Please, No More Negative Threads

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
With three weeks to kick off I couldn’t possibly be more excited, positive or optimistic. Let’s go through the team and assess one by one after consulting the crystal ball:

1. Snake – The best fullback in the business, I know he hasn’t played for 2 years but I’m sure he’ll hit the ground running as good as ever.
2. Robbo – Age has not wearied him. He’s as fast as ever!
3. Jamie – Best in the world, don’t worry, that troublesome ankle won’t affect him at all.
4. Matai – This suspension has taught him a lesson, there’ll be no more penalties from him let alone suspensions.
5. Wolfie – Same as Snake, a year off footy won’t affect him at all.
6. Foran – I’m super confident there’ll be no 2nd year syndrome for him, he’s above all that.
7. DCE – Rookie or not, he’s going to set the world on fire, you just watch.
8. Kitey – You watch his aggression, just like 2008, not at all like 2009 or 2010.
9. Ballin – I see a really strong year from Matty….seriously
10. Kingy - You watch his aggression, just like 2008, not at all like 2009 or 2010.
11. Choc - ……………he’s speeding towards a stella year without controversy to distract him. I predict few penalties and no dropped balls
12. Rodney – Guaranteed to get through the year without injury, Dally M 2nd rower of the year
13. Glenn – No longer an angry man after the acquittal. You watch his aggression, just like 2008, not at all like 2009 or 2010.
14. Smokin Joe – Drinking from the fountain of youth, go you good thing
15. Cross – Has vowed not to be tossed around like a rag doll this year…..you watch, he really means it this time
16. Rose – Just look how trim he is, he will go for 60 minutes no problems. Has promised not to go to Maccas ever again
17. Seu Seu – has found speed, strength & guile in the off season, will make Le Strange look like a 2nd class player
18. T-Rex – He’s finally got it. Straight and hard for him every time in 2011

We are a top 4 side for sure. I am oozing positivity (No such word I know), indeed, I am so optimistic of 2011 that I am immediately placing a significant wager on us to win the comp and I encourage everyone to do the same.

Definition of Optimism: A tendency to expect the best possible outcome or dwell on the most hopeful aspects of a situation, regardless of the reality of a situation.

I prefer balance over positivity or negativity both are needed in their place

The only question that remains is whether it's the rose coloured glasses you're wearing or the rose coloured pills that you're taking.....................? Let's hope it's neither of them.

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.Nothing can be done without hope and confidece. FOR THOSE FAIR WEATHER MANLY SUPPORTERS THAT DONT HAVE FAITH AND WANT TO BAG THEIRE TEAM , THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES ,CAN SPREAD THEIR USELESS NEGATIVITY SOMEWHERE ELSE OR JOIN AND BAG ANOTHER CLUB. THANKS HAPPY NEW YEAR  :)

Was 11. a gee up in light of recent circumstances ?

BOZO link said:
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.Nothing can be done without hope and confidece. FOR THOSE FAIR WEATHER MANLY SUPPORTERS THAT DONT HAVE FAITH AND WANT TO BAG THEIRE TEAM , THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES ,CAN SPREAD THEIR USELESS NEGATIVITY SOMEWHERE ELSE OR JOIN AND BAG ANOTHER CLUB. THANKS HAPPY NEW YEAR  :)

Amen to that.

OK - SO LETS BAG THE OTHER CLUBS.

North Qld - another poor newspaper article today.
Dogs - still don't have any trial games at Coffs Harbour I wonder why
Newcastle - 1997 grand final enough said
Illawarra St George - chokers until 2010
Penrith - had a few issues in the 90's I've been told
Parramatta - throw NFL forward passes and get away with it
Brisbane - a one-town team with no competition should have won every year but didn't
Gold Coast - always seem to get the rub of the green agaist us by the officials
Melbourne - the best team money can buy
Souths - seem to be able to afford everyone coming off contract and still stay under the cap How??
West tigers - always seem to beat us so I just hate them anyway
Warriors - at least they beat Melbourne in 2008 other than that have done nothing with a whole country behind them
Canberra - they dropped and broke the shield when they first won a GF in the late 80's early 90's
Cronulla - their best day was 10/10/10 (won nothing won nothing won nothing)
Roosters - always seem to get the best TV coverage I wonder why.

Hope this is not too negative.

BOZO link said:
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.Nothing can be done without hope and confidece. FOR THOSE FAIR WEATHER MANLY SUPPORTERS THAT DONT HAVE FAITH AND WANT TO BAG THEIRE TEAM , THE MIGHTY SEA EAGLES ,CAN SPREAD THEIR USELESS NEGATIVITY SOMEWHERE ELSE OR JOIN AND BAG ANOTHER CLUB. THANKS HAPPY NEW YEAR  :)

I would doubt that there would be any "fair weather" Manly supporters on this forum.I would suggest that there are a few who are concerned at where things are heading.They are entitled to their opinion,as are those that are of the opposite opinion,and everything in between.For those that just want a whinge-there's a place for them too!Dan has catered for all of us.

I don't mind people pointing out things they have concerns over, if their concern is expressed in a straight forward and constructive manner.

Not everything the club does is wonderful, but not all they do is bad either.

But some of the plain old whinging and bitching, and constantly bring up the same ****e over and over again (which yes I know my post is repeating the points of others) gets really annoying.

So in summary people, express your concerns, but don't be a bitch about it.

And of course express the many, many things that make us feel good about being Manly fans.

Only Concerns  are; injuries , suspensions , bad ref calls , apart from that we have a team that will make us proud. Have feathers will fly, Go the mighty Sea Eagles and happy birthday Des.

Any chance people can just go with what we actually know is going on rather than over the top undying love or random hatred for the club?

Ralphie link said:
11. Choc - ……………he’s speeding towards a stella year without controversy to distract him. I predict few penalties and no dropped balls

... I am oozing positivity (No such word I know)

Oozing is a word and so is positivity. Not sure about stella though, is that Choc's new girlfriend?

So far I have not read a single reply that has put a constructive thoughtful response as to why I should not feel so optimistic.

To those who would criticise, think about what I have said and explain to me why I am wrong in my assessment. If your argument is sound then I will acknowledge it, otherwise stop whining.

Ralphie link said:
So far I have not read a single reply that has put a constructive thoughtful response as to why I should not feel so optimistic.

To those who would criticise, think about what I have said and explain to me why I am wrong in my assessment. If your argument is sound then I will acknowledge it, otherwise stop whining.
You guaranteed Rodney will not get injured... kinda makes your whole post look a bit tongue in cheek.

Love the optimism though, and I might just put a couple of bucks on too, just in case!

Ralphie link said:

1.  Snake – The best fullback in the business, I know he hasn’t played for 2 years but I’m sure he’ll hit the ground running as good as ever.

No reason why he will be as good as he ever was right from the start.  Everyone knows his knees are a serious problem and with them there are no guarantees. Only reason I see here is that "you're sure". 

I could probably go through a few others but this is the point.  Let's go with what we know. 

The Crystal Ball is the answer.

I don't know what will happen, but that is one assessment of our season ahead and it is as valid as any other assessment that puts forward a coherent argument one way or another.

The point is that the same arguments can be used either way depending upon your point of view and every Forum posters view is as valid as the others regardless of being optimistic or pessimistic.

Those who have blithely criticised others posts should think about backing up their criticism with some coherent arguments for their views. In the end it's only their views. In my opinion the only negative thing is to criticise simply because you disagree rather than mount some form of intelligent argument for your case.

There is no drama with a "negative" thread as long as it constructive and not a whinge fest

See the thread "first month of the season" not exactly sunshine and light however it is a fair point.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • lsz
    First Grader
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8