Players we should let go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
if 8/25 are on $100,000 or less that leaves the run on 17 an average salary of a minimum $250,000 which aint bad for any player really and we havent really added on 3rd party/outside-the-cap agreements. if a player asks for $500,000 everyone elses takes a 10000 paycut. it becomes a problem when you have 8+ players demanding more than 250,000.

seaeagles4life said:
if 8/25 are on $100,000 or less that leaves the run on 17 an average salary of a minimum $250,000 which aint bad for any player really and we havent really added on 3rd party/outside-the-cap agreements. if a player asks for $500,000 everyone elses takes a 10000 paycut. it becomes a problem when you have 8+ players demanding more than 250,000.

I reckon we have at least 10 players worth more than that. . . especially when you consider Parra is paying a reported $800,000 for Hopps Jrn post missionary duties.

Make gift and snake player coaches ( or junior coaches) like the old days and part of their money should not be under the cap as coaches( I wish). But what about discount for 10 yrs service? Surely penn and urm have some other companies that can be third party sponsors for 100k each. So Brett 400 per year + 10 yr discount + third party = 550k

Kite and king should never have been re-signed in the first place. King would have to be Manlys worst captain in its history of being a football team.

mickqld said:
Why dont we just wait and see what the people in charge do. Nobody knows who's on what $$$.
Too sensible. Plus, plenty here clearly enjoy endless speculation, so why deprive them of their fun? :idea:

seaeagles4life said:

You have forgotten MATCH PAYENTS $2000 per game x 17 players - some are on more than $2000. Then there is INCENTIVE BONUSES
These are included within the salary cap expenses.

effnic said:
Kite and king should never have been re-signed in the first place. King would have to be Manlys worst captain in its history of being a football team.
Are you serious you are talking about an origin player. King and kite have been outstanding in the opening 2 games buddy.

I wonder what Brett will do after footy? Maybe Manly could offer him something in the way of after footy employment package as an incentive to stay on for a little less coin than his manager is asking. I know i would.

mozgrame said:
I wonder what Brett will do after footy? Maybe Manly could offer him something in the way of after footy employment package as an incentive to stay on for a little less coin than his manager is asking. I know i would.

This is the kind of idea i would think would be popular these days but it seems most players just want the most money they can get while they are playing and rightly so most of the time. I think we just have to learn to deal with the fact that loyalty is dead in this day and age.

You have forgotten MATCH PAYENTS $2000 per game x 17 players - some are on more than $2000. Then there is INCENTIVE BONUSES
These are included within the salary cap expenses.
[/quote]

are you sure there are match payment for regular season games? i thought that it was just a part of their contract, i know they receive representative match payment bonuses and sometimes in some players contracts they have kpi's that unlock bonuses to their salary i.e. a fringe nsw cup player playing 10+ first grade games or a player making rep teams.

This is a great topic and is EASIILLLLY sorted by creating a to go and to keep list as I will do below...

To Go ...
1. George Rose - After his NSW CUP performances is on the outer big time, unless a big adjustment is made to his fitness and attitude.
2. Brent Kite - No real reason, just getting on and blocking the path for player such as Stromquist and Cunningham.
3. Jason King - Same as above
4 Junior Palou - has had the same disease as Rose for years now and is taking up salary cap money. If I was a treelopper at the Sea Eagles I would of removed that pieces of dead wood ages ago.
5. Tim Wynn - Just a Barry. Little to no skill. Needs big improvement.
6. Liam Foran - In .. Complete, complete, complete. Riding on coat tails of his Bro.
7. Liam Roach - Speaking of coat tails, riding on his surname. Was seen at NSW Cup not with his team members but with beverages on the hill.
8. Ben Shorter - The "Luke Covell" of The Manly Sea Eagles. Should never even be mentioned in the same sentence as the words "First grade"
9. David Williams - Needs to take a large pay cut and to stay fit to get off this list.
10. Jason Annear -alittle bland, Fingers crossed for improvement. Similiar to player below.
11. Tim Burrell -Should be a future superstar for the size of him, but is like a combination of the Tinman and the Lion out of the Wizard of Oz... needs to go on a quest to find a heart and some courage (and along the way hopeful a fend as well.)
12 Brett Stewart - Is a criminal and I don't mean because his previous issues, but because he is thieving so much of our salary cap.
13 Darcy Lussick - Good young player but needs to prove himself as Mauro and Harrison have.
14 Joe Galuvao - Same as Kite and King.
15 David Penna -Couldn't coach a poo out of a bum as seen by last years Toyota Cup Result. Still need to work on his fitness running the water as well.

Now, the...

To Keep ...
1. The rest of the NRL team list.
2. Jorge Taufua - One big strong fast unit, maybe our version of Conrad Hurrell.
3. Magnus Stromquist - The complete package and in need of the current team selection committee wake from there slumber and give our future Paul Gallen more game time. If they are reading this WAKE UP!!!
4. Ben Falcone - Has shown sublime form at NSW Cup level in the first two rounds, quite the opposite to a couple of other players above him in regards to the number he wears on his back.
5. Liam Higgins - Similiar to the player below. Well rounded, solid, committed and deservse more opportunities.
6. Mitch Jowett - Read above.
7. Jamie Anderson - Has improved his defence and is a great attacker could slot into hooker back rower edge or other club if we are not careful
8. Josie Hawkins - Trains the house down and is a workhorse in all aspects, not to mention that he has a head like a beaten favourite. Our version of Dallas Johnson or David Stagg.

The Players in the "To go" list are halting the "To keep" lists' progress and also our salary cap. So I hope to God or in my case 2vs that the club WAKES UP.

I am surprised that current premiership players are being groomed to go by fans who want room for players that can't yet make the side.

A few will have to go but we only discard one when there is a better option. Example of that is Hodkinson who was replaced by Daley Cherry Evans who is now being talked about as the next International halfback. The club got the timing right despite the nay-saying and chestbeating of the fans and posters here. Manly has rarely lost a player we wanted to keep!!! Players who overprice themselves have been the only real examples.

TimandTom said:
This is a great topic and is EASIILLLLY sorted by creating a to go and to keep list as I will do below...

To Go ...
1. George Rose - After his NSW CUP performances is on the outer big time, unless a big adjustment is made to his fitness and attitude.
2. Brent Kite - No real reason, just getting on and blocking the path for player such as Stromquist and Cunningham.
3. Jason King - Same as above
4 Junior Palou - has had the same disease as Rose for years now and is taking up salary cap money. If I was a treelopper at the Sea Eagles I would of removed that pieces of dead wood ages ago.
5. Tim Wynn - Just a Barry. Little to no skill. Needs big improvement.
6. Liam Foran - In .. Complete, complete, complete. Riding on coat tails of his Bro.
7. Liam Roach - Speaking of coat tails, riding on his surname. Was seen at NSW Cup not with his team members but with beverages on the hill.
8. Ben Shorter - The "Luke Covell" of The Manly Sea Eagles. Should never even be mentioned in the same sentence as the words "First grade"
9. David Williams - Needs to take a large pay cut and to stay fit to get off this list.
10. Jason Annear -alittle bland, Fingers crossed for improvement. Similiar to player below.
11. Tim Burrell -Should be a future superstar for the size of him, but is like a combination of the Tinman and the Lion out of the Wizard of Oz... needs to go on a quest to find a heart and some courage (and along the way hopeful a fend as well.)
12 Brett Stewart - Is a criminal and I don't mean because his previous issues, but because he is thieving so much of our salary cap.
13 Darcy Lussick - Good young player but needs to prove himself as Mauro and Harrison have.
14 Joe Galuvao - Same as Kite and King.
15 David Penna -Couldn't coach a poo out of a bum as seen by last years Toyota Cup Result. Still need to work on his fitness running the water as well.

Now, the...

To Keep ...
1. The rest of the NRL team list.
2. Jorge Taufua - One big strong fast unit, maybe our version of Conrad Hurrell.
3. Magnus Stromquist - The complete package and in need of the current team selection committee wake from there slumber and give our future Paul Gallen more game time. If they are reading this WAKE UP!!!
4. Ben Falcone - Has shown sublime form at NSW Cup level in the first two rounds, quite the opposite to a couple of other players above him in regards to the number he wears on his back.
5. Liam Higgins - Similiar to the player below. Well rounded, solid, committed and deservse more opportunities.
6. Mitch Jowett - Read above.
7. Jamie Anderson - Has improved his defence and is a great attacker could slot into hooker back rower edge or other club if we are not careful
8. Josie Hawkins - Trains the house down and is a workhorse in all aspects, not to mention that he has a head like a beaten favourite. Our version of Dallas Johnson or David Stagg.

The Players in the "To go" list are halting the "To keep" lists' progress and also our salary cap. So I hope to God or in my case 2vs that the club WAKES UP.

It would make life a whole lot easier if we just do away with 1st grade NRL side altogether.

I guess it is a good topic and would be talked about by mates at the pub, but it just seems wrong to me to publicly dump on a long list of players in a public forum. I'm probably being too sensitive. How many of us know the impact that Kite and King (or any other player for that matter) have on all the younger players? As CW says the retention and letting go of players has been fantastic for a very long time. The only criticism I have had was paying overs for youngsters by delaying their signings. I think Bailey would be the only unhappy recent memory. I guess I am saying that I like every player we have who turns up each week and don't look forward to them moving on. Robbo would be a classic example.

Donny Singe
Just to save answering this question over and over again, Player contracts?? Not me guys, I know and PREFER to know NOTHING on this issue. What I do know is, loyalty and dedication is alive and very strong in our club. The men whilst recieving individual accolades for their performance know how important and necessary ...the quality and performance of the player inside/outside and across the park is to HIS total game contribution. Every player is committed to where they are right now and the games and season they are in RIGHT NOW!! You need to stay in the NOW with us, yeah its tough and frustrating but your positivity will carry us through and no matter what happens we will be stronger! Sounds like rubbish? Every player in the playing roster is here for 2012, right now, every player is here to compete in every match of 2012, our last 2 matches prove that, the only result we are interested in is winning the premiership in 2012. Your not waving your flag for 2013+, your not cheering for 2013+. Stay STRONG in 2012, stay POSITIVE in 2012, stay with US in 2012!! I wont let negative comments or people near my men dont let negative people or comments influence you! Do what you have always done.....Stand and continue your essential presence as our loud and proud supporters.
Donny Singe

I found the earlier post from TimandTom disrespectful to several of our great players.
So to you, or you two (I don't know if you are Simese twins) TimandTom, please consider what you say before posting. You obviously have good knowledge of many younger players and your contributions about them would be most useful.

It is pretty bad kicking on some of our players like this and really achieves nothing.

What we really need is the magic book balancing skills of some of the other teams in this comp. How souffs, parra, the scum etc manage to keep so many players on big dollars is amazing.

Support our players openly but some of the comments above are just downright nasty and totally unnecessary

MissKate said:
What we really need is the magic book balancing skills of some of the other teams in this comp. How souffs, parra, the scum etc manage to keep so many players on big dollars is amazing.

You will find our squad has more rep players then any other team in the comp. Everyone except Oldfield in our starting 13!!!! We will need to let someone go to keep DCE and Foz.

effnic said:

That's unfair even Monaghan as captain wasn't pilloried like this.
OK, we have some salary cap issues, but Jason King was always going to be a Manly boy to the end, all we are doing now is trying to find justification in sending him off.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6