Please Tooves don't cop it on the chin!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The advantage/play on rule died years ago. Refs are too quick on the whistle these days.

The obstruction rule is a joke. I saw nothing in either of Manly's tries last night that was anything worse than Hodges in Origin. If Origin is the pinnacle of our game then you would assume that it should also set precendence for the application of rules and standard of officiating.

On another matter the plays Manly ran for tries last night are no different to what Bulldogs run down their left hand edge 20 times a game. Just because it doesn't result directly in a try doesn't mean it's not obstruction. They make ground on it regulalry to get them in try scoring position. Likewise the Cowboys ran the same second man play to Bowen coming around the back down their RHS half a dozen times last night. Only some very good defence by Manly stopped tries a couple of times on that play. So it isn't illegal because our defence were good enough to cover for it ?? The rule is a joke and policing of it is frustratingly inconsistent.

I can see a finals game being decided on one of these calls (or non calls) depending on which muppet is pressing the buttons in the video ref box.

The advantage/play on rule died years ago. Refs are too quick on the whistle these days.

The obstruction rule is a joke. I saw nothing in either of Manly's tries last night that was anything worse than Hodges in Origin. If Origin is the pinnacle of our game then you would assume that it should also set precendence for the application of rules and standard of officiating.

On another matter the plays Manly ran for tries last night are no different to what Bulldogs run down their left hand edge 20 times a game. Just because it doesn't result directly in a try doesn't mean it's not obstruction. They make ground on it regulalry to get them in try scoring position. Likewise the Cowboys ran the same second man play to Bowen coming around the back down their RHS half a dozen times last night. Only some very good defence by Manly stopped tries a couple of times on that play. So it isn't illegal because our defence were good enough to cover for it ?? The rule is a joke and policing of it is frustratingly inconsistent.

I can see a finals game being decided on one of these calls (or non calls) depending on which muppet is pressing the buttons in the video ref box.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4