Players leaving Manly and Getting Better?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
We've all noted a number of fringe first graders, or players on the outer at other clubs, come to Manly and show themselves to be quality first graders. But I don't recall too many going the other way? (especially in recent years). In fact a lot of players seem to go and almost never be heard of again. Can anyone recall those that have left Manly and improved themselves?

This was bought up a few months ago and it is a great point.
One of the players mentioned that has improved, especially this year is JWH. If we could fit him in, I'd love to have him back. He is having a great year.

Maybe some in here:

http://www.silvertails.net/forum/Thread-List-Of-Manly-Players-Who-Left-The-Club?highlight=Players+leaving+Manly+and+Getting+Better%3F

JWH is the obvious one. If we had him in our current pack we would win the premiership this year. He is exactly what we are missing. Raw, powerful aggression.

Plus if he was back with us he wouldn't be the wanker that he is with the Roosters. ;)

The only reason any of them look better is the fact they are playing with ordinary players making them stand out more as individuals.

Most players who defect seem to drop a few pegs lacking that attitude that has been instilled at Manly - particularly since the Ben Kennedy days.

Even looking back at Vautin, Shearer, Gibbs in older times, not many stars maintained their high standards.
Hargreaves(as mentioned) the only recent loss of concern. Still believe Tasi will come good also & would welcome both back.

I feel for oldfield he's a solid player he probably would of been better of going to a club like the sharks who need out side backs as he's not gonna get a run at the chooks they still have that unit moga who will come back next year.

In recent seasons we've seen players leave and play elsewhere, simply to get a chance when there is not one likely within a strong Manly squad.

If JWH wasn't around the same time as DCE, Foran, Tasi and Buhrer, it's likely he would have been able to stay, noting that often clubs can't keep all the young kids that emerge at the same time, to reach NRL level.

2013 Additions
Michael Chee Kam (Raiders) - Yet to play but will be something big
Richie Fa'aoso (Melbourne Storm) - Going great
Ligi Sao (Warriors) - Taking time but very young
James Hasson (Sharks) - Has been the surprise packet of all the signings
Ben Musolino (Dragons) - Yet to play
Brenton Lawrence (Titans) - Buy of the season
Dane Chisholm (Wests Tigers) - Still want to see this guy given a chance.
Jacob Gagan (Eels NYC) - Still young
David Gower (Dragons) - has played well when came on.
Peta Hiku (Warriors NYC) - future star
Jesse Sene-Lefao (Panthers) - has been given his chance in round 1
Kayne Lawton (Titans) - Playing NSW Cup
Esi Tonga (Eels) - Playing NSW Cup
Justin Horo (Eels) - Another buy of the season.

Who has gone
Dean Whare (Panthers) - Liked him but we have Snake at fullback
Tony Williams (Bulldogs) - Gooooonnnneee thank god.
Darcy Lussick (Eels) - Looking good around a bunch of morons.
Daniel Harrison (Eels) - Cant make the team of morons.
Michael Oldfield (Roosters) - Limited chances at the Roosters
Josh Drinkwater (Dragons) - Even with Soward gone has not been pick.

We are doing very well by all reports.

Still early to call but still hard to take that we lost Will Hopoate. Time will tell but he was so talented during his brief stint in first grade...

SeaEagle21 said:
Still early to call but still hard to take that we lost Will Hopoate. Time will tell but he was so talented during his brief stint in first grade...

What a quality player, I really hope he does well at Parra (or wherever), what an absolute talent.

Rambo 1987 .. u left off Tom Symonds.

We must have got the best bargain buys of the season!! The recruitment department should be recognised for an outstanding job.

I thought (and to a lesser degree do now) Hoppa Jr was going from a very good player to a great player. The problem paying way overs is that u limit the good back up players u can afford and u cause unrest with others due to unfair differences in pay.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8