Peta Hiku

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I always liked Hiku...he is far too good for reserve grade and that's all he will get at Penrith. I am surprised the Knights or Tigers weren't enquiring after his services. He would have been a good fullback for the Knights.

He was a bloody Trojan in the games leading up to the 2013 GF. I think he was always solid and sometimes exceptional for us. Liked him a lot always safe on the wing and solid when filling in at centre and had great return metres at fullback which were probably illuminated by the fact he was replacing snake. But until last year no one could replace the snake.

One other thing you need to consider is how good Tafua had been for us. We all know he can struggle with a high ball but go watch some highlights from when he first came in. The kid had a rough year with a shoulder brace/strapping that didn't allow him to extend but other than that I claim him as the best value for money winger in the game. And the best finisher.

Wish him a successful recovery but also think he could be a weapon of a hole running second rower with the structure we play with now if the lateral movements a bit suspect after the knee reco.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. That was my sentiment as well prior to the match that could've let us down and I think he would've done exceptional had he been in the #1. Funnily enough I bumped into him on GF day at the ground before kick off and had a pic taken with him.
But in saying that Brett was our man and he did what he could, and as you say other factors. Would've, should've, could've.
Me too! Saw him, T Red, George Rose and Horhay. Was so devastated to lose after seeing Matai, Killer and DCE play so well that day.

I always liked Hiku...he is far too good for reserve grade and that's all he will get at Penrith. I am surprised the Knights or Tigers weren't enquiring after his services. He would have been a good fullback for the Knights.
Hiku is the type that might really prosper in England and develop as a player. Last year he was becoming a master off-loader at the Panthers before he got hurt.
Not sure if he is a 'good trainer' but he is a tough and talented natural footballer.
If we start collecting fullbacks a la the SOO teams we could get him, Gutho and Hoppa all back to form a full set in support of Turbo.

I wish him well.

The only thing that drove me crazy when he was here was that after every tackle, he got to his knees...looked at both refs, raised his arms in disbelief he didn't get a penalty, then slowly got to his feet and played the ball.

Meanwhile the defence had ordered some pizza, had a chit chat about life's big issues, read the lord of the rings trilogy and got their defensive line set.

Why the coach never blasted him for it...ever is a mystery that surely has to be....aliens.

Shout out to his uncle who still posts here...on occasion.

Also thought that Hiku gave really good service for Manly, a bit mistake prone in some of his early appearances, but then once settled in, always seemed to give whole - hearted and solid and even some classy performances in a variety of positions . Just a good natural footballer who seemed to have sometimes an uncanny ability to beat the first line of defence and that great evasive run by him in the 2014 elimination final led to D C E 's match leveling field goal against the Dogs which resulted in extra time. [ And incidentally that 2014 Manly finals performance against the Dogs was one of the most courageous efforts by a Manly side i have ever seen ] I am sure all Manly supporters wish him well .

I wish him well.

The only thing that drove me crazy when he was here was that after every tackle, he got to his knees...looked at both refs, raised his arms in disbelief he didn't get a penalty, then slowly got to his feet and played the ball.

Meanwhile the defence had ordered some pizza, had a chit chat about life's big issues, read the lord of the rings trilogy and got their defensive line set.

Why the coach never blasted him for it...ever is a mystery that surely has to be....aliens.

Shout out to his uncle who still posts here...on occasion.
Drove me nuts too. TBH I don't miss him as I didn't rate him as well as others on here. Sorry uncle Hiku.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2