Player agents

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Been in the news at Manly... plus it's another bloody bye round for us .. so I started making a summary of some of the main NRL agents. If anyone's interested can add to it, or keep it as a future reference for when things get messy (!)

Titan Sports Management
  • Manly: Reuben Garrick, Morgan Boyle
  • other NRL players over many clubs incl Dave Fifita, Burton, Warbrick, Arrow, Brailey
  • coaches incl Craig Fitzgibbon and some recent past coaches

Pacific Sports Management (Orrs)
  • Manly: Lawton, Parker, Arthur, Sykes, Matterson
  • 8 Eels plus coach Arthur
  • 6 Broncos plus coach Walters
  • 7 Titans plus coach Holbrook (until a week or so ago)
  • And plenty more
Crown Sports International (Tartak)
  • Manly: Schu, Haumole, Saab, Fainus, Gordon CKT
  • 5 Saints (incl ex-Manly Suli and Tuitavake
  • Smattering of players across other clubs incl Dom Young, JAC, Damien Cook, Luke Thompson, Bird, Leilua, Marty Taupau
SFX Sports Group (George Mimis)
  • Manly: 3 x Trbojevic, Keppie, Humphreys
  • 8 Panthers incl Cleary, JFH, Edwards, Luai,Yeo
  • 2-4 players at most NRL clubs
  • Coaches incl Ivan Cleary, Bennett, Des, Slater
The Cove Agency (Isaac Moses)
  • ‘Website being updated’ so no list of players available?
  • Manly: Reported to act for Seibold and … …

Last edited:
Been in the news at Manly... plus it's another bloody bye round for us .. so I started making a summary of some of the main NRL agents. If anyone's interested can add to it, or keep it as a future reference for when things get messy (!)

Titan Sports Management
  • other NRL players over many clubs incl Dave Fifita, Burton, Warbrick, Arrow, Brailey

Pacific Sports Management
  • And plenty more
  • Manly: Schu, Haumole, Saab, Fainus
  • Smattering of players across other clubs incl Dom Young, JAC, Damien Cook, Luke Thompson, Bird, Leilua
SFX Sports Group
good post.. thank you for the insight
seems spreadsheet worthy

im an ideas man …before you ask

Titan Sports Management

• And plenty more
  • Manly: Schu, Haumole, Saab, Fainus
  • Smattering of players across other clubs incl Dom Young, JAC, Damien Cook, Luke Thompson, Bird, Leilua
SFX Sports Group
GCKT is another of Tartak's at Manly.

So how many players with one manager (or management group) is too many?

Personally think it is way more nuanced than the number of players. Contract duration, alignment of contract end date, and aggregate value of players with the one manager are probably more important.

I see no issue with the number of players from Moses’ stable at this point in time. It’s a lazy narrative (peddled by the media) without any real assessment of the above factors.

Here We Go Eye Roll GIF

I think the fact that this thread even exists is a reflection of the poor negotiation skills that is prevalent in this club.
Oh how the mighty have fallen.

GCKT is another of Tartak's at Manly.
Yeah, when I saw that the first thing that struck (given how much ST members think he's our next big thing) is that there are no noises about him wanting more money or being moved on. Clearly not considered in the same league (no pun intended - for a change) as the Fainu boys.

Titan Sports Management

• And plenty more
SFX Sports Group
Hey SER8 great idea , maybe add the main Managers names as well George Mimis is SFX I think ? Not sure who runs Pacific and Titan sports ?

Braith Anasta manages Munster. I'd imagine he'd have other players.
Are there any/many top players without managers?
I appreciate that the majority of NRL players lack the experience to negotiate contracts, but surely there are some who are capable of looking after themselves and saving the agent's fee plus the angst of wondering is their agent has their best interests at heart. I acknowledge that all of them would need an accountant and, possibly, a financial advisor but at least these professionals are independent. A manager with a crew of players and coaches can't help but run into conflict of interest issues.

FWIW:
@ReadingThePlay

I'm told one of the major sticking points is the NRL actually agreeing to more rigid rules and management of Player Managers - the NRL want it left as it is...
Quote Tweet

@SMHsport
·
1h
BREAKING: After months of frustrating negotiations, NRL players will walk away from all media commitments on any day a match is scheduled – starting with State of Origin. Origin blackout: NRL players to boycott media over pay war

I don't have an opinion yet on the NRL versus the RLP, but I doubt any fans will be heartbroken to learn about the ban on player interviews. 99% of these interviews are dross: Predictable questions and even more predictable answers.
We can do without the puffery.

Titan Sports Management

• And plenty more
SFX Sports Group (George Mimis)
Great post

I don't have an opinion yet on the NRL versus the RLP, but I doubt any fans will be heartbroken to learn about the ban on player interviews. 99% of these interviews are dross: Predictable questions and even more predictable answers.
We can do without the puffery.
But Jakey!!!!

So the nrl don’t want anything to change around how player managers operate. With the player managers currently making the nrl look stupid and incompetent I am gobsmacked that they don’t want to tighten up the rules and make sure the player managers adhere to the rules

Isaac moses has Woods, Cooper johns, tommy talau, kyle Flanagan, Jake Arthur i think, siebold, Shane Flanagan and a few more at manly. He also manages Lodge so I'm surprised he hasn't landed here yet. He managed 18 of the top 30 broncos squad when siebold was the coach and there was talk at the time about the influence managers have over clubs. Seems we are heading down the same road

Braith Anasta manages Munster. I'd imagine he'd have other players.
Are there any/many top players without managers?
I appreciate that the majority of NRL players lack the experience to negotiate contracts, but surely there are some who are capable of looking after themselves and saving the agent's fee plus the angst of wondering is their agent has their best interests at heart. I acknowledge that all of them would need an accountant and, possibly, a financial advisor but at least these professionals are independent. A manager with a crew of players and coaches can't help but run into conflict of interest issues.
I think David Klemmer is self-managed & Kalyn Ponga is managed by his father.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10