and respectful of peoples rights and beliefs.

Every year St Kilda and the Sydney swans wear a pride jersey and it's a well respected event. Im disappointed that what should be a positive message is now soured and tainted.

Growing up on the northern beaches in the 80s, I got a taste of feeling excluded as being gay at the time was against the public narrative.

Fortunately we live in a more tolerant world and one of our greatest players , Ian Roberts explains in his book how tough life was back then for a gay kid.

The 7 players who allegedly have decided not to participate in this game due to wearing a jersey to support this initiative, it might be a suggestion to read his book.

Oh well it's a shame that our club again deals with this and splits the playing group at a time when they need to pull together!!

Whatever happens I love this club and the guys who pull on the maroon and white regardless of their skin colour, race, religion or sexuality!

Aren't we all Sea Eagles?

GO MANLY!!
I really applaud this post.

Rather than carry on like a bunch of fukwits defaming the 7 who have stood their ground. Maybe the club should’ve done the right thing and told the playing group earlier their views towards the idea, it would’ve been kept behind closed doors and the club has the chance to educate the boys on the ideal.

Instead we have fans calling for them to be sacked and to hang their heads in shame.

Yes it’s 2022, and like most people nowadays views have changed but there are still groups who have different beliefs. A lot of these boys are thinking about their families and their cultures too, they would be downcast by family members and church leaders too. Hell even their own families would feel the wrath of the church group.

We don’t know the circumstances regarding their stance. Maybe they are just thinking about the flow on effect. But I can bet your bottom dollar if this wasn’t even a thing you’d be all cheering guaca for trampling over 3 defenders on his way to the try line or Saab running 90 metres downfield no one near him this Thursday night.

Majority of you a putting blame on the players, how about putting the blame on the club for not handling it properly?

So apply your logic to all, even religious pride.

Pride is over-rated and i never once stated i was proud, i am opinionated and state my views that is all.

None of my "howlers" match the level of your last reply, you appear to be more in love with advertising your well rounded vocabulary and education levels in an opportunistic manner.
My message was harsh in tone and the personal angle was unnecessary.

I come from a place having experienced first hand a crisis situation with someone driven to suicide because of the shame and stigma imposed by people who really have no ****ing business in muddying the waters while there are people out there legitimately suffering. My own grief and trauma has radicalised my views as I think people killing themselves over something they can't help takes priority over helping someone who is unaffected beyond their interpretation of spiritual guidance. I don't accept or understand that what someone does in their own bedroom is deserving of this discourse or treatment.

My view is extreme and I concede my approach was less of an attempt to engage and more an emotional reaction to something I don't understand people fight so hard to hold onto. I admit my own position is hypocritical and I can't change the world one internet post at a time by reflecting what I see as unjustified hate.

If you want to clarify your position I'd be appreciative to have a private discussion without prejudice because as I concede, I have more to learn.

I've amended my previous post, more hate isn't needed.

I have a real issue with some of these blokes from these South Pacific cultures. There parents and grand parents come here to Australia to give them a great life and the opportunities they get to earn good money playing league. They are born in australia which means their Australians their get their opportunity to be professional athletes because they grew up here but then they want to represent another country.

Time to get the fatigue back in to the game and weed out these fakes and bring back the small men like the indigenous fellas and the small kids that leave the game at junior level because of these clowns.
Slap yourself for how stupid you are... you should actually be embarrassed for writing that post...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8