Peter Sharp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Bring in the military attitude.

Hard core training - Do as you are told and a chain of command.

I was never a big fan of Sharp but he think he was on a hiding to nothing. The culture of the two joint venture clubs was never going to meld and Sharp didn't have a support base in either club. He was never real Manly! He also had many overpriced and underperformed players. Once Manly took over the NE very late - we were really struggling and it was only an accident we got close to the semis one year.

MB, as far as teachers go - there are Hitlers and relaxed teachers in schools. Just because Smith is a tosser doesn't mean that all teachers who are coaches are like him. Des is the case in point.

(I used to play against Des at Uni - couldn't get near enough to him to catch him though!)

The people i know who were taught by Des said he was a very tough teacher. Quite fair but very tough. Sounds more like the hitler to me.

G'day Phantom hows your shoulder?

Yeah I agee that he'll do better than Smithy.

But I also think Dessie is better!

Still "No-Good"....Looking to get an Operation soon! :?

..CT Scan next week! :eek: :wink:

Bloody hell Phantom sounds as though you are doing it tough, you were lucky it wasn't tackle otherwise you might have been in a wheelchair. Anyway hope the recovery goes well

I was reading about David Gillespie. Story is that he broke a finger and had a metal pin inserted. The ref went in to the dressing room before a game and said that he couldn't play with the metal sticking out, so according to 'Bring Back the Biff' web site he grabbed a pair of pliers and physically removed the pin before going out and playing. Ouch!!!! How tough is that!?

I was reading about David Gillespie. Story is that he broke a finger and had a metal pin inserted. The ref went in to the dressing room before a game and said that he couldn't play with the metal sticking out, so according to 'Bring Back the Biff' web site he grabbed a pair of pliers and physically removed the pin before going out and playing. Ouch!!!! How tough is that!?

Just think of the Damage Hopper could have done if that was him! :eek: :shock: :lol: :oops: :roll:

We're all genius's when hindsight is used.............Those that didn't brag to their mates when he came on board either had a personal dislike for him or spent to much time in chatrooms instead of actually watching the game......Oh and Orford wasn't dumped,he was offered 5/8th and decided instead of rising to the challenge he would find another club that would let him play Half.......Some would say he is still playing second fiddle to kimmorley.

Sorry Peter.

Pushed the wrong button on IPad and this ancient piece appeared from nowhere!
Interesting comparisons between 2005 and 2017, both coming off very depressing seasons. What was achieved back then and over the following years was truly remarkable.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7