Players leaving Manly and Getting Better?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Even Fulton never got better after leaving Manly.

Mark Brokenshire I thought was one who shone after leaving Manly for the Dogs.

Phil Blake was good at Souths but not better.

JWH would be only one to get better.

Johnny Mayes maybe? Didn't he play in the 73 Manly premiers & then won at Rorters the next two years.

Phil Carey for Canberra off the bench in the 1990 grand final win. Not sure what that proves though!

Ivan Cleary did ok at Norths and Easts.

Cuthbo is another one who has played better since leaving, never been consistent but earlier this year was killing it

How long has it been since JWH left ?? 4 years ?? he has taken his time proving the retention committee wrong. I don't think we have missed him to be honest, but he'd be welcome back in current form.

I saw Luke Dorn on tv playing for London still. Didn't know he was still getting about. I watched about 5 minutes and got bored.

Mark O Meley went on to play well for the Dogs. About the only player who really excelled elsewhere.

Gimmemorly played better with the sharks than he did with the eagles (not that anyone could have played worse given dorn and ferris where an improvement)

Only one I can think of was Johnny Mayes, who went back to the Roosters, but he was never a Manly original.

JWH was only 20 when he left Manly after playing 6 1st grade games. Not a surprise that he has improved... took him long enough though ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4