PM's XIII arrive home

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
PM's XIII arrive home

The Prime Minister’s XIII touring squad arrived home from Papua New Guinea yesterday following a hard-fought 28-8 victory over the Kumuls in Port Moresby on Saturday.

A two-try performance from Jarryd Hayne helped secure his place in the Australian Tri Nations squad, announced today, which also includes fellow Prime Minister’s XIII teammates Anthony Tupou and Luke O’Donnell.

As one of the main objectives of the tour, the Prime Minister’s XIII visited several Papua New Guinea communities last week to help promote the fight against HIV, AIDS and violence against women.

The players, joining PNG-based AusAID representatives, split into three groups and traveled by bus to community programs in Joyce Bay, Tatana and Hagwa, where they were met with hundreds of adoring fans.

The three settlements are AusAID-funded community programs that support youth through sport, music, and education, and aim to raise awareness of diseases such as HIV.

Prime Minister’s XIII coach Mal Meninga, assistant coach Brad Fittler and captain Steve Price spoke about the importance of using condoms to help prevent the spread of HIV – a major health issue in PNG.

Players Brett Stewart and Johnathan Thurston presented two Tatana youngsters “Village Awards” for winning an AIDS-Awareness competition, while Kurt Gidley received a rousing response when he used local dialogue to declare “real men don’t hurt women” at Joyce Bay.

Manly’s Stewart said he was blown away with the experience of meeting the people of Papua New Guinea.

“It was pretty special to get out there and see how much the kids really enjoyed us being there, it’s something I won’t forget” Stewart said.

PM's XIII arrive home

off the top of my head

1.Stewart
2.Hayne
3.K Gidley
4.Roberts
5.Merritt
6.Thurston
7.Orford
8.Stapleton
9.Farah
10.Price
13.O'Donnell

14.Tupou
15.Tronc

umm i forget the others

PM's XIII arrive home

My point is, when these things are reported by the media we get bugger all detail.

PM's XIII arrive home

28 - 8 sounds very good for the Kumuls. Who played in their pack? Any likely prospects?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4