• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
mickqld link said:
It seems the general consensus is we are better off without Josh. Maybe so but more injuries aren't helping our cause regardless. I just hope that Cross will be up to it because he hasn't played much footy this year.

Mate I don't know where he's been.  He went gangbusters when Rose was injured but hasn't been able to crack it since.  I would rate him above GI JOE and Georgy
who needs to lose a massive amount of weight.

Perry was an integral part of our 08 Grand Final win and deserves our respect for that - get well soon Josh.

As to how much it will hurt us - if we get another injury to a prop it will hurt us big time ..however we can cover it better than most positions with Cross and to me Joe Gulavao ( who was outstanding last night ) is plenty big enough for front row if need be.  

Touch wood no more injuries - 3 season enders is way too much.  

It's a long term break/recovery ALA George Rose, and he'll be in 30's. If St Helen's have an out clause, they'll be sure to exercise it....they definitely wouldn't throw $250k at him for nothing.

Maybe Newcastle can stump up, and pay him the cap minimum of $50k, so he can run around for them the year after?

The Indian link said:
Perry was an integral part of our 08 Grand Final win and deserves our respect for that - get well soon Josh.

As to how much it will hurt us - if we get another injury to a prop it will hurt us big time ..however we can cover it better than most positions with Cross and to me Joe Gulavao ( who was outstanding last night ) is plenty big enough for front row if need be. 

Touch wood no more injuries - 3 season enders is way too much. 

As Darren stated in the NYC thread, I reckon Palau would chomp at the bit to get a run.

Ray Hadley said

"The Manly Dr said it's the most unusual lower knee dislocation he's ever seen, but as it's a lower knee and not a knee it means he's not out of the season, probably right in two weeks"

Not sure where he gets his information from so only passing on what I heard.

Mate from what I could see his knee cap was halfway down the outside of his right calf!

Yes I agree BUT just saying what I heard from Hadley......to be honest I can't see it myself.

Perry will hold a special place in my mind as will Orford and every other player that played in 2008, but as with Orford, I will be happy to see the Teddy Bear get a big pay day in England.

The side will be better for the enthusiasm that will come from someone else like Matt Cross.

Josh deserves credit for his form in 08 and 09.  He was one of the main reasons we won in 2008 and he held his form pretty well in an up and down season last year.  I did think his form was down since he was dropped from the NSW side, and if it wasn't for last night, I think Des would have had to bite the bullet and drop him from the starting side for Kite.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

Actually I am going to warm to Josh in this dark hour. I know the news looks promising but to me it did not look good. I will forever remember his stoush with Jamie Peacock in the WCC, the commentator saying "Jamie doesn't like Australians and he is not alone" and seeing who won the fight. Onya Josh - thanks for the memories.

I remember him knocking out Ben Ross in his first match for Manly - it was an enormous hit, left him reeling as well as kayoing Ross, it made a statement about his intentions and about our year. It turned out the best of years, and he was certainly part of it.

yeah i read the same thing good news only out for four weeks..

ManlyBacker link said:
Actually I am going to warm to Josh in this dark hour. I know the news looks promising but to me it did not look good. I will forever remember his stoush with Jamie Peacock in the WCC, the commentator saying \"Jamie doesn't like Australians and he is not alone\" and seeing who won the fight. Onya Josh - thanks for the memories.

Haha. Mate i talked to Josh after the WCC about the fight. He had no skin left on his knuckles on boths hands. We had a good laugh about it. He did tell me that he got as good as he gave and that "we love that sort of stuff"

ah, the memories

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4