PL props

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I hadn't realised just how fat George Rose is. He looks like ButterBean on steroids. He might be good for a few more metres than King but he'll miss just as many tackles. Not much to get excited over.

Is Cannings injured? Interesting that he's not even in the Eels PL side. Quality buy from Parra that one. :bdh:

Bit tough on Rose mate, it seems ever since we we linked to him everyone has done nothing but bag him, writing him off from the word go.

He made quality metres in that game and had a pretty bloody good offload. He has very good leg drive in comparison to King and Heckenburg and usually made 4 or 5 more metres after being grabbed by the defense.

I'm not saying he's Luke Bailey, but the give the guy a shot. I didn't see him miss one tackle if that's your argument, in fact he made 4 straight in one set.

I can't see the harm in bolstering our front row depth, and with a bit more fitness Rose could be an excellent buy, he is only 22.

Rose seems to have a bit of mongrel in him and has got away some good offloads in the past couple of games.

I agree that he needs a lot of fitness work in the offseason but Dessie is just the person to give it to him. Hopefully he will team up with Choc and BK in training.

If he can get to first grade standard of fitness I think that he will put pressure for a postion off the bench.

He surely can't be any worse than princess?

It would have been interesting to see Princess in that game - seeing as he's little more than a PL prop.

I'd reckon Rose would have shaded him.

rose is good for depth and the only thing des is good for is fitness so it should be ok

Agreed Blunty- I thought Rose did alright for the chances he had. He dropped the ball a couple of times pushing passes but that's when they had to chance their hand.
If I was a betting man after watching him yesterday I'd say he would be a fair chance of bumping himself above King in the Eagles props pecking order after not too long.
Plum had a cracker of a game in defence for the Rorters as well- the commentators were comparing his tackling style to Beavers.

Plum was impressive but has also been re-signed by the Rorters.

Apparently the Rorters have also raided the Eels Flegg side.

Salary Cap anyone?

It's not what you know, it's who you know.
What club is it that Mr Gallop supported before taking on this very important job he has now???
Then of course there is Mr Politis...

The rorters have also signed josh Lewis from St George's flegg side who looks a good player. I think they said that he is Johnny Lewis' son. He might be able to throw a punch as well as play good footy.

This is where Manly fall down badly with their juniors because we need a strong flegg team as these guys will be the 1st grade players in 2 to 3 years time.

He had a lot of ticker by the look of him.

Much more than a 1 hitup for 8 metres man.

10 of the Keebra Park side in the Arrive Alive final are on Tigers scholarships too.

You NEVER hear of these up and comers looking at Manly. I wonder why?

It's sad that in terms of location and lifestyle you don't get much better than Manly but kids would still prefer to play with other teams.

Quite a few of this years S G Ball went to freshwater high school. Manly should expand on this and develop it and perhaps bally boys like the tigers have done with Keebra high.

When was the last time manly had a team be sucessful in the arrive alive cup?

Hopefully if manly gets this unit development through on the car park site then they can keep a few of the units to put in young players from country/new zealand areas.

The biggest message comming through from the tigers win is that we need to spend money now on developing juniors so that we can have them for 1st grade in the next couple of years.

I could suggest a few people in management postions who could be culled to make the money available if necessary.

Dubbo College went very well in the Arrive Alive Cup this year.

I would venture down to have a look at them, but previous experience suggests that the club wouldn't return my phonecalls anyway.

So much talent in the Premier League and Flegg finals, I just wish Manly could sign up a good under 20s side. Looking at the Premier League final, although we made the top 4, you watch our games and no one really looks like they could make it in first grade. The Roosters, Eels, and even the Flegg players from Parra and Saints look like they could be first graders.

I see Creig Heslop had a good game for Parra in JF. A good young player Manly let slip through.

Quite a few of this years S G Ball went to freshwater high school. Manly should expand on this and develop it and perhaps bally boys like the tigers have done with Keebra high.

When was the last time manly had a team be sucessful in the arrive alive cup?

Hopefully if manly gets this unit development through on the car park site then they can keep a few of the units to put in young players from country/new zealand areas.

The biggest message comming through from the tigers win is that we need to spend money now on developing juniors so that we can have them for 1st grade in the next couple of years.

I could suggest a few people in management postions who could be culled to make the money available if necessary.
Manly should set up a partnership with a League Programme at Narrabeen Sports High School. Endeavour High have done so with great success and Westfields High have done so with other sports. St Gregs, Fairfield Pats and a few other schools have had partnerships (directly or indirectly) with Leaque Clubs.

Certain boarding schools in Sydney have been paid by clubs to look after young country players as boarders till they were old enough to fend for themselves. Often they have played 8 weeks of Rugby and then Flegg for the rest of the year!!!

I agree.

Now that the club has this fantastic website they should put some meaningful informaiton on it such as telling the fans what they are doing about increasing our depth (other than signing Robertson and Rose) and what they are doing about junior development in the area.

I suspect that they don't inform us of these things because they aren't doing anything.

It would be intesting to know why players like Heslop left manly. Whether it was for more money, a better club set up etc.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4