Post-Game Discussion Penrith V Manly [Round 14, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Panthers
Vs
Sea Eagles
32 Bluebet Stadium
09 Jun 2024 16:05
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
Clown team coached by a professional clown.
Koula had his best ever game at fullback a few weeks ago, and it was the best fullback performance all season, but Koula is not playing fullback for some crazy reason.
Hoppa Jr won’t play as good as Koula will at fullback, the rest of the year. That’s a perfect sign that Siebold is clueless.
Koula is also wasted doing hit ups at centre, because he’s never put into a good position ever, previously by DCE and now Brooks.

Semi’s are a pipe dream.
DCE fraud alert again. Need 12 opposition players to do well.
Troll alert ⚠️..

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
Same BS..we lose and suddenly we have posters rubbishing the team, the coaches..DCE..blah blah blah.. facts are we missed too many tackle and that's on the players ALL OF THEM and if Garrick kicks at least 2 more goals we are a big chance of winning even playing badly.. onto next week

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Why do we so often only put two defenders in the tackle? Penrith were consistently controlling the ruck with 3 defenders each tackle. We usually had two, with at least one of them taken out of the defensive line as the ball runners landed on their stomachs and got quick play the balls. Baffled with that tactic, TBH.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Sure, agreed. Penrith grind probably would have prevailed eventually.

Doesn't mean we need to try another shift with 3 minutes to go in the half, when we were already up.

Cost us 6 points against, and gave Penrith all the momentum into the 2nd half.

Again....better game management will go a long way to us winning, or even staying in games longer, and give our BenjiBall style more chance to succeed.
Yeah sorry, wasn’t suggesting your observation was wrong. I didn’t like the shift either.

DanielLehi888

Reserve Grader
Yeah and Penrith had their two best players out. Hopefully we hit a bright purple patch soon because at this stage we will be relying on luck to sneek into the 8 in a few months time. Take DCE out of our team and we are definitely bottom 4 without a doubt

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I was wishing we could've adopted Lomax from the crowd to do our goalkicks.

If Garrick Kicked better, the loss wouldn't have looked as bad. Had he Played better, we may not have lost. Here's another example of a player wanting to play a certain position but is a better player in another position.

On a positive note, well played Lehi.
It’s disappointing that Garrick made noise about wanting to play centre other than the wing, he is okay with the ball, in defence he is a passenger with his technique, his feet stop as he braces for contact, he doesn’t read the attack at all and 90% of the time he takes the inside attacker.

Eagle 1

First Grader
If only we had defensive line speed and purpose like Penrith do. We only do it once every six games or so. They rush up...leaves us with little go forward. We stand and watch.... as Luai dances and picks his targets. Very disappointing. We can score tries...but our defence, or lack thereof, ensures we will not be a Top 4 team.
That's why they are Premiership favourites.
And we are just battling to make the 8.

The Royal Soup

First Grader
Another week and another loss and all the idiot coach can talk about is how awesome it was that we scored 5 try’s against Penrith

what a clueless fool he really is!!

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Any word on Haumole’s injury?

Taking him off was apparently precautionary. Leaving him on would probably have led to a longer term injury. He'll get treatment, be monitored blah blah blah. He is a chance of playing next week, but I get the sinking feeling either Bullemor or more likely Waddell is going to be in our starting back row next Sunday while Haumole will be a spectator.

On another subject ... I'm starting to wonder if getting Jake Simpkin from the Tigpies was because Froggy's neck injury is worse than first thought?? Croker was only supposed to be out for the HIA protocol after a Cat 1. Then it became an indefinite neck injury with no word on its progress while Lawton and Gordon became our Laurel and Hardy act at dummy half ... and now we make a mid-season move for Simpkin who's played 41 games for Wests. Something tells me Lachlan Croker might be out for a lot longer than just a few weeks.....

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Quite remarkable really. Manly missed over 50 tackles, had almost 10 minutes less ball, made far less metres, yet went down 5 tries to 4. Not as bad as it may seem. Yes Manly has big problems with their defense issues, which has been pointed out ad infinitum in the past yet the coaching staff seem unable to correct it, and still they stay within a try of the premiers. Much better than last year. Work to be done certainly but not as bad as it seems.

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
Quite remarkable really. Manly missed over 50 tackles, had almost 10 minutes less ball, made far less metres, yet went down 5 tries to 4. Not as bad as it may seem. Yes Manly has big problems with their defense issues, which has been pointed out ad infinitum in the past yet the coaching staff seem unable to correct it, and still they stay within a try of the premiers. Much better than last year. Work to be done certainly but not as bad as it seems.
Certainly encouraging from that perspective alone. To be 10 points shy after missing a staggering 59 tackles and missing 4 / 5? goals against a red hot Panthers side I think says something positive. Yes very obvious what we need to fix but 14 rounds in and still not fixed says something also. Not sure how you win a comp where your boys cant tackle and obviously cant be coached to tackle!!!

Eagle 1

First Grader
Certainly encouraging from that perspective alone. To be 10 points shy after missing a staggering 59 tackles and missing 4 / 5? goals against a red hot Panthers side I think says something positive. Yes very obvious what we need to fix but 14 rounds in and still not fixed says something also. Not sure how you win a comp where your boys cant tackle and obviously cant be coached to tackle!!!
Maybe just out score the opposition instead.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16