Phil Hughes

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Clint

Tipping Member
Wow. Thoughts & prayers are with you mate.
Played cricket with him at Sawtell when he was 15.
Hope he is ok.

Hope he is ok too.

Seems very serious and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Shocking news

Have heard stories from years ago when 1 of our tail enders was hit in the head and stopped breathing for a minute or 2. May have been Chatfield I think

Didn't seem that bad a knock, I've seen better badging's then that over the years. Abbot isn't that quick either so it just goes to show that if you get hit in the wrong spot it'll do damage. Gives you a horrible feeling in your stomach watching that stuff. Hope he is all right but the report on the SMH website sound like he is/was in a bad way for a while. Fingers crossed for him.

Undergoing surgery as we speak.
I wish they would take some of the images down from social media.
They are pretty disturbing.

Hoping you make a full recovery, young man.

Thoughts and prayers with you right now to pull through, and with your family.

Awful, just awful

Sounds like the next 48 hours are key. I just hope this turns into one of those great redemption stories (comes back to score a 100 on his recall to the Australian team) rather than a tragedy

^^ Be a really good story if that happens for Phil.

It's his 26th birthday on this Sunday, 30th November and I'm sure his family would love to celebrate that one together.

My prayers are with you right now.

very very sad and just tragic. condolences to his family and best wishes also to the young bowler.

Unbelievable. Is going to be a strange day's cricket on Saturday, I'd say that everyone will have a heavy heart pulling on the whites this weekend.

63*

We are still playing. Black armbands and one minutes silence prior to game start across the comp.

Chip and Chase said:
We are still playing. Black armbands and one minutes silence prior to game start across the comp.

Phil played for our club, so his passing is very close to home. He is the first player from our club to make it to test level.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6