Penrith v Souths. [Grand final, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apart from origin it's back to fox for the footy again in 2022.

Man even though fox sports like Ennis voss and co I can't stand they are a breath of fresh air compared to nine, so glad I have fox.

Man nine is just awful and was so hard to watch tonight.

Brandy at the post game show priceless and shows what league means to ex players.
Brandy is the best on Fox imo

Thought he did a real good job with welcome to country. I’m not a great fan of it to be honest but it was good to see a RL player doing it.
I liked that JT did it but he could of mentioned specifically the yuggerra and turribul people of the area. I thought it was a fairly scripted one tbh. I watched I think the afl welcome from Perth and it was very good.

Here’s a little Covid lockdown boredom project I finished a few weekends ago, updated for the Panffers win last night

Attachments

• E5CB8876-133E-4930-8C70-9831F2FD4E74.png
    E5CB8876-133E-4930-8C70-9831F2FD4E74.png
    179.7 KB · Views: 40
  • DB92D481-00AF-4437-BC86-5903D1059478.png
    DB92D481-00AF-4437-BC86-5903D1059478.png
    207.6 KB · Views: 39
  • 648082A6-9F8A-4030-8FBC-D162BBAB6F22.png
    648082A6-9F8A-4030-8FBC-D162BBAB6F22.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 37
Here’s a little Covid lockdown boredom project I finished a few weekends ago, updated for the Panffers win last night
Haha you must be bored! Like Penrith in the brown and white. Tbh there were hardly any brown panthers jerseys in the stands. I much prefer their brown kit from 1999 to that black one.

Haha you must be bored! Like Penrith in the brown and white. Tbh there were hardly any brown panthers jerseys in the stands. I much prefer their brown kit from 1999 to that black one.
Yeah I was truly bored. Started out seeing how many of these results I could remember off the top of my head and there were quite a few gaps. The office secretary in my first job at an accounting firm in Dee Why had the party trick of being able to rattle off every Melbourne Cup winner from 1861 onwards!

I think everyone loves those chocolate soldiers jerseys. There was a thread the other day on the Classic Era Rugby League Facebook site the other day asking members what their fav panffers jumper was, and the brown and while vertical stripes won easily. Interestingly, second place was their original jumper from 67 which looks very Manly like

Attachments

• 06ABF213-7A8C-4151-9257-820782726BDC.jpeg
    06ABF213-7A8C-4151-9257-820782726BDC.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 32
Yes, two in this game. Burton and johnson. Both Marginally different to suli, but the only difference is the bloke fell over in suli’s case. It is amazing to me that ours was “clear” no try and these two are both “clear” tries.
I agree but poor old suli ran at the wrong shoulder and Reynolds milked it

Perfect result really .If Panthers lost ,they would've came back even hungrier next year.
Hopefully now Lose a few players and drift back off into oblivion for another 10 years.
Souths lose Bennett and their longtime local boy Halfback and they are back to the middle of the comp.
Now just need Storm to get rid of Munster and D1ckcheese and our road is paved.
Not sure the Panthers lose anyone , Kikau maybe.

But agree the others will miss who they are losing.

Every likelihood if Mitchell played , Souths probably premiers [ not to detract from his replacement 's efforts ] No sympathy for Mitchell but certainly for the club . Setback after setback for the Bunnies last night and really did well to stay in the game with the Panthers and with a few more things going their way , could well have won . Panthers should still be hard to beat again in 2022 , Crichton probably taking Burton 's centre position . Sheen returning on the wing , Capewell not really weakening the pack but should be down on depth . Bunnies will certainly have a few outs .

The Panthers roster will be weaker next year with Capewell going to the Broncos and Burton & Naden to the Dogs.
Ah yes you are right Id forgotten about Burton / Capewell & Naden

And possibly Kikau

So that was really their last chance at winning one.

They’ll be thereabouts next year but I doubt back to back,

Agree.

I think the composition of the eight may change a little next year. Some teams might slip a bit and the big improvers may be the Sea Eagles (not so much ladder position, but consistency), the Roosters (return of Keary & Collins and maybe signing of Lomax?) and the Sharks (Finucane, Hynes plus new coach).

Last edited:
Agree.

I think the composition of the eight may change a little next year. Some teams might slip a bit and the big improvers may be the Sea Eagles (not so much ladder position, but consistency), the Roosters (return of Keary & Collins and maybe Lomax?) and the Sharks (Finucane, Hynes plus new coach).
I’ve just started a thread on this subject !!

I liked that JT did it but he could of mentioned specifically the yuggerra and turribul people of the area. I thought it was a fairly scripted one tbh. I watched I think the afl welcome from Perth and it was very good.
JT was reading it from a teleprompter you could see his eyes looking to the left.

Ah yes you are right Id forgotten about Burton / Capewell & Naden

And possibly Kikau

So that was really their last chance at winning one.

When you look at the top six clubs from this season most of them will be losing players, but you shouldn't assume they will be weaker next year. The Storm keeps proving this. They will be losing Ado-Carr and Finacunning but I'll bet Coats becomes the comp's leading try scorer and they will continue to unearth other new stars.
Penrith has such a large nursery that they will adequately replace who they lose. Souffs showed that Taffe will be able to replace Reyolds and they almost won the comp sans Letrene; Easts blooded some good players and will be probably stronger than this season with guys like Walker and the other 'wonderkid'; Doesn'tmatta? Who cares?
We should benefit by having Guaca and The Shoe now NRL-hardened and we seem to have growth in other players as well as capable reserves. Injuries asides, I think we will improve a little in 2022, I'm just not sure if it will be enough to topple Melbourne, Easts, and the 'Riff.

Meanwhile, Rabbitohs fans across Kingsford, South Coogee, Coogee, Randwick and Maroubra missed on a large chunk of the thrilling grand final as a power outage wreaked havoc across areas of South Sydney.

Ausgrid reported the outage on their website on Sunday afternoon with about 3000 homes reportedly affected.

The outage ran from approximately 6.30pm to 9pm and allowed affected fans to catch approximately only the last 20 minutes of the match.

A number of fans have taken to social media in anger, prompting Ausgrid to apologise.

“We sincerely apologise for the problems tonight and understand how much everyone is looking forward to watching the game,” a spokeswoman wrote on the Ausgrid Twitter page.

“Our crews are working to get power back to everyone as quickly and safely as possible.”

The website stated the reason for the outage was unknown, but Ausgrid crews had worked to “removed hazards” restore the power.

I didn't wait around to see the presentation of rings. Did TPJ receive one? I hope not. It would be a disgrace if he was adjudged to be a premiership winning player.

Agree.

I think the composition of the eight may change a little next year. Some teams might slip a bit and the big improvers may be the Sea Eagles (not so much ladder position, but consistency), the Roosters (return of Keary & Collins and maybe signing of Lomax?) and the Sharks (Finucane, Hynes plus new coach).
I think we could be the most improved side next year. The young forwards will be much better for the experience, we aren't losing any key players, and Burbo should be ready for FG by next year.

Add Bullemor and (fingers crossed) Fainu and we go from a top 4 side to a top 2 side, IMO.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7