• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
What cracks me up the most about some of you characters on here, is that once Peta is trucked off to whoever, there will be a mass outcry over his treatment from the club.
Peta is a lovely guy, absolutely, but he has to decide whether he wants to reach his own potential. He is a solid player that will hopefully view his next chapter as the new challenge he needed.
I will certainly miss him, as I feel he is still young enough to improve his all round play, especially with Forme gone, and create his own presence, instead of being a victim of his own versatility..
To those who constantly criticized him over his lack of effort, poor positional play and unfit issues, you need to understand that the coaching dept and some of his team mates are just as responsible for that perception. Some of those critics, will be the very ones saying how much you will miss him and how hard done by he was.
Best of luck Peta, if you do leave I hope you kick on to great things and find your true place in another NRL squad that deserves you.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
What cracks me up the most about some of you characters on here, is that once Peta is trucked off to whoever, there will be a mass outcry over his treatment from the club.
Peta is a lovely guy, absolutely, but he has to decide whether he wants to reach his own potential. He is a solid player that will hopefully view his next chapter as the new challenge he needed.
I will certainly miss him, as I feel he is still young enough to improve his all round play, especially with Forme gone, and create his own presence, instead of being a victim of his own versatility..
To those who constantly criticized him over his lack of effort, poor positional play and unfit issues, you need to understand that the coaching dept and some of his team mates are just as responsible for that perception. Some of those critics, will be the very ones saying how much you will miss him and how hard done by he was.
Best of luck Peta, if you do leave I hope you kick on to great things and find your true place in another NRL squad that deserves you.

Nicely said mate!!

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Triple M stating Hiku will most likely sign with Eels this weekend. Why wouldn't he take drag's offer and go for fullback?
Don't the Drags train in the Gong?
Car pooling with Choc and Foran may be easier @:cool:

Hiku was always in DY surfing with Dunamis/Starlo so they could have teamed up there again.

I hope he gets all the monies that the Warriors offered and he rejected to stay loyal to Manly :clap:

Hamster Huey

Space Invader
If he leaves, wherever Hiku goes will see the best of him. I hate the idea of coming up against him as an opponent to our side. He's a special player but I understand how he's seen as excess to us for 2016. A victim of his versatility, unfortunately.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
If I was Hiku I would be going to the club that promises him a starting fullback spot, or at least has a pathway for him in that position. Melbourne have Slater and Munster, the Eels have Gordon and Gutherson. Given that Hiku is a better winger than Munster, Gordon and Gutherson, the Eels and Storm would probably keep him posted on a wing or in the centres because they have other cover for Fullback. Therefore I would take the Dragons deal and play 1 for them. Once he establishes himself as a permanent fullback, he can earn the big bucks that "spine" players demand.

Alby

Reserve Grader
If I was Hiku I would be going to the club that promises him a starting fullback spot, or at least has a pathway for him in that position. Melbourne have Slater and Munster, the Eels have Gordon and Gutherson. Given that Hiku is a better winger than Munster, Gordon and Gutherson, the Eels and Storm would probably keep him posted on a wing or in the centres because they have other cover for Fullback. Therefore I would take the Dragons deal and play 1 for them. Once he establishes himself as a permanent fullback, he can earn the big bucks that "spine" players demand.
Exactly what I was saying earlier. If his natural abilities lie in 'fullback' and his heart is set on that position, he should grab 'dragons' offer with both hands.
Plus I don't think I could stomach him going to eels, souths or storm - in that order.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Exactly what I was saying earlier. If his natural abilities lie in 'fullback' and his heart is set on that position, he should grab 'dragons' offer with both hands.
Plus I don't think I could stomach him going to eels, souths or storm - in that order.

I can stomach him going to any club as long as they lose when we play them.

HoldenV8

Journey Man
In Manly's first premiership title win only Ian Martin, Terry Randall and Fred Jones were Manly juniors. The rest came from all over the state and one from England. Even the coach was a Canterbury junior

Manly juniors who have gone on to win a premiership with the club are:

Ian Martin (1972, 1973, 1976, 1978)
Fred Jones (1972, 1973)
Terry Randall (1972, 1973, 1976, 1978)
John Bucknall (1973)
Russel Gartner (1976, 1978)
Alan Thompson (1976, 1978)
John Harvey (1976, 1978)
Max Krilich (1976, 1978)
Gary Thoroughgood (1976)
Mark Willoughby (1976)
Wayne Springall (1978) - ??
Stuart Davis (1987)
David Ronson (1987)
Phil Daley (1987)
John Hopoate (1996)
Geoff Toovey (1996)
Steve Menzies (1996, 2008)
Daniel Gartner (1996)
Craig Hancock (1996)
Anthony Watmough (2008, 2011)
Jason King (2008)
William Hopoate (2011)
Vic Mauro (2011)

Every other Sea Eagles premiership winner has either been another clubs junior that we picked up, someone from the country, someone from overseas (England or NZ) or had played for another NSWRL/ARL/NRL club before joining the maroon and white.

Rex

Bencher
Manly juniors who have gone on to win a premiership with the club are:

Ian Martin (1972, 1973, 1976, 1978)
Fred Jones (1972, 1973)
Terry Randall (1972, 1973, 1976, 1978)
John Bucknall (1973)
Russel Gartner (1976, 1978)
Alan Thompson (1976, 1978)
John Harvey (1976, 1978)
Max Krilich (1976, 1978)
Gary Thoroughgood (1976)
Mark Willoughby (1976)
Wayne Springall (1978) - ??
Stuart Davis (1987)
David Ronson (1987)
Phil Daley (1987)
John Hopoate (1996)
Geoff Toovey (1996)
Steve Menzies (1996, 2008)
Daniel Gartner (1996)
Craig Hancock (1996)
Anthony Watmough (2008, 2011)
Jason King (2008)
William Hopoate (2011)
Vic Mauro (2011)

Every other Sea Eagles premiership winner has either been another clubs junior that we picked up, someone from the country, someone from overseas (England or NZ) or had played for another NSWRL/ARL/NRL club before joining the maroon and white.

That's a total of 36 junior appearances in grand final wins.

Which is 4.5 juniors per grand final win.

Alby

Reserve Grader
Just been on a few rival forums (I know I know, lifeless) - eels, dragons, doggies - and they all hold Hiku in high regards. They seem to be salivating on the thought of having him in their backline, and think we're foolish for letting him go.
Are we missing something here?... I mean I never thought it was a big deal, but after reading some of these forums - hmmm.:(

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Just been on a few rival forums (I know I know, lifeless) - eels, dragons, doggies - and they all hold Hiku in high regards. They seem to be salivating on the thought of having him in their backline, and think we're foolish for letting him go.
Are we missing something here?... I mean I never thought it was a big deal, but after reading some of these forums - hmmm.:(
No. He's been playing on the end of a once in a generation backline. People seem to think that finishing on that backline will transfer straight over to their own clubs rubbish backlines. They are also swayed by him being an international but that's kind of like being impressed solely by the fact that Will Hopoate plays SOO.

Consider this - our new coach who has come in and Bozo have assessed all of the guys in the squad who are signed for the upcoming year and have ruthlessly cut whoever they don't think is up for our new style of play (which will if anything be faster for starters at least). Now Hiku has been added to that list. What does THAT tell you..?

Also - Parra fans have thought they are one player away for 30 years. Take everything they think with a grain of they're all morons.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Interesting to read that Tafua is tearing it up at training and is also looking less nuggety...

Ryan

Journey Man
I don't get it. One second the Eels are fined for breaching the cap. Next minute they refuse and can't pay Hopoate. Then they buy Foran and a thousand other players without having to release anyone like we have almost every day.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member

Just like we do with walker?

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
I don't get it. One second the Eels are fined for breaching the cap. Next minute they refuse and can't pay Hopoate. Then they buy Foran and a thousand other players without having to release anyone like we have almost every day.
Yep. Absolutely don't get it. Did they have a mass release like we did? And surely they're paying ALL of Watmough's enormous contract by now?

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart

Its all how you use your cards...especially those you have up your sleeve.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16