perspositives and pospectives

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's traditional after a flogging that someone puts up a thread for this stuff so here's a couple of look on the bright side thoughts.
Saab was good
First half we were flogged by a pretty hot 2-time premiers side, yet after 30 minutes they'd only scored 2 tries (yeah I know they then scored 3 in the next 8 minutes!)
When possession evened up the game was suddenly competitive (yeah I know Panthers relaxed as the game was over, but still!)
DCE is 100% for conversions
Weekes got a big lesson in what to expect from 1st grade
Blacktown beat the Premiers!

That's all I can think of so far
:)

It was a poor performance no question. What do I think were the big issues.

Defence No 1: I know they had 10% more ball but the Sea Eagles defense was poor, well over twice as many missed tackles as Penrith. Even Croker missed 6, the second week in a row he's had trouble. Only Jake impressed in this department. I know Saab had a good game but even he missed 3. Cant win games without the ball and without defense.
Team Balance, No 2: This side is all over the shop at present. Playing as individuals. Jake leads by example but they need a strong forward leader. Woods?
Centres No 3: These are supposed to be your attacking weapons. The Parker-Harper combination has failed in the past and is still failing.
Star Players No 4; I suspect Turbo is having serious problems at present. Very tentatve. I suspect its a confidence thing. Maybe a period in the centre and Weekes at full back for a while may help him regain confidence, rather than having to consistently do big runs that may affect his hammies. I wouldn't come down on Weekes too much. Didnt have a bad game, just not a good one. 22 tackles, a line break. He was up against probably the best half-five eighth combination in the comp at present. Hooker: we desperately need a good play maker in that role. Surely they can up grade Tong.

I think some forward changes are needed. Woods needs to come in. Fainu on the bench. They'll get better with time. Its got some top players in the side. Just needs to meld. Hope Schuster is back neat week.

There is always next week. Really digging hard to find positives out of that game.
Kind of felt it was way too easy for the Panthers to pull us apart the way they did in the first half. Their game plan was much better than ours. ( yes! even allowing for execution)

It was a poor performance no question. What do I think were the big issues.

Defence No 1: I know they had 10% more ball but the Sea Eagles defense was poor, well over twice as many missed tackles as Penrith. Even Croker missed 6, the second week in a row he's had trouble. Only Jake impressed in this department. I know Saab had a good game but even he missed 3. Cant win games without the ball and without defense.
Team Balance, No 2: This side is all over the shop at present. Playing as individuals. Jake leads by example but they need a strong forward leader. Woods?
Centres No 3: These are supposed to be your attacking weapons. The Parker-Harper combination has failed in the past and is still failing.
Star Players No 4; I suspect Turbo is having serious problems at present. Very tentatve. I suspect its a confidence thing. Maybe a period in the centre and Weekes at full back for a while may help him regain confidence, rather than having to consistently do big runs that may affect his hammies. I wouldn't come down on Weekes too much. Didnt have a bad game, just not a good one. 22 tackles, a line break. He was up against probably the best half-five eighth combination in the comp at present. Hooker: we desperately need a good play maker in that role. Surely they can up grade Tong.

I think some forward changes are needed. Woods needs to come in. Fainu on the bench. They'll get better with time. Its got some top players in the side. Just needs to meld. Hope Schuster is back neat week.
Tom might need a week or two in a bath full of methyl salicylate (the stuff in Deep Heat etc.). With breaks for meals and the toilet.

I keep thinking of the broncos game last year. Something was wrong physically, so he and the club copped a blast in the media. The following week he over-compensated and the rest is history.

If you watched the NSW cup. You'll see why I said Boyle. They won in spite of him being out there trying to lose it.
After sipley, condon, woods and dias the riff took to boyle like he was the part time 5th bowler on a flat track and got results for sure

Tom might need a week or two in a bath full of methyl salicylate (the stuff in Deep Heat etc.). With breaks for meals and the toilet.

I keep thinking of the broncos game last year. Something was wrong physically, so he and the club copped a blast in the media. The following week he over-compensated and the rest is history.
Just in time to make another documentary and make a part 2 series to his rehab. Maybe Scotty has got plans to send him to Antarctica in some secret ice chamber

I think his shoulder is shot. And if that's the case, when defence is pretty much the only thing he has to offer at 9, then why persist? Give him a chance to heal. No?
He missed 9 tackles last week as well. If thats his bread and butter and hes not doing that well, I cant understand why you would pick him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4