Peter Holmes à Court

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Did anybody else see Peter Holmes à Court on NRL on Fox last night?

I know its a club's responsibility to defend their players but he would have been better off just saying, we have spoken to Merritt and his comments were unacceptable, however, they weren't meant to hurt anybody's feelings and for that he is sorry.

Instead, Peter insisted that the club supports his view and his right to express it and that the game is better off because he brought the issue to the forefront.

He then went on the make the comparison between Willie Mason speaking out about boycotting Origin for the welfare of lesser payed players and Merritt's comments. The guys on the show were quick to point out that its hardly fair to compare such statements when one is doing a decent cause for team mates and another is accusing people of racism.

Peter kind of shut up shop there but did continue to emphasize that the game is better because of Merritt's comments, despite Daley saying that he is one of the selectors and he was very upset about the comments he made that race had something to do with him not gaining a selection.

I got the impression that if their is one club that I wouldn't want to go to as a player, the establishment that is Souths at the moment would probably be the place I'd avoid the most.

One last note from the show was Peter's comment on Jason Taylor that I found strange. When he was asked what he thought of Jason and his work this year he said, "A lot of people ask me what I think about Jason as a coach and I say to them, I think Jason is an outstanding person and coaching is what he is choosing to do at the moment." Go figure that one out???

Man it sounds like a looney bin of poor management over there.

I can now kind of see the idea of having ex footballers involved with the club management, thats fair enough when comments like that are thrown around. But Crowe and the other nutter fancy themselves the font of all football knowledge, clearly that are just self indulging fools.

Cant stand them and my hatred for souths grows by the day, what a waste of space

How weird was he Flip !! I felt really uncomfortable just listening to him speak! So did the interviewer (I forget his name). He spoke in this stilted English - yeah I also thought it was weird about what he said about Jason Taylor. Outstanding person? What the f@&% ?! Just tell them whether you think he's a good coach or not!!!

Yeah, he came across as very strange. In the end his comment were totally unjustified and I gathered he felt a little angry because someone told him to his face.

But your right, he was quite a bizarre fellow.

I know its only a small thing but he wore a hat!

I know... woah... but I thought that was strange to wear a hat at night on a television interview.

I think his Jason Taylor comments were saying he doesn't think of himself as having the expertise to judge a coach but as a person he can give an opinion like anyone else, it was just a weird way of saying it.

His views on Merritt was stupid.

I can now kind of see the idea of having ex footballers involved with the club management, thats fair enough when comments like that are thrown around. But Crowe and the other nutter fancy themselves the font of all football knowledge, clearly that are just self indulging fools.

Cant stand them and my hatred for souths grows by the day, what a waste of space

As fluffers only, unless they have any expertise in business and management.

[quote author=Daniel]

[/quote]

Crowe is a movie star. Peter inherited Daddy's money and has a string of failures in business behind him.

What were you saying about expertise in business and management?

[quote author=danno]
[quote author=Daniel]

[/quote]

Crowe is a movie star. Peter inherited Daddy's money and has a string of failures in business behind him.

What were you saying about expertise in business and management?

[/quote]

My comment was about exfootballers being involved with club management without any expertise in business and management.

I also never made any comment on Crowe or PHAC's involvement in club management.

I don't see that Crowe or Holmes a Court have relevant management or business experience. They are donating to Souths, not making money from them.

I don't see that Crowe or Holmes a Court have relevant management or business experience. They are donating to Souths, not making money from them.

I never said that they do, all I said was that ex-footballers without the relevant management or business experience is not a good thing (imo).

Delmege would have the relevant management business experience and I don't think his involvement in football affairs especially player retention is a good thing either e.g. Hoppa & Monaghan

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4