Pick two

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Only two ??? not fair

Assuming we hang onto Hoppa now then I'd go Connor Watson as he can cover 1, 6 and 9 where we are horribly short for depth. Think he is a great footballer that has had a bad run with injury. Then I'd go Steven Marsters as an outside back who can cover centre/wing. Or the obvious one is Staines too of course, but I'm not convinced the hype is warranted, he's played on the end of a clinical Penrith backline and made to look good. Does have some toe though I will give him that.

We are no chance of signing Alex Johnston, or anyone in that price range/status.
I agree 100%, infact I don't even rate him as crazily as most do. He's a solid winger, got some pace, seems to be building a high price tag though. I'm more talking about the style of backline player we should target when taking into account our ability to shop other players (Taupau for example, but not necessarily him)

I agree 100%, infact I don't even rate him as crazily as most do. He's a solid winger, got some pace, seems to be building a high price tag though. I'm more talking about backline players we should target also taking into account our ability to shop other players (eg. Taupau)
Agreed. He isnt all that..eslecially for what he is going for. He is on then end of a good backline. Full stop

We need more speed
Charlie Staines - need the pace in the backline.
Tom Starling - need the energy and speed from our 9

Really? the nrl.com article from a few days ago had him quoted as his manager had received an offer but he hadn't looked at it and wouldn't do anything til after last few games.
Guess I should stop reading the signings thread here. It does appear the Raiders want to hold onto him.

The Morris brothers would be handy for a couple of seasons but hardly a long term option.

We could use Alex Johnston's versatility and pace.

But I want Hoppa re-signed and wouldn't mind picking up Charlie Staines. How well are Penrith going that they can afford to lose someone like that ?

I agree 100%, infact I don't even rate him as crazily as most do. He's a solid winger, got some pace, seems to be building a high price tag though.

In my opinion he’s more than a solid winger.
Souffs to me looked better when he played fullback instead of Schminglis and his strike rate at getting over the stripe is right up there.
Yes, that’s his job but he does it well with a minimum of fuss.

Cliffy is something else .

Regrettably what Cliffy had, cant really be taught. It was a natural skill. I thought at times he should be used to teach young 5/8s how to play, but I suspect he probably didn't know how he did it. I once noted Andrew Johns (despite his faults) was apparently able to pass on some knowledge to younger half backs. So could Cliffy be considered as a mentor for our 5/8s?

Unfortunately, it seems, there are some things that cant be taught, instinctive things. Cliffy had that and it is something I don't think can be fully passed on...regrettably. Maybe, given the little of what I've seen of Schuster, if we are very fortunate, we could see someone soon who could emulate some elements of that instinctive skill

There is an article on the keiran forum stating the only way we get foz, is if we release walker because of cap space.

That says we wont be getting any of them

In my opinion he’s more than a solid winger.
Souffs to me looked better when he played fullback instead of Schminglis and his strike rate at getting over the stripe is right up there.
Yes, that’s his job but he does it well with a minimum of fuss.
Latrell makes me sick, such a fraud at the back. I feel like AJ is in the awkward position between being elite and just solid. He can have plenty of quiet games and seems to need others to do a lot of work before he can add the finishing touches. I reckon due to our lack of playmakers he is a little too pricey.

May not be popular and I also think he's a carnt but but but solves the Hooker problem and the missing direction / leadership / general problem with 1 player. Plus we would have the ref on our side.
If we keep all our young ones and select them accordingly, Shoe at 5/8, Walker and Funa center Hoppa as back up 1 / wing, I wouldn't pick 2 I would pick 1
$cam Smith.
Restructure complete@:D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8