Peter Peters claims seat on Manly Sea Eagles board

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It clearly doesn't give them more control, this journalist is pro Zorba and spins the control thing to good for Zorba. This is bad for Manly in that David Perry is now a bad spot with bad history with Zorba and can you see Zorba not taking what happened to himself personally?

People go on about Zorba being Manly through and through but it looks like to me he is Zorba through and through

I don't know all the goings on at Board level but from the outside this move would be short-sighted at best and vindictive at worst. I cannot see how it will help the club to function for the better.

Transparency is the victim in the way our board works. How the hell we are meant to interpret this latest maneuvre is beyond me.

Does anyone outside of the board really know what's going on? I doubt anyone on this forum does.

My message to the board is this. Just bring us another premiership this year and I don't care how dysfunctional you become. Failing this your behaviour is a joke and an embarrassment.

DYEagle said:
Nothing changes.

One Penn vote goes and another one comes in...

Exactly, mate. The only thing that might change - as has been discussed on this thread already - is a the potential hostility between Zorba and Perry. What a joke.

I feel that placing Zorba on the Sea Eagles board can only lead to bad news via leaking stories to the media for inclusion in the DT's weekly Manly board bashing section, which of course enables Zorba to misconstrue any situation to his benefit.
There also appears to be way too many potential conflicts of interests in his appointment which leads me to believe that something fishy is happening here.

What exactly does P. Peters bring to the table in relation to running a multi million dollar business, that makes him the best possible person for the role?

WAMF said:
What exactly does P. Peters bring to the table in relation to running a multi million dollar business, that makes him the best possible person for the role?

IMO Peters gained the role of media liason because he hung around in the media as a person who used to write small insignificant articles for a small insignificant audience.

Now, with little to no training in the world of media and global technology, this past hack has now come into the big time, still with no training and a dinasour mind-set on how things should be run.

The guy is retirement-age, not a 21st Century thinker or doer.
His role on the board is ludicrous and I just hope he doesn't rock too many boats.

To Mr Perry, in his short role of CFO, I hope you continue in your current role and not dictated to by a past-it hack and leaker.

lismore_fan said:
WAMF said:

IMO Peters gained the role of media liason because he hung around in the media as a person who used to write small insignificant articles for a small insignificant audience.

Now, with little to no training in the world of media and global technology, this past hack has now come into the big time, still with no training and a dinasour mind-set on how things should be run.

The guy is retirement-age, not a 21st Century thinker or doer.
His role on the board is ludicrous and I just hope he doesn't rock too many boats.

To Mr Perry, in his short role of CFO, I hope you continue in your current role and not dictated to by a past-it hack and leaker.

You are wrong about Zorba not having media experience. He worked as a sports journalist at The Sydney Sun during the 1970s (when I worked there). I'm not sure how long he stayed at The Sun (which did close in the late 1980s I think) before getting into a media role at Manly, but Zorba is vastly qualified.

More to the point, what's Penn doing this for? Can't be for stability, can't be for talent, weird really.

I agree it probably changes very little in a real sense ....but that wont stop the headlines . You cant help but suspect that disharmony and vendettas will once again follow Zorba around like they have done for some time. We need a peacemaker and instead we get an antagonist.

Let the leaking begin !!!

At least there will be some transparency over who Penns puppet will be...

And really who cares anymore? This crap has already cost us one of the best coaches in the game...they just need to sort it out

I dont care who is on the board so long as the bickering continues as well as the premierships.

really don't understand the Penn/Zorba/Perry dynamics. My understanding was that Penn appointed Perry, is that not the case? Penn should grow a set and tell his Zorba to step quietly into the night. The improved financial position Perry has put us in, in recent times could be all thrown out the window if Zorba is going to be attending board meetings as the catering bill will skyrocket.

lsz said:
At least there will be some transparency over who Penns puppet will be...

And really who cares anymore? This crap has already cost us one of the best coaches in the game...they just need to sort it out

I'm bemused that someone who likes to portray themselves as being alot smarter than the rank and file fan like yourself still falls for the furphy that Des left because of the board.

He left because he was offered significantly more than we could ever offer him, it was huge and the deal was done very early in August before any of this board mess reappeared.

Has is a great coach and was good for manly but his loyalty is for his bank balance.

Just another thing I'm no zorba fan but you gotta think about it this way, Dave Perry is going to save the penns and quantum alot of money by being able to get the club to break even this year. Scott Penn is too smart to let Any petty agenda zorba might have cost him money.

Adrian Proszenko ‏@proshenks

BREAKING NEWS: David Perry will take up the role of general manager of the Manly Sea Eagles on a three-year contract #NRL

Not sure where you get that impression
Cam of how I portray myself?

Anyhow I believe if we had a functioning board he would still be the coach regardless of the money being thrown around.

In the end neither of us can be sure what happened. You are as justified as I am in your opinion.....they are just diffferent

lsz said:
Not sure where you get that impression
Cam of how I portray myself?

Anyhow I believe if we had a functioning board he would still be the coach regardless of the money being thrown around.

In the end neither of us can be sure what happened. You are as justified as I am in your opinion.....they are just diffferent

If we had functioning board would they have given Des the power he had to begin with or would they have tried to reign him in a lot sooner? Perhaps, just perhaps how our club has functioned off field was a perfect storm that resulted in 2 premierships, if things were done differently we mightn't have had the turmoil of last off season, but we mightn't have had the 2 victories on grand final day either.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4